Jordan XI Christmas 2013 Speculation Thread Qam Black/Gamma Blue-Blck-Vraty MZ 378037-006 Updated Pa

honestly, they could just keep it simple and make a killing.

Black/Red
Space Jam
Cool Grey
Concord
Columbia

Repeat - People will want to pairs to replace beaters and new sneakerheads will claim they missed out (ie the 09 Jams people keep saying they missed out on even tho the resale was about $250-$300 for almost a year)

All Retro+ colorways come out during the year (ie anniversary XIs).

Not hard to do
Exactly.  Back when they used to drop retro's a little more spaced out, the retro+ colorways were not loud either.  They somewhat stuck with the same game plan as the originals.  Nowadays, everything has to be loud and wild color combos, almost like trying to compete with what Nike Basketball is doing.  I'm surprised they haven't dropped a pink or mango colorway yet.

This is like the child's game "telephone"...

There are bits and pieces here that are correct...but, by the time you get to the end...all of this information is just a mess of nonsense...

Holiday 2013 is still being put together...DO NOT take any of this information as "confirmed"...

JM

Only source of information I need....

Thanks JM.

Bigj, I been saying that for years and stayed getting the argument of how continuously putting out XI's every year will de-value the shoe. I say just cyclically put them out in decent quantity every year. It's a big seller regardless, no harm no foul. Plus, you know when they are coming out so you have time to save $, build a connect to get a pair or whatever. However, I do find it funny now that the Colombias are the only ones left, people are screaming louder than ever for them. It's ridiculous. I remember stuff like this prior to the past christmas' release:

Concords>spacejams>Blk/reds>cool grey> colombias

or some variation of this with Colombias being last for almost everyone's comparison. :lol:. Some of y'all here need to stop you're fraud ways and admit to liking what's hyped.

Last edited:
Bigj, I been saying that for years and stayed getting the argument of how continuously putting out XI's every year will de-value the shoe. I say just cyclically put them out in decent quantity every year. It's a big seller regardless, no harm no foul. Plus, you know when they are coming out so you have time to save $, build a connect to get a pair or whatever.

seems like thats their strategy... make the XI the annual xmas shoe but with a different color. now they getting cute and going for retro+ colors.

I really, really, really miss when they used to just spend half of the year with 1 retro model then move on to the next like they did in 2000-2001... waiting to get 1 pair a year will take forever to replace the older shoes gone bye bye :smh:

Bigj, I been saying that for years and stayed getting the argument of how continuously putting out XI's every year will de-value the shoe. I say just cyclically put them out in decent quantity every year. It's a big seller regardless, no harm no foul. Plus, you know when they are coming out so you have time to save $, build a connect to get a pair or whatever.

seems like thats their strategy... make the XI the annual xmas shoe but with a different color. now they getting cute and going for retro+ colors.

I really, really, really miss when they used to just spend half of the year with 1 retro model then move on to the next like they did in 2000-2001... waiting to get 1 pair a year will take forever to replace the older shoes gone bye bye :smh:

Yeah, I liked that pattern too. But what killed that, the Retro of the AJ1. Too many colors. They spent too much time on that model and beat it to death. I can't stand that shoe so much that when they put out the only color I wanted (Red/White on 1/5/13) I didn't even care or bat an eye that I missed it. With that pattern I can see them sitting there thining how they could milk every possible model with horrible colorways.

^^^ i dont think it was just the 1s that killed it. most of the retro+ colorways took a little while to sell out and a lot of the OG colors sat too... this held especially true for the 4s and 5s from 05 or so.

Mil IVs sat as well as Mist IVs and Mars IVs in some places. Thunder and Lightning packs were frowned upon by many.
The green bean, burgundy Vs just sat. Fire red and metallic Vs didnt sell out immediately either.

I loved that because you could actually get the shoes for a good price. JB didnt like it because it wasnt an instant sell out.

I think it's only a matter of time before they start giving it the Foamposite treatment. Every color out there. Nothing gimmicky but they'll water the XI down.

They should just stick with their trusty stable of colorways and maybe introduce one well-done colorway every now and then. But I have a feeling the XI will be like the Foam One in 3-4 yrs

^^^ i dont think it was just the 1s that killed it. most of the retro+ colorways took a little while to sell out and a lot of the OG colors sat too... this held especially true for the 4s and 5s from 05 or so.

Mil IVs sat as well as Mist IVs and Mars IVs in some places. Thunder and Lightning packs were frowned upon by many.
The green bean, burgundy Vs just sat. Fire red and metallic Vs didnt sell out immediately either.

I loved that because you could actually get the shoes for a good price. JB didnt like it because it wasnt an instant sell out.

You damn sure right about that. Green beans sat a little longer than burgundy's here. 05 was pretty pedestrian compared to now. It was indeed a better time then. Now everything goes. But yeah, Retro + colors have always had a history of delayed sell outs for some reason. Not any more though :smh:

You damn sure right about that. Green beans sat a little longer than burgundy's here. 05 was pretty pedestrian compared to now. It was indeed a better time then. Now everything goes. But yeah, Retro + colors have always had a history of delayed sell outs for some reason. Not any more though :smh:

with the exception of a few... like cool grey III, tour 4s, oreo 4s (please retro one day) to name a few...

even in 2010, oreo 6s sat. obviously, they were not the most popular colorway, but i was able to get a pair for 110 shipped off fnl. I guarantee that if those came out in 2013, they would sell out

Last edited:
even in 2010, oreo 6s sat. obviously, they were not the most popular colorway, but i was able to get a pair for 110 shipped off fnl. I guarantee that if those came out in 2013, they would sell out

He said Oreo IV's, not Oreo VI's

Air-Jordan-11-Year-of-The-Snake-2013-600x343.jpeg

beautiful

:smokin :smokin

Laughing all the way to the bank! The hearsay in this thread is every which way. It's like a daytime soap opera show.

The only thing I like about talking about sneakers that don't release for ELEVEN MONTHS, is that it brings out the certified NT OG's, like JMAdidas...

Waiting for NinjaHood to make an appearance....Or what's-his-face with the dancing Homer avi.

...BTW, the fact that JM said that pieces of that info are correct, make me sad.

If you really are seeing this, JB, please don't create unnecessary hysteria. PLEASE!!? An extremely limited, snakeskin XI would DEFINITELY cause some severe issues.

"...voices screamin, 'Don't do it!'"

Columbias will come out! Maybe not this year but soon. JB is just trying to create bred and concord hype for them. Cause they are sought after but not like bred and Concords are. So it's like telling somebody they can't have something it makes them want it more until they want it it's a nike JB marketing strategy at its finest

Last edited:
Columbias will come out! Maybe not this year but soon. JB is just trying to create bred and concord hype for them. Cause they are sought after but not like bred and Concords are. So it's like telling somebody they can't have something it makes them want it more until they want it it's a nike JB marketing strategy at its finest
You sir are a genius

If the first post turns out to be correct, this will be crazy *** december. That first drop will probably cause so much hype that may do all the other releases online or something. lol. My homeboy had the laney 5s in high school and he got em on sale. That December lineup is fresh and new. I think its dope. Way to shake it up JB. All these ppl just screaming columbias just because someone else said. U columbia guys sound like a broken record. U just want it so u can put up a pic wit ur breds and space james. ***** out with the old in with the new.

If the first post turns out to be correct, this will be crazy *** december. That first drop will probably cause so much hype that may do all the other releases online or something. lol. My homeboy had the laney 5s in high school and he got em on sale. That December lineup is fresh and new. I think its dope. Way to shake it up JB. All these ppl just screaming columbias just because someone else said. U columbia guys sound like a broken record. U just want it so u can put up a pic wit ur breds and space james. ***** out with the old in with the new.

Back
Top Bottom