Kanye West Snubbed by Quincy Jones

MASSIVE difference between WRITING music and having musicians play over your SAMPLE...

MASSIVE difference between WRITING music and having musicians play over your SAMPLE...

Im sorry but its ridiculous comparing current musicians/artists to legends of the past.
Ye is my dude, but comparing him to Quincy Jones is reaching a bit, don't you think?
ohwell.gif

Im sorry but its ridiculous comparing current musicians/artists to legends of the past.
Ye is my dude, but comparing him to Quincy Jones is reaching a bit, don't you think?
ohwell.gif

There should be no comparison between Quincy Jones and Kanye West at all.  If you don't or can't undestand that then you simply don't understand music.  Kanye West should even dare be mentioned with Quincy Jones, whether jokingly or seriously. 

Gotta co-sign Quincy here. I laugh when people refer to Kanye as a musical genius. He's a mediocre rapper and musician.
100% Truth.

There should be no comparison between Quincy Jones and Kanye West at all.  If you don't or can't undestand that then you simply don't understand music.  Kanye West should even dare be mentioned with Quincy Jones, whether jokingly or seriously. 

Gotta co-sign Quincy here. I laugh when people refer to Kanye as a musical genius. He's a mediocre rapper and musician.
100% Truth.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Exactly. These younger kids have absolutely no clue about anything.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Exactly. These younger kids have absolutely no clue about anything.

First NERD and the Beatles. Then Kid Cudi and Bob Marley. Now Kanye and Quincy?

Ay Maria made de Jesus...Me rindo, bola de burros!

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

basedgod DAMN, HOW did i miss that one?????!!!!! that was SERIOUSLY typed in a thread man??? and i'm a HUGE n*e*r*d fan but... seriously????

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

basedgod DAMN, HOW did i miss that one?????!!!!! that was SERIOUSLY typed in a thread man??? and i'm a HUGE n*e*r*d fan but... seriously????

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by 0cks

Outside of Thriller and Rashida dude has only produced forgettable trash
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I agree with Quincy. Two different minsets. Quincy makes the samples Kanye would use.

I concur, can Ye' make a whole album without using any samples?
grin.gif
  He is a mediocre rapper, with an amazing ear for music. Ye' is a great producer but can't make good beats without samples.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by 0cks

Outside of Thriller and Rashida dude has only produced forgettable trash
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I agree with Quincy. Two different minsets. Quincy makes the samples Kanye would use.

I concur, can Ye' make a whole album without using any samples?
grin.gif
  He is a mediocre rapper, with an amazing ear for music. Ye' is a great producer but can't make good beats without samples.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Quincy Jones is a producing legend however I think he is downplaying Kanye's production skills a ton by saying he is just " a rapper". Kanye was known for his accomplishments in production before he ever was a recording artist.

Is Kanye on the level of Quincy Jones talent wise? No he isnt. But is he as demanded as Mr. Jones once was for his production talent? Yes. That was the question that was asked as far as similarity which Jones chose not to answer here. I understand Quicny may not want someone else to be compared to his entire body of work which is fair but he should have gotten his facts straight before criticizing Kanye for just being a rapper and devaluing his accomplishments and impact as a producer.

I honestly won't say that Quincy is just mad here but more of a case of being severely misinformed.

I agree 100% on this... First thing I thought when reading Quincy's response was that he didnt even answer the damn question.

and lets not forget... Rashida
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Quincy Jones is a producing legend however I think he is downplaying Kanye's production skills a ton by saying he is just " a rapper". Kanye was known for his accomplishments in production before he ever was a recording artist.

Is Kanye on the level of Quincy Jones talent wise? No he isnt. But is he as demanded as Mr. Jones once was for his production talent? Yes. That was the question that was asked as far as similarity which Jones chose not to answer here. I understand Quicny may not want someone else to be compared to his entire body of work which is fair but he should have gotten his facts straight before criticizing Kanye for just being a rapper and devaluing his accomplishments and impact as a producer.

I honestly won't say that Quincy is just mad here but more of a case of being severely misinformed.

I agree 100% on this... First thing I thought when reading Quincy's response was that he didnt even answer the damn question.

and lets not forget... Rashida
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom