[[...Kanye West x Dwele x 'Power'...(FULL) vol. Mastered version is out. ]]

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Rawse isnt more marketable. C'mon dude is a
fat black ugly @$@+#. He just makes good music
and is more popular than both a the moment,
which is kinda sad.
ummm... more popular = more marketable... plus making good music... ross has a nice single out... the clipse and lupe are getting no radio play...

This song is awesome. Kanye is so consistent with his awesomeness. Truly one of the best musicians (rapping/producing) ever.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Rawse isnt more marketable. C'mon dude is a
fat black ugly @$@+#. He just makes good music
and is more popular than both a the moment,
which is kinda sad.
Marketable for men doesn't = looks. BIG was marketable. Young Jeezy is marketable. Its the way you carry yourself. Its a overused term but its mainly your swagger and how you carry yourself. Your style is also taken into account. Like Time said, Lupe just got lucky with Superstar. He won't have that success again regardless if he gets Pharell on the hook or Jay himself.

But what's sad about Rawse being more popular than Clipse and Lupe? Lupe okay. But the Clipse? Them dudes aren't gods in this %@@. They make pretty much the same music Rawse makes except with a little more lyrical content and worse production IMO.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

ross is more marketable than the clipse or lupe... also depends on the beat probably...

sad, but true
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Wait!. Lupe?! He's a bigger artist than Rick Ross though....
indifferent.gif

better =/= bigger

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

It was OK...honestly, I thought Stronger off of Graduation came harder the first time I heard it.....
When Stronger first dropped, I had it on replay for months
pimp.gif
Word, i had the first 30 sec snippet on repeat 
laugh.gif

I mean, Ross may get more radio play, but Lupe definitely has a more loyal and powerful fanbase. Dude routinely tours and sells out shows, whereas Ross doesn't even perform.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

I mean, Ross may get more radio play, but Lupe definitely has a more loyal and powerful fanbase. Dude routinely tours and sells out shows, whereas Ross doesn't even perform.
Lupe has the worst type of fanbase they will show up to his shows but download his album. He has that same fanbase the Clipse and Joe Buddens have. That's a terrible fanbase because in reality they aren't loyal at all.

ross is more marketable than the clipse or lupe... also depends on the beat probably...

sad, but true
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

lupe isnt marketable... he got lucky with superstar... that's all...

he cant even get his album out...
Sad, but true. Dude can demolish any beat, but that still isn't enough. Specially on this the state of hip hop. One can only hope dude has more radio friendly stuff for his upcoming album (if it ever gets a release date
ohwell.gif
), if he wants to sell a decent amount of records.

from my first play, i wasnt feeling it...
but that opinion is mostly based off the production.. which didnt blow me away

Lupe stays true to the art. The art will never die, while the popularity will. Keep that in mind when you even think of Nas and Jay. Nas's ain't mainstream, but his art is genius for the rest of his life. Jay on the other hand must force himself to stay relavant in pop terms hence why we got that crappy album.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

I really like the 2nd verse. But man, I'm in love with that breakdown.

Word...
That said... I love the track. Maybe because lyrics and message will always be > beat to me. And I got the point he was trying to get across...

That and the fact songs where I can envision music videos that coincide with them are some of my favorite songs... Def can do that with "Power".

And I;m one of the few people who liked 808s better than Graduation

sad, but true
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

lupe isnt marketable... he got lucky with superstar... that's all...

he cant even get his album out...

mad.gif
{
mad.gif
{
Damn You Atlantic... the only reason he's on tour is cause of them pushing back his release date.

This song is really nothing special, the way y'all we're hyping it I expected something big.. but I should of known the NT hype machine was at it again.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Lupe has the worst type of fanbase they will show up to his shows but download his album. He has that same fanbase the Clipse and Joe Buddens have. That's a terrible fanbase because in reality they aren't loyal at all.
Lupe is getting more money than Ross, still think that's a bad fanbase?

I still don't understand why people are dumping on Lupe like he wasn't an up and coming rapper on 'Touch The Sky', which was a single ...

it wasnt his first or 2nd single... those really drives the album sales... after that u can put out whatever...

nobody dumping on dude... he's just not who u get for a feature on ur main single...

Back
Top Bottom