JUST GOT CAUGHT CHEATING FOR THE FIRST TIME UPDATE ON PAGE 11

OP is probably on a 5 day drinking binge
ohwell.gif

a lot of universities have a 3 strike system.. some others have a zero tolerance.

you should really look up the honor code for your specific institution. it will help you sleep at night.

I got a letter from the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs in the mail.
It states:

Dear John B******* T********,

It has been alleged that you violated the Student Conduct Code of the California State University in that you were caught cheating while taking the second mid-term exam in PHIL 100 during Fall 2011. This constitutes a violation of Section 41301 (b)(A) of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. In accordance with the University's disciplinary procedures, you are requested to meet with me to provide your explanation of the alleged misconduct. An appointment for this purpose has been scheduled for 11:00AM on Tuesday, November 15, 2011, in University Hall, Suite 310. You may be accompanied by an observer/advisor; however, this individual may not be an attorney unless you are currently subject to criminal proceedings based on the same misconduct as described above.

If it is determined that the allegation has merit, appropriate action will be taken. If agreement cannot be reached, formal disciplinary action may be initiated.

Should you require other arrangements regarding the appointment stated above, or if you have questions regarding these proceedings, you may contact my office at (818)***-****. Failure to attend the scheduled appointment may result in the initiation of formal disciplinary action.

What should I do? It states "If it is determined that the allegation has merit, appropriate action will be taken." How should I go about the proceedings?

Last year during one of my finals, the Frat kid next to me had his iPod touch out the whole time.

He would read the question, then check his iPod for the study guide.

He didn't get caught and I still see him on campus.

I didn't like him either - almost wanted to tell the professor (which I was pretty cool with).

No offense, I hope you get what you deserve.
Nothing pisses me off more than someone bragging about their 4.0 when they've cheated in every class to make it there.
Or the ones who drink all the time and just cheat on the tests to pass
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Last year during one of my finals, the Frat kid next to me had his iPod touch out the whole time.

I didn't like him either - almost wanted to tell the professor (which I was pretty cool with).
really guy? really? glad you didn't. no one likes a tattletale. would this have got you brownie points?
i don't condone cheating but i also don't believe in ratting someone else out

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

really guy? really? glad you didn't. no one likes a tattletale. would this have got you brownie points?
i don't condone cheating but i also don't believe in ratting someone else out
That's exactly why I didn't do it. 

son....

don't go to that meeting. nothing good can come from it.

burn your house down, and say that you never received a letter/e-mail if they say they sent you one.

Just admit you were wrong bro, and hopefully they will just fall you in the class and give you a chance

You cheated in Philosophy 100--a basic level introductory course? 
You're a loser, buddy.

Cheer up though, because I doubt you'll get kicked out. The State of California needs your tuition money to pay its bills so you will likely live to cheat another day.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

You're a loser, buddy.

Cheer up though, because I doubt you'll get kicked out. The State of California needs your tuition money to pay its bills so you will likely live to cheat another day.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Philosophy is easy as hell too. I'm taking a philosophy intro course as well and it's a lecture class that meets twice a week that i only attend half the time and still got a 90 on the test. Highest grade was a 93. I ain't even mad though

An appointment for this purpose has been scheduled for 11:00AM on Tuesday, November 15, 2011, in University Hall, Suite 310. You may be accompanied by an observer/advisor; however, this individual may not be an attorney unless you are currently subject to criminal proceedings based on the same misconduct as described above.

Wonder why you can't have an attorney?  I'd bring one anyway.

You dont need an attorney. Yall ever been caught on anything?damn
laugh.gif

The fact of the matter is if they were gonna kick you out, they woulda already done it.

Your best bet is to go in and be completely sincere and tell the truth. Tell him how you cheated, tell him why. You didnt study, gotta keep the gpa up or else blah blah blah

But its gotta be sincere. You are NOT the 1st person who's been caught and you arent the last. The Dean has heard every story in the books. So dont go in there lying your +$# off. Youre obviously trippin which is a good sign, and he'll see that. If you go in there gangster like actin like it aint no thang rip, its a big school they could care less. But if youre genuine youll be straight.

That @!$$ will be on your books youre whole college career tho so I highly suggest you find a better way to pass tests. Like, maybe, studying
laugh.gif

Yooo StayLurkin i see the Utes Avy
pimp.gif
used to be my school you go there?

Originally Posted by JT AIR JT

What should I do? It states "If it is determined that the allegation has merit, appropriate action will be taken." How should I go about the proceedings?

Just say that you've been stressed out and made a stupid decision.  Best case is they just give you a 0 on the midterm and leave it at that, so you should try to come to an agreement with them.  You should also say that you're record has been clean thus far and it won't happen again.

Originally Posted by Supremacy

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

You're a loser, buddy.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Philosophy is easy as hell too. I'm taking a philosophy intro course as well and it's a lecture class that meets twice a week that i only attend half the time and still got a 90 on the test. Highest grade was a 93. I ain't even mad though
Who cares how easy it is at your institution, Philosophy is fu**in' lame and a huge waste of time if you're not majoring in something that pertains to that field.

Back
Top Bottom