Knicks Close to Deal for JR Smith

Originally Posted by abutta13

love to watch jr play but hes not what the knicks need. The last thing we need is more chuckers. But of course thats probably what dantoni wants. its like giving a fat kid who already has a terrible diet even more junk food.
Please name the chuckers on the Knicks.

It's like ppl thought the problem with out offense was players were shooting too much and chucking it any time they got the ball.

Originally Posted by SpaceLemonkush

another ball hog on the team nice 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

Originally Posted by odog24

in my opinion knicks have enough offensive threats they need some defensive stoppers.

they should sign him and trade him to la and well give world peace.  
grin.gif

I like where you're going with this.... LA needs to step up and sign Gil tho cause Blake and Fisher aren't cutting it.

No sign and trades in mid season anymore.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

love to watch jr play but hes not what the knicks need. The last thing we need is more chuckers. But of course thats probably what dantoni wants. its like giving a fat kid who already has a terrible diet even more junk food.

It's like ppl thought the problem with out offense was players were shooting too much and chucking it any time they got the ball.
melo, douglas, stat, walker all could be considered chuckers.  and we still do shoot too much even during this win streak its just that we finally have some sort of penetration.   if JR can be more of a slasher and take smarter shots then this can be great.  however dantoni is still our coach so i am not holding my breath.  we need a backup pg at this point more than we need another 2.  Idk whats good with baron and im sick of watching shump play out of position.

melo, douglas, stat, walker all could be considered chuckers.  and we still do shoot too much even during this win streak its just that we finally have some sort of penetration.   if JR can be more of a slasher and take smarter shots then this can be great.  however dantoni is still our coach so i am not holding my breath.  we need a backup pg at this point more than we need another 2.  Idk whats good with baron and im sick of watching shump play out of position.
laugh.gif
TD does not play anymore at all, Walker won't play once JR is here. So now you got Melo, STAT, and JR (I won't even bother arguing why you think STAT is a chucker).

And what you mean we shoot too much? All that means is we're getting a lot of possessions through offensive rebounding or making the opposing team play a fast uptempo game which is in our favor. We're gonna have to take some risks since Pringles is the coach. You may want to call JR a chucker but he's also an offensive threat and we need more scorers for our 2nd unit.

We can get by with the corpse of Mike Bibby and Shump playing some pg when Lin sits. Right now we just have to see if Baron gets healthy sooner than later and this isn't a Buike situation.

it's never bad to have someone who can give instant offense - like Jason Terry, Jamaal Crawford and JR Smith

lucky Knicks

calling stat a chucker may be a bit of a stretch but its also better than what i really wanna say about his offense this yr. when i say we shoot too much i mean we settle for outside shots too much rather than driving. shooting 3 pointer after 3 pointer is not what i would call taking risks thats just a sign of a team that isnt very well coached. If u want to justify jacking up 3's by saying it creates offensive boards than u are looking at things backwards, especially if were just gonna jack up another 3 with that extra possession. i agree that JR is a huge threat on offense, i would have no doubts about him joining the team if we had a real coach.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

you guys dont realize that he most likely will come off the bench as our 6th mand and our lead offensive contributer on the 2nd team.

Chandler
Amare
Melo
Fields/Shump
Lin

JR
Walker
Douglas
Novak
Shump/Fields

you are crazy if you think JR Swish is coming off the bench. he chose new york because of the money and the prospect of starting.
the New Jack City era is upon us
laugh.gif
I've seen your posts around and I am convinced that you are a troll.
laugh.gif
So JR about to come to NY and just insert himself into the lineup? Oh ok.

Non-Knicks fans are blinded by our little 7-game win streak. Lin and Melo are the only two people on this team that can create a shot for themselves or other people. STAT? No, not this season. Dude is a reliability on offense as far as I am concerned. Usually the first people off the bench are Shumpert or Jared Jeffries, both who are unable to consistently provide an offensive spark and are more for defensive purposes. Look at the Knicks bench and please tell me who can provide consistent offensive performances WITHOUT Melo or Lin creating for them. Our bench looked like they belonged in the D-League prior to Lin's arrival.

calling stat a chucker may be a bit of a stretch but its also better than what i really wanna say about his offense this yr. when i say we shoot too much i mean we settle for outside shots too much rather than driving. shooting 3 pointer after 3 pointer is not what i would call taking risks thats just a sign of a team that isnt very well coached. If u want to justify jacking up 3's by saying it creates offensive boards than u are looking at things backwards, especially if were just gonna jack up another 3 with that extra possession. i agree that JR is a huge threat on offense, i would have no doubts about him joining the team if we had a real coach.
I didn't say anything about jacking up 3s in my post. You can't fully explain yourself in this post and try to make it seem like I knew what you were talking about and my last post was addressing it. You called STAT a chucker and take it back now cuz you didn't or couldn't better explain how you feel about his offense this season. Regardless of that, it has nothing to do with your statement of the Knicks having too many chuckers. You take STAT out now we just have Melo since TD doesn't play anymore and Walker won't play if JR is on the team. So that's two guys who you're calling chuckers, one that will be starting and the other off the bench, one being an elite top 5 scorer, and the other being instant offense. The Knicks do not have too many chuckers.

As for the other stuff, who says JR doesn't it mix it up from taking jumpers and driving. I always felt his rep has been about him being selfish not simply a chuck. He's been known as a guy who doesn't pass and worries about his own stats.

Coach aint changing this season unless we start losing again. So it's a catch 22 hope for us to lose so we lose Pringles or root for us to win and deal with Pringles being coach a bit longer.

I didn't say anything about jacking up 3s in my post. You can't fully explain yourself in this post and try to make it seem like I knew what you were talking about and my last post was addressing it. You called STAT a chucker and take it back now cuz you didn't or couldn't better explain how you feel about his offense this season. Regardless of that, it has nothing to do with your statement of the Knicks having too many chuckers. You take STAT out now we just have Melo since TD doesn't play anymore and Walker won't play if JR is on the team. So that's two guys who you're calling chuckers, one that will be starting and the other off the bench, one being an elite top 5 scorer, and the other being instant offense. The Knicks do not have too many chuckers.

As for the other stuff, who says JR doesn't it mix it up from taking jumpers and driving. I always felt his rep has been about him being selfish not simply a chuck. He's been known as a guy who doesn't pass and worries about his own stats.

Coach aint changing this season unless we start losing again. So it's a catch 22 hope for us to lose so we lose Pringles or root for us to win and deal with Pringles being coach a bit longer.
you asked what i mean by saying we shoot too much.  i said we shoot too many threes. pretty simple.  regarding stat i could still label him a chucker cuz he does take some terrible shots but honestly at this point hes not even good enough to be an effective chucker lol.  he gets blocked or stripped before he even has a chance to put up the brick.  its not that i can't elaborate on it more its just that i have no problem admitting when i may have jumped the gun a bit or labeled someone unfairly.  I am also getting sick of this "we're stuck with pringles so let's support him" attitude.  Anyone who has ever played organized ball with a coach that was at least decent should be disgusted with what they see and hear from dantoni.

Either way i don't see this move being bad for the Knicks on the court. However J.R smith in NY and originally being from Jersey smh it has disaster written all over it.

Best case scenario he comes in fills his role with no commotion and becomes a Good trade chip over the off season

you asked what i mean by saying we shoot too much.  i said we shoot too many threes. pretty simple.  regarding stat i could still label him a chucker cuz he does take some terrible shots but honestly at this point hes not even good enough to be an effective chucker lol.  he gets blocked or stripped before he even has a chance to put up the brick.  its not that i can't elaborate on it more its just that i have no problem admitting when i may have jumped the gun a bit or labeled someone unfairly.  I am also getting sick of this "we're stuck with pringles so let's support him" attitude.  Anyone who has ever played organized ball with a coach that was at least decent should be disgusted with what they see and hear from dantoni.
Son, you just said a chucker to you means shooting too much. STAT doesn't do that. You just said calling STAT a chucker is a stretch. Now you saying he's a chucker cuz he takes some terrible shots. STAT isn't a chucker. You saying the Knicks have too many chuckers already is wrong. One of the four doesn't even play. Another one isn't even a chucker and the other won't play if JR gets signed.

I never said lets support Pringles. I said we're stuck with him you might as well stop complaining. Nothing you say about him will change this current situation. He's a bad coach, he's our coach. That's not changing now. Like I said before root for us to lose if you want him gone midseason. Other than that he might as well coach out his contract so we can move on. Besides that lets focus on this season as far as our opinions on what the team should do player wise.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

you guys dont realize that he most likely will come off the bench as our 6th mand and our lead offensive contributer on the 2nd team.

Chandler
Amare
Melo
Fields/Shump
Lin

JR
Walker
Douglas
Novak
Shump/Fields

you are crazy if you think JR Swish is coming off the bench. he chose new york because of the money and the prospect of starting.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you do realize he passed up 3 better teams to play with the knicks right? why do you think he did that? to play with jeremy lin? no i bet he was promised a starting spot. 

Son, you just said a chucker to you means shooting too much. STAT doesn't do that. You just said calling STAT a chucker is a stretch. Now you saying he's a chucker cuz he takes some terrible shots. STAT isn't a chucker. You saying the Knicks have too many chuckers already is wrong. One of the four doesn't even play. Another one isn't even a chucker and the other won't play if JR gets signed.

I never said lets support Pringles. I said we're stuck with him you might as well stop complaining. Nothing you say about him will change this current situation. He's a bad coach, he's our coach. That's not changing now. Like I said before root for us to lose if you want him gone midseason. Other than that he might as well coach out his contract so we can move on. Besides that lets focus on this season as far as our opinions on what the team should do player wise.
not once did i define what i feel makes someone a chucker.  u asked me to name the chuckers on our team without specifying any further so i named the players i feel chuck up bad shots on a somewhat consistent basis regardless of there current situations.  but since u want specific answers to vague questions lets say we would have two chuckers since that seems to be so important to u.  the only point im trying to make with JR is that i simply dont think dantoni can handle him.  if we are gonna be stuck with him than we have to consider his limitations as a coach.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Any team that JR goes to is an automatic contender for the finals

1863082_o.gif

J.R. Smith troll will entertain if he signs with Knicks.
pimp.gif

You don't think he can bring the Knicks to the promised land?

not once did i define what i feel makes someone a chucker.  u asked me to name the chuckers on our team without specifying any further so i named the players i feel chuck up bad shots on a somewhat consistent basis regardless of there current situations.  but since u want specific answers to vague questions lets say we would have two chuckers since that seems to be so important to u.  the only point im trying to make with JR is that i simply dont think dantoni can handle him.  if we are gonna be stuck with him than we have to consider his limitations as a coach.
Chuck bad shots and chuckers are two different things
laugh.gif

Regardless you were wrong about the team having too many chuckers. I'm beginning to think you don't even know what the word means since you took back giving STAT that title.

I never said we were gonna be stuck with Pringles. Never said the team needs chuckers. You used that word not me. I just pointed out that you were wrong in saying the team has too many.

As for handling JR, Melo and Tyson can rein him in not that I think he'd need that playing on offense with our 2nd unit.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you do realize he passed up 3 better teams to play with the knicks right? why do you think he did that? to play with jeremy lin? no i bet he was promised a starting spot. 

Del Negro promised him a starting job.
It came down to money. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thats great and all but you're wrong.Anyway I love JR off the bench when Meli and Stat sit down he could play his game znd provide instant offense. When Lin sits down we already seen how stagnant the offense gets so this will be a nice boost

Back
Top Bottom