5. Jigga that...- Tone
6. U don’t know- Just Blaze
7. Hola hovito- Timbo
10. Song Cry- Just Blaze
11. All I need- Bink
12. Renegade- Em
13. Momma love me- Bink
14. Breath Easy- Just Blaze

Some people I know thought Kanye produced the whole Blueprint Album because of how much Kanye talks about it:lol:

Kanye did his thing but my Favs from the album are Bink and Just blaze production

This album listed above without Kanye 4 songs is still a classic album. Kanye addition made this probably the GOAT rap album. I wish Timbo and Tone would have produced better songs and nobody would be able to discredit this piece of art

Last edited:
The irony here of course is that Jay made Kanye famous.
6ED1180C-3481-4342-B624-8602E8660EE4.gif

Bruh what?

Jay didnt even want to put Kanye on.

Dame made Kanye famous. This is well documented.

If it was up to Jay all Kanye would've ever been was a producer.
This is what makes it weirder that Kanye stayed loyal to Jay as oppose to Dame. But, I'm sure Jay had better connections to industry people so it may have been financial more beneficial for him.

This is what makes it weirder that Kanye stayed loyal to Jay as oppose to Dame. But, I'm sure Jay had better connections to industry people so it may have been financial more beneficial for him.
Financial and some connections, sure but Ye did it for clout.

That's why he a snake.

In about 10 years jay will be forgotten since his music is only on whack *** tidal.
Even now the new generation don’t give a rats *** about him or bey lol

that's one thing i don't think he's gonna anticipate... young people really don't give a eff bout hov.

Young people don't care about anyone from that generation. Nas dropped an album produced by Ye at the peak of Ye drama and no one still cared about Nas.

Jay-Z is 50 years old man. He's already viewed in legacy terms. His music being on Tidal isn't going to affect his legacy.

Young people don't care about anyone from that generation. Nas dropped an album produced by Ye at the peak of Ye drama and no one still cared about Nas.

Didn’t that album suck anyway?

I didn’t care about Eric B and Rakim when I was a kid...that just wasn’t my era. I wasn’t feeling that sound.

Hov is a legend but he won’t connect across multiple generations like Michael Jackson or anything.

And I agree with the sentiment that most of his canon being Tidal exclusive will eventually kneecap him in terms of connecting with today’s teens.

15 year olds obviously know who he is and are probably aware of his standing but if you ask them about some Hov deep cuts they probably won’t know what you’re talking about.

The curious teens might check Spotify and Apple Music to see what’s up and when they only find the compilation joints or whatever other scarse Jay Z material that those platforms have, they’ll most likely go back to Sheck Wes and Lil Baby.

Pac and BIG have been dead 20 years but the barrier to teens accessing their stuff is lower because they stream on all platforms.

Last edited:
Have you ever walked in the shadow of a giant?
Not only a client, the Presidito, hola, Hovito
The game gettin' foul so here's a free throw
I was always on the other side of the peephole
Then I dropped "Jesus Walks" now I'm on the steeple
And we know, "New Jack City" got to keep my brother
But to be number one I'mma beat my brother
On that "Diamonds" remix I swore I spazzed
Then my big brother came through and kicked my ***
Sibling rivalry, only I could see
It was the pride in me that was drivin' me

I didn’t care about Eric B and Rakim when I was a kid...that just wasn’t my era. I wasn’t feeling that sound

naw u buggin, i used to lovvvve eric b & rakim, run DMC, and NWA and their primes were after my formation...music lasted longer back then cuz ish had slower releases.

But by The Black Album, I was blacking out
Partyin' S.O.B.'s and we had packed a crowd
Big brother got his show up at Madison Square
And I'm like "Yeah, yeah, we gon' be there" but
Not only did I not get a chance to spit it
Carline told me I could buy two tickets
I guess big brother was thinkin' a little different
And kept little brother at bay, at a distance
But everything that I felt was more bogus
Only made me more focused, only wrote more potent
Only thing I wanna know is why I get looked over
I guess I'll understand when I get more older
Big brother saw me at the bottom of the totem
Now I'm on the top and everybody on the scrotum

I told Jay I did a song with Coldplay
Next thing I know he got a song with Coldplay
Back in my mind I'm like, "Damn, no way"
Translate, español: "No way, José"
Then I went and told Jay Brown
Shoulda known that was gonna come back around
Shoulda talked to you like a man, shoulda told you first
But I told somebody else and that's what made **** worse

I don’t get the whole “revitalized Jay Z’s career” narrative in a legal setting.

If you have contracts and are not being paid out accordingly, bust out the statements and get your money.

Claiming you revitalized a musicians career when they had a double platinum album and possibly their biggest single to date (“I Just Wanna Love U”) a year earlier is a bit absurd :lol:

As for how Jay is received by young people, I’m not sure the guy who made 4:44 or is fighting for prison reform cares. But that verse he did on the Meek album still made noise when it dropped.

Last edited:
Regardless of my personal opinions on the parties involved. This is legit sad as hell. The ROC as a whole has been fractured for a while now with all parties ****ting on each other publicly for years. Damn shame to one of the greatest collection of talent ever assembled when it came to this rap ****

happened to everyone tbh

wu-tang had their disputes, i think there is an ongoing one with U-God right now wylin out. but it's been a problem for a while now that clan members have spoken out about

dipset broke up a few times, ****'ll never be the same

g-unit just broke up, again

if i remember correctly, bomshot caused boot camp click to have a fall out with each other

state property been finito

all these groups have internal problems and are all ruined

1. The Rulers back-Bink
4. Girls Girls- Just blaze
5. Jigga that...- Tone
6. U don’t know- Just Blaze
7. Hola hovito- Timbo
10. Song Cry- Just Blaze
11. All I need- Bink
12. Renegade- Em
13. Momma love me- Bink
14. Breath Easy- Just Blaze

Some people I know thought Kanye produced the whole Blueprint Album because of how much Kanye talks about it:lol:

Kanye did his thing but my Favs from the album are Bink and Just blaze production

This album listed above without Kanye 4 songs is still a classic album. Kanye addition made this probably the GOAT rap album. I wish Timbo and Tone would have produced better songs and nobody would be able to discredit this piece of art

funny how bink stopped working with hov cuz hov ****** bink's baby momma

Free from 106 n park

happened to everyone tbh

wu-tang had their disputes, i think there is an ongoing one with U-God right now wylin out. but it's been a problem for a while now that clan members have spoken out about

if i remember correctly, bomshot caused boot camp click to have a fall out with each other

Lox, CNN, still going and never had any issues.

CNN had issues lmao. they werent ****ing with each other for a minute, but they cool now. u right bout LOX tho.

d-block broke up thanks to j hood but it sounded like he was getting robbed by the lox

I have to look into CNN beef but I remember Mobb Deep having issues.

happened to everyone tbh

You know whats the saddest part of this post? State Property and Dipset were apart of Roc-A-Fella. Their roster was crazy
Lox, CNN, still going and never had any issues.
CNN had issues, Nore mentioned it numerous times on drink champs. Spoke on how they did a small tour and wouldnt even speak to each other before or after shows

Back
Top Bottom