Just Graduated College and My Parents Don't Think I should Work.

I came in here to tell you to get a damn job 
grin.gif

Honestly if I was in your position I would prolly be stalling too tho 
roll.gif

You're in a pretty good situation IMO with your parents not really putting any pressure on you to get out, it's up to you to take advantage of it tho bruh

Since it doesn't seem like you're hurting for money I would at the least try to get an internship or something. Employers love people who are willing to work for free in exchange for experience plus some companies are gonna grill you about any dead spots in your resume.

Do you know what you wanna do with your degree or what field you plan to eventually go into?

Last edited:
Take advantage of the situation but start looking for a job asap .....get it together bro

Start looking, but its good there's no pressure from

Your household.

How long do you want to live with moms is the real question!

this..

its cool that your parents support you and dont pressure you but you should be either stacking paper or looking

**** id chill for a while :lol: :lol:

At the same time, Gotta make your own paper though.

How much they breaking u off per week though

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
I cut the grass weekly and keep the dishes washed daily. My pops gives me about 150-200 and my mom fills my truck up every Sunday or Monday. My parents always say I'm an asset to the householdbut I feel like a bum; especially since my girlfriend is well into her career.

if you and your gf got something serious get your own spot with her

Last edited:
Can't live off your parents forever.

Earning and spending your own hard earned money is a beautiful thing. Don't be a leech.

I still wake up fairly early; 9:30 - 10; granted I slept in today. I cut the grass or do some chores, check my email, browse jobs/internet, eat, roll one, talk to my parents (Both work from home). By 1:30 my gf usually calls me on her break to see if we can meet up or chill at the crib when she gets off. If she comes over my pops buys a bottle and we watch movies and drink. On the weekends If I'm not out of town helping my dad with some repairs on one of the properties, I usually chill with my gf and her parents.
Get a job. Get your own and don't depend on what your parents have. The moment your girl meets some dude who is furthering his career and got his own, you out of the picture.

The life you have is the one I am glad I didn't have but the one I hope I will have for my kids

this..

its cool that your parents support you and dont pressure you but you should be either stacking paper or looking

Worst advice posted so far. Do not, I repeat DO NOT live with a women until your ready to get married!

this..

Worst advice posted so far. Do not, I repeat DO NOT live with a women until your ready to get married!

false. why would you marry a girl before you even lived with her?

well damb.

Okay_guy.jpg

this..

was thinkin the same thing too :lol:

Last edited:
QFT Keep your own places until yall are married. If they want to come over and spend a night, no problem, but to share a space before y'all are married is not a good idea imo.

QFT Keep your own places until yall are married. If they want to come over and spend a night, no problem, but to share a space before y'all are married is not a good idea imo.

Horse before the carriage bruh. Personal experience as well as seeing happen to waaaay to many young dumb and in love relationships.

y'all don't know just how many people move in and aren't married and nothing too bad happens.

sure there's good and bad cases of every situation, but both of my brothers have been living w/ their girls forever and only one's getting married soon.

y'all be on here knowing NOTHING about people's lives, yet giving them advice based on your opinion.

this is why i have never had a thread asking for advice.

a LOT of people in today's America aren't even getting married because they don't believe in making it legal, but still live w/ their significant others.

gotta get out of that bubble y'all appear to luive in

Last edited:
y'all don't know just how many people move in and aren't married and nothing too bad happens.

sure there's good and bad cases of every situation, but both of my brothers have been living w/ their girls forever and only one's getting married soon.

y'all be on here knowing NOTHING about people's lives, yet giving them advice based on your opinion.

this is why i have never had a thread asking for advice.

a LOT of people in today's America aren't even getting married because they don't believe in making it legal, but still live w/ their significant others.

gotta get out of that bubble y'all appear to luive in

True. But it's a huge risk IMO. I think both parties have to very mature tho. Dude still lets his mom dictate his life and he's a college grad. Hell he's still getting allowance for basic household chores. That's shows lack of maturity no matter how you slice it.

Dont know if you've said how old you are but if you're in your early 20s you kinda got a few years I guess

Since your folks are into real estate try to see if they'll help you get your own property so you can have your own passive income

Horse before the carriage bruh. Personal experience as well as seeing happen to waaaay to many young dumb and in love relationships.

better off having it go bad before the marriage then after. how you know you want to spend forever with a girl just from hanging out and having sleep overs?

True. But it's a huge risk IMO. I think both parties have to very mature tho. Dude still lets his mom dictate his life and he's a college grad. Hell he's still getting allowance for basic household chores. That's shows lack of maturity no matter how you slice it.

no i get you. HE should probably not move in w/ his girl.

i'm just saying the ENTIRE idea isn't bad. it's actually not even uncommon.

the information we would need to make that decision for someone is usually not given on internet forums,

but on this case HERE, i agree w/ you. that's probably the least of his worries anyway. :lol:

I cut the grass weekly and keep the dishes washed daily. My pops gives me about 150-200 and my mom fills my truck up every Sunday or Monday. My parents always say I'm an asset to the household but I feel like a bum; especially since my girlfriend is well into her career.
Your parents are setting you up for failure
Pretty much.  My mom is guilty of similar behavior. At this point her offering (insisting, really) that she cover some of my expenses is unacceptable to me.  I feel bad enough living in her house rent free until I finish nursing school. I know she's trying to look out for me, but at this point it's hurting more than it's helping.  Just makes me feel like a little kid. 
mean.gif

You NTers are lucky. Moms got me paying household bills while i pay for school straight cash. It's rough out chea.

Pretty much.  My mom is guilty of similar behavior. At this point her offering (insisting, really) that she cover some of my expenses is unacceptable to me.  I feel bad enough living in her house rent free until I finish nursing school. I know she's trying to look out for me, but at this point it's hurting more than it's helping.  Just makes me feel like a little kid. :smh:

How much money will you owe in loans once you're done with school?

Back
Top Bottom