kanye west - home vs. homecoming

Originally Posted by IRAPTHOUGH

Originally Posted by Nako XL

you guys know that when Kanye wrote the song he originally had Chris Martin (and other similar) artists in mind. He never intended for home to be the final version.

That's why it didnt make the cut...

Nah ... chill .

'Home' was made damn near 6 years ago . What the hell you talking about 'originally' for ?
laugh.gif

Kanye said he worked with/recorded the vocals for Homecoming with Martin years ago... If I recall right, it was in a preview for Late Registration and hetalked about working with a lot of huge artists including Madonna as well as Chris Martin on the new (last) Coldplay album, "X&Y" and saidthey'd done a song together that he wanted to use for his upcoming album. I own X&Y, and there is no Kanye on it. I don't know if theinstrumental was what it is now when they did it, but it makes sense that "Homecoming"is the song he was referring to.

Also before Graduation came out and he was asked about "Homecoming" he was cited as saying it had been in the works for a long time and he hadalways envisioned working with Martin on a song like that.
I cant find the interview so i realize its kinda pointless typing all that up, and even if i didfind the interview it doesn't say "chris martin was meant to be on this song from the start, not Legend, but I think that was what Kanye was trying toimply. whether its true or not...

before i ever even heard home i always thought thats how homecoming should have been done. so i was more than happy to finally hear it. Home>homecoming

Back
Top Bottom