Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

Clean, Cut ,and Dry, the suburbs are the reason resellers are thriving now in days.
Latest example,
Sbb1s at $400+,thats crazy , cant knock the reseller(burbs or urban), if people willing to get handled on price, line them pockets then, but in turn its a trickle down effect. Thats because then every semi sought after retro becomes a paycheck, and the sneaks aint falling in the hands of those who truly want em, more often they fall in the hands of those out to profit, or just plai n old trending.

The mark-up game has been around way before suburban kids had the impact you speak of. How do you explain the mom n pop stores in (urban) BK selling Jordans (in the late 90's) for insane prices before the current state of sneakers and the impact of suburban consumers? And they weren't selling to suburban kids as much as it was the local urban kids that lived nearby or people-in-the-know (existing sneakerheads).

This is before the current existing reselling subculture as well.

Last edited:
Small scale perhaps with moms and pops, which are a minority ,plus the mark ups were minor, but thats a drop in the bucket.
I see what your saying,and youre correct to a degree, but I dont believe its so much that ,as it is suburbs.

Got to agree social media indefinitely plays a big part in the big picture.

Last edited:
if it weren't for social media there wouldnt be so many resellers ...
If it wasn't for the social media creating a huge demand, we wouldn't have resellers but also probably wouldn't see a lot of retro'ed Jordans.

If the 2009 Space Jam Jordan 11's (and other hyped shoes after that) flopped hard, I think Nike would be very reluctant to bring out more retro shoes since there was no demand.

Social Media Hype is a both a good and bad thing.

Tomorrow is Wait for The UPS, USPS, FED-EX and DHL Guy/Girl Day....

My UPS Driver is a MILF, I know that Indo Smoke Smacks Her in the face when i answer the door! 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
"Can it be that it was all so simple then!?"

Guess its just what it is, really no point in pointing fingers, but seeing the current state, makes it hard not to.

Last edited:
Would you take the SB or Frags over this? View media item 1612902

i'd take these in a heartbeat

Ditto. I've got the 01 Royals and love them.
Clean, Cut ,and Dry, the suburbs are the reason resellers are thriving now in days.
Latest example,
Sbb1s at $400+,thats crazy , cant knock the reseller(burbs or urban), if people willing to get handled on price, line them pockets then, but in turn its a trickle down effect. Thats because then every semi sought after retro becomes a paycheck, and the sneaks aint falling in the hands of those who truly want em, more often they fall in the hands of those out to profit, or just plain old trending.

Nah man it's called the internets.

Small scale perhaps with moms and pops, which are a minority ,plus the mark ups were minor, but thats a drop in the bucket.
I see what your saying,and youre correct to a degree, but I dont believe its so much that ,as it is suburbs.

I used the mom n pops reference to show the inflated price has always been around in some fashion (small or large scale) before social media resellers and the suburban impact.

From my perspective, mom n pops stores have usually charged above box price, especially for limited Jordans/Nikes. They would command 3x the box price for limited kicks weeks/months in advance, and still $40-60 over box price the day of release and after.

I understand your viewpoint, i just feel its more of small section in the overall state of what's wrong with the game.

I used the mom n pops reference to show the inflated price has always been around in some fashion (small or large scale) before social media resellers and the suburban impact.

From my perspective, mom n pops stores have usually charged above box price, especially for limited Jordans/Nikes. They would command 3x the box price for limited kicks weeks/months in advance, and still $40-60 over box price the day of release and after.

I understand your viewpoint, i just feel its more of small section in the overall state of what's wrong with the game.
Old head...34 here. I remember mark up was to grab early, at least in L.A., and then normal price when the official RD hit.

Mom n pops use to have soooo many steals. $29-$49 retros. 

Is this a scam?

I'm doing an PP invoice deal from an ebay seller. I gave him my PP email and he sent me this to my email but nothing is showing up in my PP account.
Scam

look at the email it came from

i bet it's not paypal email but they CC they in the email to make it look that way

scam

Is this a scam?

I'm doing an PP invoice deal from an ebay seller. I gave him my PP email and he sent me this to my email but nothing is showing up in my PP account.
Scam. Always go by what your actual Paypal account says. Not what someone sends you in an email.

Back
Top Bottom