kanye west - home vs. homecoming

which version do yall like better??

kanye west the college dropout ft. john legend - home
or
kanye west the graduate ft. chris martin - homcoming

i'm feeling more of the john legend version for this one..
i like john legend more than chris martin

I'm digging both. I mean "Home" was one of my favourite 'Ye tracks at one point.

But, something about that beat for Homecoming just grabs my attention so much more.

home is lightyears ahead of homecoming to me... waaaaaay more soulful... i cant smoke to homecoming...

It's not like Homecoming isn't bad, it's just that Home is amazing.
I'm happy at least ONE gets to be a single.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by doyung9

yeah. I'm tired of people saying the original is better, but having no reason other than, it's the original.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
other than it being original... How about the fact that John Legend sounds 1000x's better singing his chorus than that melodramatic +#%! Chris sung? OR that the original beat was much more soulful which actually fit Chicago and the meaning of the song itself?

I have nothing against Chris Martin, I'm actually a fan of his... But being from Chicago, I can say that when I was away at school and I played the original I could actually close my eyes as it was playing and see my hometown. I Can't Do That With This Version. Not to mention John Legend GOIN IN!!!! at the end of the song instead of the chorus just repeating itself.... Its to the point that if I didn't know that John Legend wasn't from Chicago I would've swore he was with the ammount of feeling emotion he put into that song.

How's that for a reason?

Not even close Home>>>>>>>>__________

Back when Ye sounded real hungry
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Home is waaaay better than Homecoming.

More soulful, and John Legend is a better fit for it as well.

Its to the point that if I didn't know that John Legend wasn't from Chicago I would've swore he was with the ammount of feeling emotion he put into that song.

Exactly. Dude just killed it at the end.

I feel like there was more passion on the original than the one on Graduation.

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

Home is waaaay better than Homecoming.

More soulful, and John Legend is a better fit for it as well.

Its to the point that if I didn't know that John Legend wasn't from Chicago I would've swore he was with the ammount of feeling emotion he put into that song.

Exactly. Dude just killed it at the end.

I feel like there was more passion on the original than the one on Graduation.

There are things I like about both tracks, I can't say which I like better than the other because they are both good.

The slower more mellow feel of Home is smooth, but the beat in Homecoming is like something I can't really describe, but it's
pimp.gif

Yes Home is the original, and it is great, but homecoming is just as good imo. If the songs had come out in reverse order would your opinion be the same? Forme, I think that's the question you have to ask.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

There are things I like about both tracks, I can't say which I like better than the other because they are both good.

The slower more mellow feel of Home is smooth, but the beat in Homecoming is like something I can't really describe, but it's
pimp.gif

Yes Home is the original, and it is great, but homecoming is just as good imo. If the songs had come out in reverse order would your opinion be the same? For me, I think that's the question you have to ask.

For me the answer is yes. I just am not feeling the beat of Homecoming, nor ol' boy singing on the hook. And if Home was to be released afterHomecoming then that would've meant to me that they realized that Homecoming was wack and that's why they went and re-did it.......... Maybe that wasthe feeling that Kanye was had..... I don't know, that's something to think about.

HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My homie called me like, 'What up man?', Not from Florida but, 'What up Fam?'"

you guys know that when Kanye wrote the song he originally had Chris Martin (and other similar) artists in mind. He never intended for home to be the finalversion.

That's why it didnt make the cut...

Originally Posted by Nako XL

you guys know that when Kanye wrote the song he originally had Chris Martin (and other similar) artists in mind. He never intended for home to be the final version.

i dont believe that...

Home is FAR better imo. it's SO soulful and is quite heartfelt; I can hear the hunger in that track. It would have fit perfectly on College Dropout, notreally sure why he left it off; it's better than at least 3 songs on there. Homecoming is a decent song, but it's just empty to me.

you guys know that when Kanye wrote the song he originally had Chris Martin (and other similar) artists in mind. He never intended for home to be the final version.

Nah ... chill .

'Home' was made damn near 6 years ago . What the hell you talking about 'originally' for ?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IRAPTHOUGH

Nah ... chill .

'Home' was made damn near 6 years ago . What the hell you talking about 'originally' for ?
laugh.gif

exactly
laugh.gif

Home... no doubt about it.

I like Homecoming, but it's a completely different song... John Legend just brings the emotion and feeling to it, plus the beat is one of my favorites.

Home = soulful, real, down to earth type music

Homecoming = epic, bigtime music

Like dude said, they're completely different songs even though they've got the same words. Personally, both are appreciated for different reasons

Back
Top Bottom