Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Yeah, feel free to stop responding to me-it's not like you have anything to add anyways, unlike others who were actually helpful.
I have returned one to stockx before, but I had already declined it before they shipped it to me, as it looked like a truck had run over the box.  They sent me images of that, I said no, they still sent it by accident, so it was returned and refunded, no questions asked. Shoes may have been fine, but with such box damage, I was worried about how the sneakers may have been impacted. A small tear or dent, no problem, it happens with Nike sometimes too. But not had any real problems with them and returns. Give them until Monday to respond and see how things go.

You don't like the pair obviously, so just return it and move on.

Last edited:
I have returned one to sotckx before, but I had already declined it before they shipped it to me, as it looked like a truck had run over the box.  They sent me images of that, I said no, they still sent it by accident, so it was returned and refunded, no questions asked. Shoes may have been fine, but with such box damage, I was worried about how the sneakers may have been impacted. A small tear or dent, no problem, it happens with Nike sometimes too. But not had any real problems with them and returns. Give them until Monday to respond and see how things go.

You don't like the pair obviously, so just return it and move on.

Thanks man, I'll see what they say tomorrow-it's kind of concerning they ignored my initial return request on Thursday but hopefully they'll respond tomorrow.

I like the quality of my retro royal blue jordan 1's from 1985 that I won't be playing basketball in and probably wear less than 4 times a year just fine....

You probably got a decent deal on them. Just sell them back on stockx when the price increases (it will in due time) and purchase another pair down the line. It's not a big deal and the value will soon go up like every OG Jordan 1. There's a ton of people on here who have a far worse pair (totally misshaped leather toe boxes, tons of glue stains, scuffs etc). Your pair really isn't that bad (albeit your other pair is better quality to you).

You probably got a decent deal on them. Just sell them back on stockx when the price increases (it will in due time) and purchase another pair down the line. It's not a big deal and the value will soon go up like every OG Jordan 1. There's a ton of people on here who have a far worse pair (totally misshaped leather toe boxes, tons of glue stains, scuffs etc). Your pair really isn't that bad (albeit your other pair is better quality to you).

Yeah, if Stock X doesn't come through with the return tomorrow, I'll just follow this strategy.. Thanks for the positivity man.

This was a classic case of the feels you get when you don't purchase direct from a footstore or affiliated website. Add to that when you purchase to flip down the road, n don't need that stress later on [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Staff always going HAM on JB. :lol:

This is the only reason I went back and forth with him. At what point do you have so many grievances with a brand that you stop buying their products? I don't know anyone who's been shopping with Jordan brand for the later part of the last 10 years that doesn't know what to expect in terms of QC. The lets sh*t on JB once a day tirades just get old.

I think dude was mad that he paid over retail and didn't get a "good" pair
But even if you bought from retailer you really didn't have an option to return or exchange since these soldout on RD
Unless you bought from Nike if you were lucky you might of
Buying these on stockx you take a small risk of not getting a decent pair since they don't have pics
Just my 2 cents......

This is the only reason I went back and forth with him. At what point do you have so many grievances with a brand that you stop buying their products? I don't know anyone who's been shopping with Jordan brand for the later part of the last 10 years that doesn't know what to expect in terms of QC. The lets sh*t on JB once a day tirades just get old.
Not to get into it with you again. My issues weren't that JB's releases are holistically bad, it's that they are VERY inconsistent. In fact, I consider Space Jam 11s the best release across ANY brand in 2016 (that includes even Yeezys, OVOs, and other hyped releases). I even tripled up on Space Jams-I bought with the intent on returning one pair with QC issues and got 3/3 with no issues (maybe I simply got lucky). So I kept my 1 to rock, 1 to stock and my extra +1/third pair. That said, I simply couldn't believe JB would have QC issues with such a high profile release (Royal 1s) but it is what it is and I've come to terms that, when buying from Stock X, I inherently accepted liability that I would not get to examine my pair and returns would be a pain (they still have not contacted me about a return). Life goes on though. 

I think dude was mad that he paid over retail and didn't get a "good" pair
But even if you bought from retailer you really didn't have an option to return or exchange since these soldout on RD
Unless you bought from Nike if you were lucky you might of
Buying these on stockx you take a small risk of not getting a decent pair since they don't have pics
Just my 2 cents......
You hit the nail on the head. I'm stuck with my Stock X pair but it's whatever, I'm simply not using Stock X again. I guess I'm going to try and sell them down the road on eBay with lower-res images and "no returns" policy to try and get my $ back.

Not to get into it with you again. My issues weren't that JB's releases are holistically bad, it's that they are VERY inconsistent. In fact, I consider Space Jam 11s the best release across ANY brand in 2016 (that includes even Yeezys, OVOs, and other hyped releases). I even tripled up on Space Jams-I bought with the intent on returning one pair with QC issues and got 3/3 with no issues (maybe I simply got lucky). So I kept my 1 to rock, 1 to stock and my extra +1/third pair. That said, I simply couldn't believe JB would have QC issues with such a high profile release (Royal 1s) but it is what it is and I've come to terms that, when buying from Stock X, I inherently accepted liability that I would not get to examine my pair and returns would be a pain (they still have not contacted me about a return). Life goes on though. 

Comes with the territory man that's all it is at the end of the day. Moving forward you know that most of us have been dealing with your exact experience for years and All you can do is plan accordingly. You chance it on one pair or get multiple to give yourself options and unload what you don't keep.

Reps cinnamonsimba cinnamonsimba [/@]Esmchicago...$224 for that 11.5 i need. I have an 11 from RD but really need that 11.5
Have you guys seen a better deal on the secondary market or should i just bite the bullet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom