Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

1717097336537.jpeg

Just to put it in perspective for the thinkers here, for these to go under retail a single cent, a seller would have to take a 30% loss on their purchase and you'd need a $275 sale to hit on any of the main resale platforms.

This was a nasty release & Creme in VA & PA are utter trash. I was the first in line (VA location) out of 4 when they opened at noon. They tell us they got the shoes but can’t sell them until “the boss or whomever” give them instructions on how to handle this release. I ask what makes this release any different from the Travis Scott 1 low release last week or any other highly anticipated release they always get. I tell them they haven’t even posted on IG about this release at all. And the only reason I even know they got them is because SNKRS has them posted in the app. Dude looks dumb founded & has no response. ☠️

The other associate tells us to just keep an eye out on their IG page for release details. I already know what time it is & what that means (backdoor season). That was at noon; so I just got off the phone with the PA location about 10 minutes ago to see if they would give me the same BS story. Peep this! The associate says they sold them online this morning. I immediately cut him off and say cap! I’ve been on the site all morning and the only release y’all uploaded was the curry dunk low. He pauses and say well check our IG because we post all release info on that. I tell him I know, but y’all haven’t for these 17 lows at all, and that their only post for the last 24-36 hours have been about some Philly dunk lows. He then hangs up on me 💀🤣. I hope they lose their Nike & JB account. It just sucks knowing I was this close 👌🏾 to having a pair for retail.

Last edited:
Seven. Teen. LOWS.

Plenty of opportunities to drop a limited collab, or a new stupid story colorway where MJ tried mumbo sauce for the first time after he joined the wizards.

Keep OG colorways somewhat easy to grab. Limiting these like this is trash.

I REALLY don’t get in my feelings over shoes anymore (really not eem that much in my feelings), but this release pissed me off.

Glad some kids got some new temporary grails.

All I can make of the release strategy is that it was to drum up hype and fomo on the later model retros that are going to be dropping. Next 17 low SNKRS release will probably be much larger but they're banking on dudes dropping 3 bills now that they see the demand was there for the lightnings and 99% of dudes couldn't cop.

That’s why I’m saying, drop some non-OG collab or something. Keep the OG colorways at least somewhat attainable.

Or even drop these as limited, but have xxxx pairs with the case, and drop more on snkrs. At least give us a better chance.

They can kick rocks if they think I’m gonna buy Carolinas. I have ZERO interest in those, unless they end up CHEAP.

That’s why I’m saying, drop some non-OG collab or something. Keep the OG colorways at least somewhat attainable.

They can kick rocks if they think I’m gonna buy Carolinas. I have ZERO interest in those, unless they end up CHEAP.
I concur. Should have brought them back with the AMM collab instead., earmarked these for 4th of July. I have a feeling the AMM's will be easy as hell to buy too.

This morning social status in Charlotte was a **** show.

People lined up yesterday at 6am and started a “list” across the street because they don’t allow camping. The manager who opened was supposed to pass out tickets. Instead at 12pm everyone across the street ran to the doors and it was a free for all. Super dangerous man.

When the doors opened they did not have 10-11 after 13 buyers the release was done.

Awful but expected from social status.

I don’t understand the purpose of FCFS to not properly protect the establishment and the consumers.

Do a live raffle or hand out tickets randomly during the week. It’s wild in 2024 businesses can’t get it right.

Someone standing outside from 6am yesterday got shafted. And the person first up went in with his kids to buy multiples. Same **** diff release. Gets old after awhile

It makes no sense for these boutiques to even have an online release when they barely have any for their in-store release. If Nike really intends these to be ‘neighborhood’ releases to the point where they aren’t even on SNKRS then they should be in-store only everywhere. I understand these boutiques probably do more online business than in-store business and they probably think one or two people posting their EQL Ws online will get them web traffic, but what are we really doing here by splitting already measly stock?

The best way to get the shoes to real people is to limit bots and multiple entries. The best I’ve seen for this release was Phenom where you could sign up online but had to pick up in store with ID. Stores could even take it a step further and require some sort of account system (which most already have) with a unique identifier like a driver’s license or state ID to ensure people don’t have multiple accounts.

FCFS is absolute garbage in 2024. Especially if you don’t allow people to line up. I can’t imagine there was a single store that released these FCFS and had a line that stayed in order without ghost chairs or some other foolery.

Back
Top Bottom