Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

One potential positive would be IF (and I mean the biggest of IF's) Ye can lead to the stopping of use of the N-Word, then all of this may actually have some good. It's a vicious cycle of we call ourselves the N-Word and that's how many ethnicities still look at us. We think it's a term of power or endearment and these other races still out here see us as ignorant blacks.

We can't expect the rest of the world to respect us if we don't respect ourselves. I'll admit, I was part of the "we took it back" crowd for years, but now I know much better. Don't get me wrong, it's hard to stop using that word, but it has to start with us.

Just some wishful thinking because I know that we won't unite to abolish the use of the word the way LGBT+, Jewish, and other ethnicities/races have, but it would be nice.

Now the word “reta**ed” is blacklisted and frowned upon when it has been widely and commonly used for as long as I can remember. Lol.

What a joke “woke” America has become! No wonder other countries think we’re a laughing stock of the world.

Most other countries are more woke than America. Have you ever used ur passport?

Germany actually has hate speech laws in effect.

England you can go to jail for insulting the crown

Also their slander laws horrible they can sue you for just possibly saying negative comments about rich people.

Most American takes are that all I know is America and no idea how the world works.

Of course he would NEVER leave this great land. He was born here, his father was born here, his father was born here and his father and his fa…..anyway why would leave??

The conservative right basically simplified “woke” = “liberal”. Further proof they have no idea what the **** is going on. The act that “anti-woke” is a thing. Listen to the words you are saying. The opposite of woke is sleep fool! :lol:

Now the word “reta**ed” is blacklisted and frowned upon when it has been widely and commonly used for as long as I can remember. Lol.

What a joke “woke” America has become! No wonder other countries think we’re a laughing stock of the world.
cry

people like you have felt too safe using certain words (and subsequently, actions) to denigrate others who've been placed on the fringes exactly by suckers like you.

the only people who use "woke" these days use it as a pejorative to cry about how badly racist and abusive they wish to remain. you're part of that low-level population

The conservative right basically simplified “woke” = “liberal”. Further proof they have no idea what the **** is going on. The act that “anti-woke” is a thing. Listen to the words you are saying. The opposite of woke is sleep fool! :lol:

The problem - and I've said it many times here - is that folks who know don't actively counter the recontextualization of such words and expressions. They try to reason with the fascists when they don't share the same value system:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
J.P. Sartre.

Language is a weapon, and fascists/authoritarians have mastered the art of wielding it. And it's not reason that works with them; it's force.

I hate what the word WOKE has becomes as well
I remember when dudes called Netherrealm studios (the company that make Mortal Kombat ) woke because they didn’t have damn near naked woman characters in a video games

Dudes swear they were being attack :lol::lol:

Boohoo you can't use a word that offends mentally disabled people. St fu T traceur44 .
Right? When I learned that that word made some people feel ******, I felt like a complete ******* for having used it even when I didn't know. Same with the F word used as a slur against LGBTQ+ folks. 15 years ago I used to use it just joking with friends, like "Give me that F&@@)T lol". I threw it around as freely as the word *****. Then I heard someone break down the origin and it was a "Oh wait what?" moment and I've literally not used the word since. The fact that some people KNOW and STILL use those words blows me away. Like they literally do not give the slightest **** about anyone but themselves. Yet they'll say they're huge Christians and everyone should be like Jesus and I'm left just asking what the ****?

Right? When I learned that that word made some people feel ****ty, I felt like a complete ******* for having used it even when I didn't know. Same with the F word used as a slur against LGBTQ+ folks. 15 years ago I used to use it just joking with friends, like "Give me that F&@@)T lol". I threw it around as freely as the word *****. Then I heard someone break down the origin and it was a "Oh wait what?" moment and I've literally not used the word since. The fact that some people KNOW and STILL use those words blows me away. Like they literally do not give the slightest **** about anyone but themselves. Yet they'll say they're huge Christians and everyone should be like Jesus and I'm left just asking what the ****?

Just read this story a few days ago and thought of it now.

I don’t use any slurs even around friends, I just find it ignorant and stupid when people do.

Back
Top Bottom