Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Would the shattered backboards sold out or sold as much as they did if they weren't considered "OG" and didn't have Nike Air on the tongue?

Would the shattered backboards sold out or sold as much as they did if they weren't considered "OG" and didn't have Nike Air on the tongue?
nope, and you could say that for most if not all "OG" 1s to be honest

Last edited:
Which Air Jordan 1 benefitted most from being marketed as "OG" and having "Nike Air" on the tongue?

Which sales would have plummeted the most without the OG marketing and Nike  Air?

Lys.... If everything with Nike air tags wood sell out 1.5s would of sold out 1s got hype and have for years now which is y they sell out don't matter if it's an "Og color way" Kanye wore ones and it was a rap for all pairs that were highs beside the Carmine's Celtics laneys and highlight reels

SBBs would of sold regardless of NA and if it had a Jumpman logo (black of course) on the heel .... The leather is nice and the fit is nice. I suspect it woulda been a slow burn if it dropped on the low. I think Nike was clear about the narrative and why it was being offered with a NA tagging....not sure of the black gum tagging (helped by NA).

Last edited:
I doubt dude had in mind that dudes would come at him for his pants when he posted pic of the shoes
im sure he knows that comments will be made on anything in the pic. I mean how many times did someones bedding become the topic :rofl:

how is he showing off by taking a pic of his kix?
mean.gif
how is it not showing off?....eveyone that posts a pic of sneakers on this thread is showing their pair off! It is what it is.....now i didnt say he was bragging....there is a difference.

Lys.... If everything with Nike air tags wood sell out 1.5s would of sold out 1s got hype and have for years now which is y they sell out don't matter if it's an "Og color way" Kanye wore ones and it was a rap for all pairs that were highs beside the Carmine's Celtics laneys and highlight reels
the chicago 1.5 sold out everywhere and people actually wanted those cause MJ wore them. Lets see how the reception is for the royal 1.5

SBBs would of sold regardless of NA and if it had a Jumpman logo (black of course) on the heel .... The leather is nice and the fit is nice. I suspect it woulda been a slow burn if it dropped on the low. I think Nike was clear about the narrative and why it was being offered with a NA tagging....not sure of the black gum tagging (helped by NA).
I agree on the SBBs because of the story behind it, so i think people would have been intrigued by them regardless but this much hype behind them? i dont think so lol

breds maybe but i don't know about the chis, the 2013 chis were a breeze
exactly and its actually crazy because he actually wore the chi 1s but just because the 2013 had the jumpman on the back it wasnt as hyped, regardless it sold out after a while but resell was very low, i found them for my girl for $170 DS

1.5s didn't sell out there in out lets and ppl letting them go on eBay less then 100$ and the royals were being sold on eBay for 150 shipped both na tags......

1.5s didn't sell out there in out lets and ppl letting them go on eBay less then 100$ and the royals were being sold on eBay for 150 shipped both na tags......
everywhere out here where i am they sold out. i think mostly for the fact that people wanted to swap the soles on them then realized how thick the upper was, so now they trynna let em go for crackhead pricing. to be honest the shoe is really ugly lmao

Oh yes i forgot about those. But without the Kanye cosign you think they would have been as hyped or sold out?
Hell no, 1s have never moved the way they do now so without the Kanye cosign and without the NA... Royals would sit. They'd be bought up by some but I doubt a day 1 sellout.

Never understood why dudes feel the need to comment on another dude's fit.  No other dude's opinion in this world matter to me about my fit.  Its all about the ladies.

In all honestly the dudes clowning are doing him a favor. Hopefully this guy takes the advice. Why would you spend money on expensive basketball shoes and wear boot-cut jeans. It's not a good look, but to each his/her own I suppose.

Hell no, 1s have never moved the way they do now so without the Kanye cosign and without the NA... Royals would sit. They'd be bought up by some but I doubt a day 1 sellout.

I think royals woulda sold out regardless....the 2001 Royal retro eventually sold. I think that fact ye was rocking them is an indicator that he knows 1 history and the strength of that part of the trinity. I think his co-sign just meant resell price points are in beast mode for royals. Likewise ultraboost were moving before he rocked an all white pair and had the hypebeasts grabbing pairs and raising the resell value. I think the 2013 CHIs didn't move because the mold used was funky and that toe box had folks spending mad time 'breaking' them in lol

exactly and its actually crazy because he actually wore the chi 1s but just because the 2013 had the jumpman on the back it wasnt as hyped, regardless it sold out after a while but resell was very low, i found them for my girl for $170 DS
Those 2013 Chicago 1's were complete garbage material IMO.

Back
Top Bottom