Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

To be honest, I think Nike does put out a **** ton of royals. Any shoe with a high resell demand they made a ton of, like Space Jams. Good for Nike, good for us.

To be honest, I think Nike does put out a **** ton of royals. Any shoe with a high resell demand they made a ton of, like Space Jams. Good for Nike, good for us.

Can't compare space jams because that's a holiday release. They're gonna make a lot by default.

But when they released the 13 royals resale wasn't that bad for the 2001. I think they DIDNT release enough 13 royals imo
And in fact I think it's quite the opposite. When a shoe has a high resale value USUALLY there aren't a lot of pairs

Last edited:
But when they released the 13 royals resale wasn't that bad for the 2001. I think they DIDNT release enough 13 royals imo
And in fact I think it's quite the opposite. When a shoe has a high resale value USUALLY there aren't a lot of pairs
i think he was speaking in terms of previous releases of the same shoe with high resale value.

They can release a million pairs, and they'll still be resellers selling for $400+ :smh:

I disagree. If they release 700k pairs then the shoe will sit and we'll all feast like we should. 1s are not as popular with everybody in the world like we think. Sure we love em but all the hype comes from the fact that they are limited. I've always said if 1s were massed produced they would sit like they always used to prior to say 2013 minus the first banned release. Not blinking an eye at that twitter post but a mass production would be lovely and resellers would take a major L like they should. Kanye and Nikes 2012-2013 marketing team are directly responsible for the unnecessary (and unwelcome) hype on 1s.

Last edited:
I feel like Mike knows a couple of his kicks, the OG colorways at least. He'd never admit it though

Stopped reading once I got to Royals sitting.

Ok if not sit, everyone that truly wants a pair will be able to copp. That better? Lol That's the problem though man. Why shouldn't Royals sit? If they were massed produced and Kanye didn't wear them, why would it be so surprising to see them sit? They did in 85! 1s sat in 94! They're just 1s. We put em on such a pedestal but 1s have always sat before the hype.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Nike does release a lot of these. They know they will sell and to achieve the lofty goals they want to meet by 2020 they will do whatever it takes.

You have to take into account changing styles as well. Kanye lit the flame for the hype but this growing trend of joggers has caused a whole new affinity for high top sneakers.

We know as much as retailers do

Which is nothing

Not saying there will or won't be a lot of pairs but 700k lol

Believe him if you want

You only know what they tell you, believe me, retail managers actually have this information months in advance. They aren't allowed to give it so they always say they don't know. They can even see when a shoe will go on sale, it's not random.

I really doubt they'll make that many pairs of these. Plan for the worst is always my strategy for shoes I want. If they're easy, it'll only be that less stressful during th release.

Why does the tumble matter in the first place. It's one of my favorite details about the shoe. The royals ava the breds will drop again y'all. Another 4-6 years and you'll get them again with smooth leather.

Last edited:
Why does the tumble matter in the first place. It's one of my favorite details about the shoe. The royals ava the breds will drop again y'all. Another 4-6 years and you'll get them again with smooth leather.

Not true to the OG material wise

Back
Top Bottom