Just saw The Town Vol. LATEPASS

Right when I saw the trailer, I automatically assumed this flick was gonna be a piece of garbage.... My gf convinced me to watch it with her a few weeks ago and boy was I wrong. This movie was great. I would give it a solid 7 maybe 8 outta 10.
pimp.gif

Loved it.

I'm a bit biased though, since heist films are one of my favorite types of stories.

But no way would it deserve a nomination for Best Picture.

how did the book end?

Also i hated how the movie ended. Felt like there was something missing.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Can someone care to spill the beans on how the book ends?
Spoiler [+]
-Gloansy lives
-James Coughlin commits suicide by detonating multiple grenades on himself
-Desmond (much more fleshed out in book) lives after firing towards the police (though is shot multiple times).  Pulling them away and saving them from the grenades James detonates.
- Doug is mortaly wounded while killing Fergie.  He goes to Claire's house bleeding to death where he confeses his love and how they should move away together.  However he realizes she had never intended to leave with him.  Frawley shows up and Doug dies looking into Claire's eyes.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Can someone care to spill the beans on how the book ends?
Spoiler [+]
-Gloansy lives
-James Coughlin commits suicide by detonating multiple grenades on himself
-Desmond (much more fleshed out in book) lives after firing towards the police (though is shot multiple times).  Pulling them away and saving them from the grenades James detonates.
- Doug is mortaly wounded while killing Fergie.  He goes to Claire's house bleeding to death where he confeses his love and how they should move away together.  However he realizes she had never intended to leave with him.  Frawley shows up and Doug dies looking into Claire's eyes.
That summary looks so familiar...haha
The book ending is far more "real world" which gives it an emotional pull that I didn't get from the fairytale movie ending.

I didn't have any expectations going into the movie but I came out surprised. Definitely one of the high notes of last year.

Yes I know movie came out last decade, never got a chance to watch it till tonight, and up until this point I thought Inception was the best movie out of 2010, but I think The Town took it IMO....idk if it was just me but my heart was racing in every heist, I felt like I was running with them, amazing tragic movie, my favorite part was Affleck running in the flower shop and shooting homie in the $$@@@# ear.Raise your hand if you appreciate this movie, and I apologize for being late.

Yeah I get you. Especially when Affleck was eating dinner with the girl then his homie with the tattoo shows up out of nowhere @#$# was intense cause you were just praying that the girl didn't see the tat 
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
I was mad as @#$# when dude couldn't kill the cop at the end though. Like son you're on top of a car, you have a clear shot at dude who is CRAWLING 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

It was ok. No way it is better than or even close to Inception. Inception had an amazing soundtrack, cinematography, and original story.

The love story between Aflack(sp?) and the woman felt forced. They just didn't seem to have good on screen chemistry. Also was too much like Set it Off.

loved it when i first watched..then bought the dvd and noticed it wasnt that great

Back
Top Bottom