Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

I saw this photo of Tinker Hatfield holding the 13s
Does anyone know where this photo is from, if it was in a magazine?
I'm trying to find it in higher resolution

tinker_one.jpg

Not the same image, but a photo from the same photo shoot is in the Slam presents JORDAN ("100% Mike") magazine from about '97-98. It's a super dope magazine, features a bunch of MJ interviews, stuff about the shoes and XIII-related apparel (it was the "latest model" then) etc. If you're only gonna get one vintage MJ magazine, try to get your hands on this one.

j1.jpg j2.jpg j3.jpg

Oh I know....but the hassle of needing to go that route is totally not worth it for me. He could have canceled his order or tried to have UPS change the delivery address (for a fee). I'd honestly chalk that up to my own ignorance if I was in his shoes (figuratively)

im surprised nobody has mentioned this. UPS can totally change your delivery address, but not in the way one would think. its more of a request to reroute delivery to a diff address, and not just scrubbing out the original and subbing in the new one. and they def can do it for a fee. i think how big the fee is depends on how big of an address change.

Not the same image, but a photo from the same photo shoot is in the Slam presents JORDAN ("100% Mike") magazine from about '97-98. It's a super dope magazine, features a bunch of MJ interviews, stuff about the shoes and XIII-related apparel (it was the "latest model" then) etc. If you're only gonna get one vintage MJ magazine, try to get your hands on this one.

j1.jpg j2.jpg j3.jpg

You pissed me off with that. I had that magazine FOREVER, and then one day I went to pull it out and could never find it again. All I can figure is I accidentally tossed it during some bout of cleaning. I bought it when it came out and it was in mint condition. Always kick myself for losing it, however I managed to do so.

im surprised nobody has mentioned this. UPS can totally change your delivery address, but not in the way one would think. its more of a request to reroute delivery to a diff address, and not just scrubbing out the original and subbing in the new one. and they def can do it for a fee. i think how big the fee is depends on how big of an address change.

I've changed mine for $5 before. And yah, more of a re-route than anything. In his case should have just requested it get held for pickup. Trying to feel for the dude, but he could have avoided this any number of ways but tried to get Nike to do it for him.

Yeah I have 4 shoe boxes full of old mags from 91-98. Tons of Slam and SIs. That 2 page pic I would love to have in poster form.

All this nostalgia got me ... found a mint copy of that 100-percent Mike Slam on eBay for $10. It's on its way :lol:

Nice... still have mine but its all tore up. I cut tons pics out of it years ago.

Once upon a time, I had loads of saved magazines featuring MJ and the Bulls. Tons of the classic SIs with big stories from the '90s. I had them for years but eventually brought myself to toss them, as they just started taking up space and I figured, really, how often do I even go back and read these? Now I wish I had saved at least some of them, but that's the way it always goes. This Slam, though, I never intended to chuck that mag which is why I decided to buy another copy off the Bay. Will be nice to have that back on one of my bookshelves.

Hey fellas. Keep an eye on your local outlets, with the returns and outlet sales promotions, i scored on more than once on pairs at 20% off. I have been seeing these on more than one occasion ( both with box top and without) Obviously returns, but clean and still factory laced, i have scored multiples pairs at $163.
Scored a pair for my homie (size 8.5) and one for me ( size 11). Also saw a couple 10.5's i should've picked up but chose to release them back into the wild, since the homie chose to pass on them when i messaged him. They are in abundance my G's. And i love it. Bring on the OG flints dark navy in these numbers JB.

Attachments

• 20180815_190224_Burst01.jpg
    20180815_190224_Burst01.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 36
  • 20180812_115143.jpg
    20180812_115143.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 36
I sure hope so, then I can grab a third pair. No regrets buying two at retail on release day, though, I love these things. Have worn my first pair for at least part of the day every single day since they released, and all day during the past two weekends.
Are they atleast comfortable? Havent bought a pair of 13s since 2013 black/red. Why i dont know lol.. All my recent retros feel better then any previous just wondering

Are they atleast comfortable? Havent bought a pair of 13s since 2013 black/red. Why i dont know lol.. All my recent retros feel better then any previous just wondering

Like J said, yup. I find them extremely comfortable. Great cushioning. A retro that feels like I could play in it for hours.

Back
Top Bottom