Kevin Durant just finished the month of January shooting 50% from the field and 52.3% from 3...

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Durant is the second best player in the league behind King James
kobe-bryant.jpg

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

As a KD fan, I would hate for him to go to Lakers. I just hope lakers disappear to oblivion after kobe leaves.
keep hoping cause it wont happen 

durant on the Lakers?...nahh theres no way that happens unless his team wants a chump change and draft picks for him....hmmmmmmm
nerd.gif

He plays alot of minutes, takes a lot of shots, scores a lot of points he's nice, offensively I would still take Melo by a hair, but as a complete player I will go with Durant right now, every one has conveniently forgotten that Melo still has very little interest in playing defense he is better than he use to be but still not good, Durant on the other hand has made huge strides.

Always said he'd be a beast
pimp.gif
Wish he was back in Seattle though
frown.gif
But he'll still be my favorite player...

Durant > anyone not named LeBron.

KD is lighting it up...getting to line more than carmelo and definitely more active on the court.

son has been ON FIRE. his shooting percentage is WWAAAYYYYYYYY better than last year.

his plus minus has to be a lot better also, for those who actually follow that dumb system

KD is on a fire but i don't think his shooting percentage is WAYYYYY higher than last year. he shot 48% from the field and 42% from the arc last year i think.

/\ I mean...Wade CAN'T play on this much for much longer. Son is about to start breaking down soon and he doesn't really have the finesse, moves, post work, of say, a Kobe in order to stay at a high level once that athleticism leaves. We'll see.

But I said it before and I'll say it again. After Bron, KD will be that guy...and I'm not putting a timestamp on that. However, if Dwight ever finds a post move...the NBA is in serious trouble.

Kevin Durant has a bright future?

He's a top 3 player right now. It now all depends whether he grasps the "team" concept and wins championships like Jordan or just ends up as a renowned offensive player.

Originally Posted by djaman

He's a top 3 player right now. It now all depends whether he grasps the "team" concept and wins championships like Jordan or just ends up as a renowned offensive player.

Originally Posted by Clockin Dollars

KD is the truth. I may be a little biased, but I have him slightly over Wade for the 3rd best in the league
nerd.gif
Well, I'd have to say KD is top 5, not top 3.  I have to put Wade & Dirk above KD.  I think if you asked every GM in the league, they'd take Wade/Dirk over KD.

But all "top 3 lists" aside, agreed that KD is an absolute beast.  There are tons of scoring machines in the league in Melo, Bryant, etc...but no one is more efficient than KD. 

And he's still only 22?  Crazy....and straight scary.

He's a top 3 player right now.

In talent, yes. However, he's still very much coming into his own much like Lebron a few years ago when he started off with ridiculous numbers and people asked, "How on Earth could he exceed that?". KD is in those stages. The PPG will get even higher. The rebounds will go up. The assists will go up, etc. When discussing these top "whatever" lists, you have to take into account talent, the amount of work they've put in, accomplishments, and team success. 
But again...in terms of just flat out god given ability...KD is #3 right now to me behind LBJ and Dwight.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by Clockin Dollars

KD is the truth. I may be a little biased, but I have him slightly over Wade for the 3rd best in the league
nerd.gif
Well, I'd have to say KD is top 5, not top 3.  I have to put Wade & Dirk above KD.  I think if you asked every GM in the league, they'd take Wade/Dirk over KD.

But all "top 3 lists" aside, agreed that KD is an absolute beast.  There are tons of scoring machines in the league in Melo, Bryant, etc...but no one is more efficient than KD. 

And he's still only 22?  Crazy....and straight scary.

Eh...its splitting hairs really once you get to that top 5. Its not like the MJ days where he was light years ahead of everyone in the league. It all comes to personal preference really, which is why I would take KD over Wade and Dirk. Plus i have my own issues with Dirk and why he isn't in my top 5

I continue to despise Clay Bennet for taking the Sonics and THIS kid from us...I remember him hitting a buzzer beater during his rookie season and screaming "I LIVE FOR THIS!"

I see we've moved on to Lebron vs Durants threads.

Kobes not even in the discussion anymore. Even Laker fans in here saying they want Durant now...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

He plays alot of minutes, takes a lot of shots, scores a lot of points he's nice, offensively I would still take Melo by a hair, but as a complete player I will go with Durant right now, every one has conveniently forgotten that Melo still has very little interest in playing defense he is better than he use to be but still not good, Durant on the other hand has made huge strides.
He's their best player of course KD is going to play a lot of minutes and take a lot of shots. He's also making a lot of them, so who cares? He's rebounding and putting up a few assists, which is fine considering he has capable guards on his team.

I just like that he doesn't dominate the ball to get his points like most scorers, nor does he "chase." I mean, he certainly can bring the ball up the court, 1-4 iso, pound the ball 10 times and take his man off the dribble, in the post, or whatever he wants to do but for the most part Brooks has him scoring on quick hitting type plays. Like the most common and successful one is just a basic play where he starts to post up, Nenad or Collison or Ibaka are at the elbow (where you have to respect them because all 3 will knock that down), then he curls off and gets an elbow to 17ft jumper off that pick. Easy money, quick. Then he'll get an offensive rebound and go right back up, or get a kickout pass off of a broken play.

Looking at the Thunder's contract situation too, it's very promising but none of the young core guys (KD, Jeff, Russell, James, Thabo) are ending soon and in fact we have team options on Harden, Westbrook, Maynor, and Serge through the 2012 season. So we will, at some point, be able to resign all of our guys provided they don't get big headed and still possibly bring in a big name free agent.

Back
Top Bottom