Kobe Trade Thread (vol. Save the Kittens and Puppies)

The thing with the Lakers end of it though is, has Gordon signed his extension yet?

If not, after this season, that means Artest AND Gordon would be FA's?

I don't see how this benefits LA.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Wow, Ben Wallace and Ron Artest were going to become Lakers?

That would be as good a deal as the Lakers could get. Only drawback is Ben's monster contract.
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Quote:
bulls fans, you really think your team is good enough to win it all as is? after u give deng/gordon their new contracts, you won't be able to afford a new 'big man'. you will only hope that ty thomas becomes that man
Quote:

I couldn't agree more the East is only going to continue to get better and with our little engine that could/poor man's spurs w/o duncan or parker..or even ginobli isn't gonna sniff a finals let alone go really deep on the playoffs I must be the only one who is worried about teams who have given us a hard time as of late (NJ,TOR,)and teams that have reloaded(BOS,ORL,MIA-ahealthy DWADE) and then u still have Detroit so tell where and when this big man is going to magically appear cuz in my eyes we already missed him when we duped ourselves into traded Aldridge for That bust Thomas,when u have Kobe Bryant on the Trade block and he's basically begging u to trade for him u don't say no, he'll act right once he comes here b/c in my opinion he's always wanted to be here especially if they keep Deng and Phil comes after this season so let me know when that Big magically appears cuz its not gonna be Gasol and last I heard Boston

Quote:
Not even Lakers management would be dumb enough to make some of these trades.

I hope you're right about that because some of the rumored trades would truly be horrible for the Lakers. Like Lakers getting Ben Wallace and Artest? Please. The only thing that team would be competiting for would be tne # 1 draft pick. I've never liked Kobe and want him out, but I don't know if I'll be able to forgive Laker mangement if they do something stupid.

I'm thinking though, if the Bulls get Kobe they have no need for Gordon. they'd eventually have to trade him anyway or have have to re-sign him. and there'd be a logjam at the 2 spot unless he plays point.

and the Kings can't be getting Hinrich or Gordon in the deal. Artest isn't worth either (trade value). it's gotta be Tyrus and filler.
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter...who makes stairs.

This thread is pretty much a yawn now.

Until there's any real solid deals being done, Kobe is staying in the p&g whether he likes it or not.
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

kobe and brian cook for joe johnson, josh childress, and al horford
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
1949 1950 1952 1953 1954 1972 1980 1982 1985 1987 1988 2000 2001 2002

^^ I guess when you count out Chicago and Dallas, what else do you have?

Now Lakers need to concentrate on upgrading the current roster... Jermain O'Neal?
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

^ I have no idea. I know it was after someone just dunked on someone FILTHY-like. I thought that the dude that dunked it was on Starbury's team, but maybe not. I just know it was after a dunk, and Stephon walked away with that ugly, disgusted face. :lol:
laugh.gif

That's exactly what I did. I looked at my boy like, "Good NIGHT, that was ugly, son." :rofl:
roll.gif
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

I saw that. I wonder What the the pacers want. If they still want bynum I wonder if the lakers will make the deal.

Quote:
Magic Johnson also hinted that talks of bringing Indiana Pacers All-Star Jermaine O'Neal to the Lakers to join Bryant have resurfaced. Paxson also had to deal with a contract extension for Deng. Chicago Sun-Times
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

im glad lakers didnt do this deal.

im surprised kobe vetoed this, if true. this is prob his best deal, unless he really wants to be in chicago. OR he doesn't want to get traded anymore, orright now.

Quote:
the only guy I'd love to keep in LA is Turiaf, his passion is unseen and he brings so many intangibles.
Kobe%20To%20Turiaf.gif
Ronny%27s%20Super%20Poster%20On%20Skinner.gif
.:Flowsomuch:.
TEAMLAKERS
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
and why would any FA want to sign here if kobe is not here?
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

The Laker front office is inept, Kobe is being a drama queen and won't go to a team that's not stacked.

Welcome to LA!
TEAM LAKERS

Quote:
Kwame Brown sucks...but he has some potential. He was the #1 overall pick, and the Fakers didn't pick him. He could have improved the last 3 years if he wasn't on a team with #24.
Luke Walton is decent. He shouldn't be a starter on a good NBA team, but his passing skills and mid range jumper make him a servicable role player.
Andrew Byunm is horrible, but he could develop into a decent player...you see flashes of it when #24 isn't on the floor. Plus, look at all the teams that want to deal for him...so there's something there.
Farmar will never be any good in the NBA.
Without all the injuries and personal stuff, Odom is a decent NBA player. Another case of #24 holding back a player.
Turiaf has no talent to speak of, but he plays hard.
Brian Cook, Chris Mihm, Maurice Evans and Vlarimir Crapmanovic are worthless.
TEAM LAKERS

Quote:
am I the only Laker fan still hoping that we go on a little win streak and get LO back and just play out the season? forget about all the drama?
TEAM XBOX360
.:Flowsomuch:.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Wow, that would've been interesting. I'm actually not sure why Kobe vetoed it, I think he would have been in a very good situation with Billups andSheed, with some younger guys like Stuckey and Maxiell coming around in the next couple years as well. I guess he really wants LA to trade him for nothing.
smh.gif

Kwame Brown never had any potential from the moment he came out of his momma's vagina.
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​
TEAM LAKERS
Bryant-Odom​

Quote:
You're foolish if you don't think there wasn't an agreement with Shaq before the Divac trade

Quote:
I understand the July 18th signing date, but isn't July first the day you can negotiate with players, but you can't officially sign for two weeks or something like that? Isn't that how most of the signings are nowadays?

I remember McGrady, Hill and Duncan were all being looked at at midnight July first by the Magic, but they didn't sign for weeks later.

Maybe I'm off on this.

Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

what about Hinrich, Gordon, and Thomas for Kobe? U get to keep Deng...
Team Dodgers 4 Life
RAIDER NATION

Quote:
Chicago radio station AM670 has said Kobe just needs to OK this deal and its a go. If Hinrich is not in the starting lineup tonight, you know it happened.
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

i dont know much about contracts, but i keep hearing that Kobe is the only player in the league with a no trade clause....

how do u get a no trade clause, and why his he the only player with one? it seems like most players would like to have that type of power to have to approve of what team they get traded to.

I know originally Kobe said that he wanted to play with Big Ben, so a trade involving him would get vetoed by Kobe. I really, really want Kobe to come to Chicago, but I don't want to see Deng, Hinrich, or Wallace to go. Why can't a Thomas, Gordon, 2 #1s work?? Or get Sac involved again and throw some of that their way. I know Nocioni can't be traded until Dec., so unfortunately, that's out of the equation ...
Shoes For SalePM Me...Too Lazy To Post In Buy/Sell Currently
Sizes 12 - 13

Not Kobe talk but did anyone hear about the LAL/IND with JO trade being brought up again?
TEAMLAKERS

Back
Top Bottom