Just watched City of God

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I must be the only person on here that didn't think it was that good. A lot of you talk like it was one of the best movies you've ever seen; I can't even remotely agree with that.

that's how I felt first time I saw it...I was really excited to see it but watched it and
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Originally Posted by Jesseg8

You guys got any other good foreign films to watch??? i watched Slumdog millionaire last night and that was a very well done movie
If you wanna see Monica Bellucci get brutally raped and watch a dude get his face caved in by a fire extinguisher then I'd suggest Irreversible.
good looks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

You guys got any other good foreign films to watch??? i watched Slumdog millionaire last night and that was a very well done movie

If you wanna see Monica Bellucci get brutally raped and watch a dude get his face caved in by a fire extinguisher then I'd suggest Irreversible.
that movie was so disgusting. only movie to make me throw up a little. the fire extinguisher was the worst scene, dude had his arm broken, andhis friend proceeded to bash the rapists face in like 20x, you can see the skull crushing and the sound effects
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

maria full of grace
SALO lulz
old boy [i heard]

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

classic movie u know when u watching a great foreign film when the plot is so good u forget ur reading subtitles

Halfway through the movie, I actually forgot I was reading subtitles. Didn't even realize it till after the movie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I must be the only person on here that didn't think it was that good. A lot of you talk like it was one of the best movies you've ever seen; I can't even remotely agree with that.

- what movie do you think are that good then?

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

a question though, is City of Men related to this movie at all?
yeah .. thats the sequel ..

- i take it you've never seen city of men the movie, or the series because it's not a sequel.
- matter of fact i know City of God was based off real events, i dont think City of Men was at all.

You guys got any other good foreign films to watch???
amores perros (shoutout to mike vick)

movie is dope though

smh @ you waiting this long to see it.

Anyways, its one of my favorite movies. The honest, real look into the gritty Brazilian underworld and slums was riveting.

youngbalr wrote:
Good Movie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anybody catch the sequel, and was it any good?

-
laugh.gif

- i recommend watching the series first. it helps with getting familiar with the characters.

Originally Posted by mtg

You guys got any other good foreign films to watch???
amores perros (shoutout to mike vick)
was that the movie with the gay scene?
or was that y tu mama tambien?
in either case the film was
grin.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions! Got anymore? I am starting to watch older classics that i haven't seen and foreign films.... finding all these new actionmovies are all very similar and boring..

are these foreign movies you guys are recommending similar to city of god or what are they about?

Back
Top Bottom