Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Nobody in real life calls people out or gets on there damn knees to check out a shoes stitching, glue or leather thickness.

It isn't like people see your zoomed in online photo on your feet as they walk past you.

And retros quality control has never been top notch. Go buy some 31s, all my pairs are mint.

Nobody in real life calls people out or gets on there damn knees to check out a shoes stitching, glue or leather thickness.

It isn't like people see your zoomed in online photo on your feet as they walk past you.

And retros quality control has never been top notch. Go buy some 31s, all my pairs are mint.

I'd rather go barefoot than wear a pair of 31s tbqh

My point was that there have been seemingly more reported QC issues with Royal 1s. I was basically told ITT to stop complaining about my issues as "this release has known QC issues." I'm sure there are hyped releases like 350s , OVO 10s, PSNY 12s, etc. with some QC issues but it seems like this Royal release was much worse than normal. People apparently received shoes with different heights-at what point does JB stop getting a pass for this nonsense?

Who's getting a pass on what? Guaranteed the shoes were returned. And if the person really wants the model they'll put in the work to get a pair that is acceptable to them. Jordan brand doesn't offer you a service, they offer a product. That you can buy or not buy at your own free will. 99% of dudes in here got multiple pairs once the QC issues became to get their perfect pair. Part of the game. Good pairs are out there and I'm pretty confident in saying they outnumber bad ones.

Who's getting a pass on what? Guaranteed the shoes were returned. And if the person really wants the model they'll put in the work to get a pair that is acceptable to them. Jordan brand doesn't offer you a service, they offer a product. That you can buy or not buy at your own free will. 99% of dudes in here got multiple pairs once the QC issues became to get their perfect pair. Part of the game. Good pairs are out there and I'm pretty confident in saying they outnumber bad ones.
LMAO are you really saying that consistently bad QC is "part of the game" and the answer is to buy multiple pairs instead of passing on the release? Man no wonder JB laughs all the way to the bank, they can drop absolute trash and people will still buy it.

Look at those terrible Motorsport 4s... Horrible quality and JB was forced to discount them to like $115 to move pairs and they STILL didn't sellout. If more people did this with more releases, JB would be forced to fix their mistakes.

Last edited:
LMAO are you really saying that consistently bad QC is "part of the game" and the answer is to buy multiple pairs instead of passing on the release? Man no wonder JB laughs all the way to the bank, they can drop absolute trash and people will still buy it.

My guy... just stop buying the shoes and keep it moving.
Speak with your pockets.

Speak with your pockets.
I mean I will-I just don't understand this logic, if more people did the same, JB wouldn't be pulling the things on consumers they have recently. The elephant in the room is that people here seem to think it's okay for JB to release lesser quality pairs instead of stepping up production QC. This is why I'm personally surprised so many people were on here were defending the QC issues on this Royal 1 release, specifically. 

If this continues, we can all expect higher retail prices for retros in the next 2-3 years and even more QC issues. 

Speak with your pockets.

I mean I will-I just don't understand this logic, if more people did the same, JB wouldn't be pulling the things on consumers they have recently. The elephant in the room is that people here seem to think it's okay for JB to release lesser quality pairs instead of stepping up production QC. This is why I'm personally surprised so many people were on here were defending the QC issues on this Royal 1 release, specifically. 

If this continues, we can all expect higher retail prices for retros in the next 2-3 years and even more QC issues. 

You may be confusing defending with knowing what's expected. People have known that mass produced product (not limited to Jordan's) have inconsistencies. They are telling you such but you aren't hearing it. You are just raging.

You may be confusing defending with knowing what's expected. People have known that mass produced product (not limited to Jordan's) have inconsistencies. They are telling you such but you aren't hearing it. You are just raging.

Whatever you say, man.

I guess higher standards aren't for everyone, but it is what it is.

Whatever you say, man.

I guess higher standards aren't for everyone, but it is what it is.

You still don't get it.
If I get a shoe that's not acceptable then I just return it. If a release is trash then I get an older one if it's still wearable.

You still don't get it.
If I get a shoe that's not acceptable then I just return it. If a release is trash then I get an older one if it's still wearable.

And Stock X has not responded to my return request.. That was literally how I explained it before. Like I said, it looks like I'm stuck with this pair.

You still don't get it.

And Stock X has not responded to my return request.. That was literally how I explained it before. Like I said, it looks like I'm stuck with this pair.

And people said the stockx is slow on the weekend.

Look at those terrible Motorsport 4s... Horrible quality and JB was forced to discount them to like $115 to move pairs and they STILL didn't sellout. If more people did this with more releases, JB would be forced to fix their mistakes.

As someone who makes a living as an engineer in manufacturing no company that makes any product in mass guarantees 100% quality. None. And add the fact JB has massively increased production numbers across the board, you're not being realistic about the product and the process involved in getting the pair you want. This isn't new. Where were you the past 15-20 years? Where have you been where you've been handed perfect quality kicks on a silver platter? I don't know a single person who has real appreciation for sneakers outside of hype that hasn't returned a few kicks that they really wanted for quality issue. That's been apart of the same since day one. Especially when you're dealing with leather based basket ball shoes.

At this point everyone might as well stop responding to this dude, he's not going to see logic vs his little perfect world.

As someone who makes a living as an engineer in manufacturing no company that makes any product in mass guarantees 100% quality. None. And add the fact JB has massively increased production numbers across the board, you're not being realistic about the product and the process involved in getting the pair you want. This isn't new. Where were you the past 15-20 years? Where have you been where you've been handed perfect quality kicks on a silver platter? I don't know a single person who has real appreciation for sneakers outside of hype that hasn't returned a few kicks that they really wanted for quality issue. That's been apart of the same since day one. Especially when you're dealing with leather based basket ball shoes.

Since when has this not been common practice?

Have you guys tried returning anything on Stock X? The issue was that I bought from a secondary market where I couldn't see the pair I was receiving and I am having trouble returning them, as a result. Obviously, if I could simply contact them and get a return, this wouldn't be an issue but, as it stands, I'm stuck with this pair. Stock X sent me one email on Friday telling me that the pair they sent me wasn't fake but did have defects and didn't acknowledge my request for a return. I emailed them again on Friday asking a SECOND time for a return, and I'm yet to get a response.

At this point everyone might as well stop responding to this dude, he's not going to see logic vs his little perfect world.

Yeah, feel free to stop responding to me-it's not like you have anything to add anyways, unlike others who were actually helpful.

Have you guys tried returning anything on Stock X? The issue was that I bought from a secondary market where I couldn't see the pair I was receiving and I am having trouble returning them, as a result. Obviously, if I could simply contact them and get a return, this wouldn't be an issue but, as it stands, I'm stuck with this pair. Stock X sent me one email on Friday telling me that the pair they sent me wasn't fake but did have defects and didn't acknowledge my request for a return. I emailed them again on Friday asking a SECOND time for a return, and I'm yet to get a response.

But you're not in here complaining about stockx customer service. You're in here complaining about the same JB crap that you drop in almost every Jordan thread that I see you in. Stockx is slow on the weekend. Wait for a response. Return your shoes and keep it moving on to the next drop.

But you're not in here complaining about stockx customer service. You're in here complaining about the same JB crap that you drop in almost every Jordan thread that I see you in. Stockx is slow on the weekend. Wait for a response. Return your shoes and keep it moving on to the next drop.

I definitely was complaining about Stock X dude. If I could have easily returned my pair, I wouldn't be in here discussing my issues with the pair I'm pretty much stuck with. Also, isn't the entire point of release threads to discuss the things you like/don't like about releases? I don't see why having a negative opinion on a release is a bad thing-look up literally ANY release thread on NT and you'll find people who have issues with the release. I'm not saying you do it, but some people on here act like delicate little snowflakes whenever people have issues with releases and express any sort of negativity towards said release or, even moreso, the respective brand itself.

Back
Top Bottom