Kevin Hart in major car accident

wr

Reported that he and the driver suffered major back injuries.

Was just watching him almost flip over with Jay Leno driving off road for his new season. Damn

Those roads are extra twisty and shouldn’t be treated lightly when speed is involved. My cousin and I have driven through there plenty of times while “testing” new car parts and there’s lots of others doing the same, speed bikers as well.

Hope Hart and his boy make a quick recovery. Too bad his classic ‘Cuda is destroyed but at least they made it out alive.

da baracuda was a pro touring resto-mod with a hellcat engine.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F07%2F66471200_3054852361222212_5408496863806488576_o.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

HP TUNERS / FACEBOOK
Modern-day Dodge Challengers and Chargers are performance machines with a hint of retro styling to them, but if you want the full retro Mopar experience, you need a 1970 Barracuda. The downside to the throwback muscle machine is that it's nearly 50 years old and doesn't have contemporary performance or reliability. Kevin Hart's new 'Cuda built by Speedkore is special, though, because it has a Hellcat V-8 Hemi engine under the hood.

Besides Speedkore, who has also built stunning machinery for the likes of Robert Downey Jr., Kevin Hart enlisted HP Tuners to modify the 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 and Gearhead Fabrications for, well, some of the fabrication. Sending power to the rear wheels is a ZF eight-speed automatic, the same automatic which lives in the modern Hellcat Challengers and Chargers. It's reliable, the shifting is quick, and it's easy to cruise around town in. While we would have liked to have seen it with a manual, there are worse transmissions to have.

The interior is completely redone and to save space and have a streamlined look, the 'Cuda has a rotary shift knob instead of a physical shifter. It does make the dash look sleek, even if it's not a retro-inspired component. New gauges pair to a period-correct steering wheel, making it look like it rolled off the assembly line in 1970.

message-editor%2F1562790550936-66186605_3054826651224783_909183437703741440_o.jpg

message-editor%2F1562790564049-66634244_3054826694558112_4540313780910817280_o.jpg

message-editor%2F1562790576381-66212187_3054826611224787_4850133733593841664_o.jpg

On the outside, noticeable changes have been made to the wheels, tires, and brakes. The 'Cuda sits low, with the wheels tucking up inside the fenders. The blue paint doesn't scream "look at me" but adds a classic vibe to the performance machine.

Under the hood is truly a thing of beauty. The engine bay is clean, with all of the wiring and accessories covered up so all someone can really see is the block, the supercharger, and the massive intake needed to suck air into the car to keep things going.

We aren't sure how much it cost, but considering who purchased it, it probably wasn't cheap. We do want to drive it, though.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/28919...lymouth-barracuda-restomod-with-a-hellcat-v-8

people dont go on mulholland highway to go home.. people go up there to drive fast on those backroads especially at 1am. same thing that happened with marcus hyde that photographer dude.

Last edited:
Wait....Hart went home first before heading to the hospital? After THAT crash? What?

Hope dude is ok, but those details are sketchy

Never understood the “need for speed” rush, ESPECIALLY at night.

I’m also not about to let someone else get their nut off with my ride. Thank god they survived, I really mean that as a first time dad.

C’mon, Kev - think of your kids man.

Damn, glad they're alive. Back injuries are for life though.
I see it all the time. I work in a critical care unit that has a major focus on neurosurgery. A good percentage of them come in already heavily dependent on opiates, then they get their laminectomy/disectomy & fusion/kyphoplasty/whatever, get put on a PCA pump (an IV morphine or dilaudid infusion that the patient controls with the press of a button), get weaned back on the pills, and deal with the long road of recovery. I'm not saying the surgeries aren't beneficial in a lot of cases, but I see a lot of "repeat customers" and surgical revisions because the pain either came back or was never actually alleviated to begin with. By the time they make it to us it's sometimes hard to determine how much of their pain is legitimate or if they're just hooked on opiates at that point.

But yeah...practicing proper body ergonomics will save you from a life of constant pain.

Back
Top Bottom