Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

It makes no sense for these boutiques to even have an online release when they barely have any for their in-store release. If Nike really intends these to be ‘neighborhood’ releases to the point where they aren’t even on SNKRS then they should be in-store only everywhere. I understand these boutiques probably do more online business than in-store business and they probably think one or two people posting their EQL Ws online will get them web traffic, but what are we really doing here by splitting already measly stock?

The best way to get the shoes to real people is to limit bots and multiple entries. The best I’ve seen for this release was Phenom where you could sign up online but had to pick up in store with ID. Stores could even take it a step further and require some sort of account system (which most already have) with a unique identifier like a driver’s license or state ID to ensure people don’t have multiple accounts.

FCFS is absolute garbage in 2024. Especially if you don’t allow people to line up. I can’t imagine there was a single store that released these FCFS and had a line that stayed in order without ghost chairs or some other foolery.
It’s a pain with in store only if you don’t live near anywhere that’s getting em, and/or you live too far for it to be worth it. Online is the only option for many people.

But agreed, they need to do better if they want it to be more fair.

shout out to BAIT Honolulu! Announced on IG they were dropping them FCFS 10 min or so before opening at 11am today. Drove down, parked, no line, paid for my size, and left. The way releases should be!
IMG_0368_sm.jpg

IMG_0369_sm.jpg

Normal footers can probably end up snagging for retail-ish + tax + ship (roughly $400), bigger footers, I don’t see these dipping below $475 once the dust settles.

Not a lot of ppl are going to pay a crazy reseller fee, in a few weeks it'll come down in price, closer to retail plus tax

I never thought 17s would sell out like this, I thought old heads like myself would only be interested...smh just wait until the mids and some 16s come out lol

The problem resellers are going to have on these is that they haven't even received pairs, and the # of high bids are low. After shipping/tax is included in their original purchase, they are walking away with lunch money at best.

Of course this is size dependent with big footers going to have to pay more on the resell market.

Hold the fort if you are checking resell, should dip at least a little bit more.

I struck out on every single raffle, and Im pretty sure I entered every single one humanly possible, even TBH's tweet entry - apparently my OG lightnings weren't good enough for them, hmph.

They better not do Cherrywood and Ginger 16’s like this. My plan is triple up when they release, and not go 0/20 on raffles.

This was a nasty release & Creme in VA & PA are utter trash. I was the first in line (VA location) out of 4 when they opened at noon. They tell us they got the shoes but can’t sell them until “the boss or whomever” give them instructions on how to handle this release. I ask what makes this release any different from the Travis Scott 1 low release last week or any other highly anticipated release they always get. I tell them they haven’t even posted on IG about this release at all. And the only reason I even know they got them is because SNKRS has them posted in the app. Dude looks dumb founded & has no response. ☠️

The other associate tells us to just keep an eye out on their IG page for release details. I already know what time it is & what that means (backdoor season). That was at noon; so I just got off the phone with the PA location about 10 minutes ago to see if they would give me the same BS story. Peep this! The associate says they sold them online this morning. I immediately cut him off and say cap! I’ve been on the site all morning and the only release y’all uploaded was the curry dunk low. He pauses and say well check our IG because we post all release info on that. I tell him I know, but y’all haven’t for these 17 lows at all, and that their only post for the last 24-36 hours have been about some Philly dunk lows. He then hangs up on me 💀🤣. I hope they lose their Nike & JB account. It just sucks knowing I was this close 👌🏾 to having a pair for retail.
Are you new to the area? Been here in VA since 2020. They do “e-mail” raffles for damn near every release. Everybody here already knows what time it is because we know exactly what local reseller sells their pairs.

I hope they don’t drop ‘em like they did the Mac Attacks:

- Limited release of the OG to get the hype up
- Collab releases of booty colorways
- Then, “Oh guess what we’ve got more of the OG for y’all.”

Meanwhile, people who really wanted ‘em already paid resale >D

Obviously dumb release but we all knew that even if the dumbasses at JB didn't. Another middle finger to true fans who like to enjoy good shoes and the player's legacy. Playing dumb**** games has hurt sales before and it will again. This reeks of Gentry and that's never a compliment.

Matching supply and demand has been a really poor ability on team JB for the last couple of years again.

But they're too focused on turning swooshes backwards and pre-yellowing classics to know anything meaningful. I've never bought less JB product than in the last year and the release calendar sucks. They do one actual accurate retro of a shoe a lot of people admire that hasn't been done to death and they totally **** it up.

No JB, nobody is settling for your 9th version of ****** up taxis or "lightning" yellow spizikes. Instead you can just go **** yourself. In a down year they just took way less profit on one of their most lucrative releases. Business decisions don't come much dumber.

Back
Top Bottom