Jose Bautista...

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Osh's narcissism puts mine to shame.
laugh.gif

I'm of the opinion that everybody acts like this on the internet, I just make no attempt to hide it.
Any position I feel strongly enough to take, I operate from a position of righteousness, that is to say, not only am I correct but all who disagree with me are sinful and their only hope for salvation is to accept me as there lord a savoir.
roll.gif

But seriously I'm done with topic, no point arguing when you refuse to question common knowledge beliefs you hold so dear.

SMFH dude hit as many HR's this weekend at Target Field as Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau have combined to hit at Target Field since it opened last season.

SMFH dude hit as many HR's this weekend at Target Field as Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau have combined to hit at Target Field since it opened last season.

Crazy stat: Joe Mauer & Justin Morneau combine for 5 HRs at Target Field in 120 games career. Jose Bautista has 7 HRs in 5 career games in the same park.
edit: wow ryguy posted the same stat, but i thought bautista hit MORE

Crazy stat: Joe Mauer & Justin Morneau combine for 5 HRs at Target Field in 120 games career. Jose Bautista has 7 HRs in 5 career games in the same park.
edit: wow ryguy posted the same stat, but i thought bautista hit MORE

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

just imagine Bautista playing in Colorado for 81 games.

I'm confident he'd surpass Bonds' single season HR record 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

dude is hitting balls opposite field too this year unlike last year, and the way that ball carries in colorado is ridiculous

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

just imagine Bautista playing in Colorado for 81 games.

I'm confident he'd surpass Bonds' single season HR record 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

dude is hitting balls opposite field too this year unlike last year, and the way that ball carries in colorado is ridiculous

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm shocked at AMP's argument
laugh.gif
you really went out there man, it just sounds like you don't or never will believe anyone can cleanly do something in MLB.

Bautista didn't just come out of nowhere, he bounced around from a few teams in 04 and had only THREE full season in Pittsburgh. It's not like he's a player with a ton of years experience. Dwayne Murphy and Cito Gaston began working and tinkering with his swing in 2008 and it led to a breakout in September of 2009.

Look at the steroid era, the averages around the league were through the roof. So you mean that you really believe that Bautista is the one player who has found the magical substance that no one else has? I doubt that. It's easy nowadays to jump out and say "100% certain he's a user" before than looking at the whole argument.
Eh, I think most (if not all) of what you're saying is true but MLB players really don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Even during the steroid era, we would hear stories similar to someone "working and tinkering with their swing" to explain why they were hitting 50+ homeruns. We would hear about Clemens and his legendary off season workout routine. Even hear people say stuff like PEDs don't make your vision at the plate better (even though they do and it's irrelevant). I don't think everyone that has a good season is guilty but considering a lot of PEDs are undetectable and most of these guys didn't really get caught, it's hard to not look at Bautista and be like 
eyes.gif
Personally, knowing the backlash, I'd like to think he's clean but I wouldn't be surprised either way. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm shocked at AMP's argument
laugh.gif
you really went out there man, it just sounds like you don't or never will believe anyone can cleanly do something in MLB.

Bautista didn't just come out of nowhere, he bounced around from a few teams in 04 and had only THREE full season in Pittsburgh. It's not like he's a player with a ton of years experience. Dwayne Murphy and Cito Gaston began working and tinkering with his swing in 2008 and it led to a breakout in September of 2009.

Look at the steroid era, the averages around the league were through the roof. So you mean that you really believe that Bautista is the one player who has found the magical substance that no one else has? I doubt that. It's easy nowadays to jump out and say "100% certain he's a user" before than looking at the whole argument.
Eh, I think most (if not all) of what you're saying is true but MLB players really don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Even during the steroid era, we would hear stories similar to someone "working and tinkering with their swing" to explain why they were hitting 50+ homeruns. We would hear about Clemens and his legendary off season workout routine. Even hear people say stuff like PEDs don't make your vision at the plate better (even though they do and it's irrelevant). I don't think everyone that has a good season is guilty but considering a lot of PEDs are undetectable and most of these guys didn't really get caught, it's hard to not look at Bautista and be like 
eyes.gif
Personally, knowing the backlash, I'd like to think he's clean but I wouldn't be surprised either way. 

people just wanna hate
pimp.gif
the guys play well.

i highly doubt he's on steroids. last year he started hitting bombs AFTER he changed his swing (sorry if mentioned, not gonna read 5 pages of "steroids").

people just wanna hate
pimp.gif
the guys play well.

i highly doubt he's on steroids. last year he started hitting bombs AFTER he changed his swing (sorry if mentioned, not gonna read 5 pages of "steroids").

I was skeptical of resigning him for such a hefty amount but that deal is looking more and more like a steal with each passing day. Actually that contract could easily be dealt if Bautista does in fact decline (like he was expected to this season) in the next 4 years.

Hopefully dude can keep it up for a few more years because we're gonna need this kind of production if we want to compete for a playoff spot in the next 2-3 years.

BTW, I'm still upset we traded Marcum. Although he's injury prone I think he's an under-rated pitcher.

I was skeptical of resigning him for such a hefty amount but that deal is looking more and more like a steal with each passing day. Actually that contract could easily be dealt if Bautista does in fact decline (like he was expected to this season) in the next 4 years.

Hopefully dude can keep it up for a few more years because we're gonna need this kind of production if we want to compete for a playoff spot in the next 2-3 years.

BTW, I'm still upset we traded Marcum. Although he's injury prone I think he's an under-rated pitcher.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dude we traded for Brett Lawries is hitting .337 with a .619 slg in triple a, so yeah marcum was underrated but im cool.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dude we traded for Brett Lawries is hitting .337 with a .619 slg in triple a, so yeah marcum was underrated but im cool.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom