Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

This is the best way I can describe it.......
Damn, Jordan has gotten that bad? Last pair I got were the Taxi 12s and those were actually decent. I heard bad things about the 6s though.

Oh well, I'll still be copping. 1st and last pair of 6s. 

Damn, Jordan has gotten that bad? Last pair I got were the Taxi 12s and those were actually decent. I heard bad things about the 6s though.

Oh well, I'll still be copping. 1st and last pair of 6s. 
The taxi 12s were decent quality, the tumbled leather was pretty good. These and the infrared 6s have some of the worst leather. It basically has no grain, it's just like a smooth material. Pleather is the right term for it

I been feeling these for awhile but now it's looking bland to me i mean i got the money and the plugs but idk hoping something better comes around I'll grab the black toes n wait for the infrareds in the mean time ,pass.

I heard 12s were supposed to be really comfortable

If the laces arent tied

Ive had no problems with previous xii retros or the ogs for that matter

But the taxi xii from last year stab my ankles to death if the laces are tied to the gold loops

not only that but did you notice the total lack of padding in  last years taxis? i found my achilles rubbing up on the collar because of the thin padding 

Came back from a spot not too long ago. They already have them and they want $275 for them. I'mma pass on that. I saw these in Harlem on Monday, and for the quality they are, $275 is too steep for me at the moment. For those that haven't held these or white/infrareds in hand, they "leather" is very similar to that of the black tongue V's, grapes etc. So if you are not a fan of that leather, you might pass on these unless you really want them. I wanted them too, until I heard the price they were asking at the shop. I was expecting to pay $200 and it may drop to that, but I'm not willing to pay that price to have them 10 days early. Even if I strike out completely, I wouldn't be all that upset to be honest. It's a nice cw to look at but the story changes for me in hand, even with the known deficiencies in quality. If you want to cop, enjoy. 
these should be an easy cop bro, it is a very general release and its not an 11 or something that would be tough to cop. 

yea its pretty much the infrared 6 from earlier this year as far as quality. in fact im convinced jb just colored the infrared parts over with sport blue 
laugh.gif

haven't worn my taxis yet but the Gammas felt just fine. Dunno if there was a quality difference

I believe i waited a couple months after i bought the taxi to wear um. I was pissed that they hurt cuz had i known that they would i woukdbt have ecen bought um

It wasnt til after that i checked the taxi thread and others were complaining as well

I never felt this kind of pain in a shoe before. Truly painful

Came back from a spot not too long ago. They already have them and they want $275 for them. I'mma pass on that. I saw these in Harlem on Monday, and for the quality they are, $275 is too steep for me at the moment. For those that haven't held these or white/infrareds in hand, they "leather" is very similar to that of the black tongue V's, grapes etc. So if you are not a fan of that leather, you might pass on these unless you really want them. I wanted them too, until I heard the price they were asking at the shop. I was expecting to pay $200 and it may drop to that, but I'm not willing to pay that price to have them 10 days early. Even if I strike out completely, I wouldn't be all that upset to be honest. It's a nice cw to look at but the story changes for me in hand, even with the known deficiencies in quality. If you want to cop, enjoy. 
these should be an easy cop bro, it is a very general release and its not an 11 or something that would be tough to cop. 

yea its pretty much the infrared 6 from earlier this year as far as quality. in fact im convinced jb just colored the infrared parts over with sport blue 
laugh.gif
You never know. Everyone is "into" shoes now so it's whatever. I'm at peace with whatever happens.

My taxis feel good. I have them laced a little loose, so they slip off my heel at times, but other than that, they're solid. I went .5 sz down too and feel like I could have gone another .5 sz down and been fine. They are huge.

I could scroll through all these pages and find the fit, but I'm not going to. How do these fit? TTS?

I mean these hold real sentimental value to me. Got these for christmas even though we were poor and moms was a single mother. I really appreciated that.

But the more and more i look at that leather...

Gonna be a release day decision and honestly if i miss out there is so much out there i havent bought yet that it wont be too much of a loss

But ill throw a fit if i miss out on the black toe xiv :lol:

Last edited:
I know this gets asked a MILLION times, but please help cuz this is IMPORTANT
embarassed.gif

Do these fit large? I got the Oreo VI back in 2010 in a 13 (my true size), and they were large. They fit like boats. 
frown.gif

I haven't bought any VI's from 2014, so I have absolutely no idea how these fit.

I know none of the stores here will sell these in a 12.5 in the Sport Blues. I just need to know if I have to buy a 12.5 online on RD.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I mean these hold real sentimental value to me. Got these for christmas even though we were poor and moms was a single mother. I really appreciated that.

But the more and more i look at that leather...

Gonna be a release day decision and honestly if i miss out there is so much out there i havent bought yet that it wont be too much of a loss

But ill throw a fit if i miss out on the black toe xiv :lol:
the ogs or do you mean the navy's?

Not much on my "MUST PICK UP" list this year, but these were circled and underlined.
Along with the white/inf VI, Flight Huarache OG & black/inf VI.
There were more of these (produced) than the Sport Blue III, but regardless, I'm not sleeping.
Body Ready :smokin

Back
Top Bottom