Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

The leather quality on these looks perhaps the best of any 1 since the Banned and RTTG. Maybe better even? I think that's driving the hype too. Bottom line is when the Knicks dropped not many of the newer generation cared about 1's. At this point Nike has set it up for maximum demand. Jeters, frags, DSM, NYC, Chicago's.... Almost all of these have been limited and the perception of how limited these are has the resellers buying out FSRs and everyone fearing the worst.

FWIW, I don't think FTA's allocation necessarily means these are super limited, or any more so than Chicago's were at least. With Eastbay, FTL and FA all under one umbrella, allocations arent consistent on every release. FTA isn't that company's most prestigious brand. Looks like a good amount of HOH will have them. I'm starting to think this release may be on par with Black/White or Shadow numbers.
For what it's worth I spoke to an employee today at the HOH in the Galleria here in Houston and he told me they have 18 pairs of these...by comparison he told me they had roughly 100 of the Chicagos...so I think these are going to be pretty tough to get!!  

Yah i think the boxy toebox pics im seeing are prob fakes. I expect the retail pairs to be fine.

The leather quality on these looks perhaps the best of any 1 since the Banned and RTTG. Maybe better even? I think that's driving the hype too. Bottom line is when the Knicks dropped not many of the newer generation cared about 1's. At this point Nike has set it up for maximum demand. Jeters, frags, DSM, NYC, Chicago's.... Almost all of these have been limited and the perception of how limited these are has the resellers buying out FSRs and everyone fearing the worst.

FWIW, I don't think FTA's allocation necessarily means these are super limited, or any more so than Chicago's were at least. With Eastbay, FTL and FA all under one umbrella, allocations arent consistent on every release. FTA isn't that company's most prestigious brand. Looks like a good amount of HOH will have them. I'm starting to think this release may be on par with Black/White or Shadow numbers.

For what it's worth I spoke to an employee today at the HOH in the Galleria here in Houston and he told me they have 18 pairs of these...by comparison he told me they had roughly 100 of the Chicagos...so I think these are going to be pretty tough to get!!  
You may well be right. It just seems to me that Nike is having some issues with inventory beyond preventing bot purchases. The last few weeks have been a mess. Where are the white pinnacles? No communication on those. Later than usual info rolling in on these. Quite a different look to yesterday's release with Nike stores getting way more inventory than usual. It's hard to really tell what's going on but I can't remember a time like the last month over the past 5-10 years.

Last edited:

they bsn i bet...

all of those who say these will be easy cop or not very limited i look forward to speaking this sadderday

i have 0 chance, being as no store within 100 miles getting them.

Any charlotte folks in here?,I'm thinking about driving up to southpark HOH,are they pretty straight foward with the sweepstakes?

You may well be right. It just seems to me that Nike is having some issues with inventory beyond preventing bot purchases. The last few weeks have been a mess. Where are the white pinnacles? No communication on those. Later than usual info rolling in on these. Quite a different look to yesterday's release with Nike stores getting way more inventory than usual. It's hard to really tell what's going on but I can't remember a time like the last month over the past 5-10 years.

This. Repped!!!!!

Any charlotte folks in here?,I'm thinking about driving up to southpark HOH,are they pretty straight foward with the sweepstakes?
how far are you driving

edit. 

just saw your username and realized you're coming from da burg!  put it like this man.  HOH Southpark is getting a full size run. thats a big volume store.  we have nfl players and nba players that frequent that store and spend thousands a month.  we also have regulars that show up/camp twice a month for Js.

do you really think you're gonna show up for the first time and win THESE?

Last edited:
@trappedintime

Confirming that online releases have been shipped to stores.

Chicagos are still a mystery and I can't that info out the homie to save my life.

Walk into your local NT and they have 2 months of J releases in stock IF you ask. 

I hope you're right!!   I got the Chicago's...would love to get these too!
every person u ask in that store is gonna give u a different answer...your best bet is to send a sexy chick in there to ask a male worker...theyll give out the real number then...they had over 250+ chis gs + adult....

ill see what number they give me tomorrow...or the sexy chick rather...lol

if they really have 18 pairs, they wont be calling anyone...very doubtful though...

Last edited:

every person u ask in that store is gonna give u a different answer...your best bet is to send a sexy chick in there to ask a male worker...theyll give out the real number then...they had over 250+ chis gs + adult....

ill see what number they give me tomorrow...or the sexy chick rather...lol

if they really have 18 pairs though, they wont be calling anyone...very doubtful though...
I'll be interested to hear what they tell you!!  I'm bummed that none of the FTA's are getting these in Houston...that's where I've had all my luck winning raffles for 1's!!  I copped the Chicago's and Black and whites from them!

^^yea this release isnt looking good for the H...no one is gonna get a call from northline so that's a scratch....pretty much up to baybrook, gallo, mem city, and willow....

if gallo has 18 pairs, dont expect a call from any of these places either unfortunately...

^^yea this release isnt looking good for the H...no one is gonna get a call from northline so that's a scratch....pretty much up to baybrook, gallo, mem city, and willow....

if gallo has 18 pairs, dont expect a call from any of these places either unfortunately...
I called Baybrook today and one of their employee's told me they weren't getting them...this was before I the release locator today.  The release locator for the Chicago's said Baybrook was doing a raffle so I drove all the way down from West Houston and they told me they were doing FCFS when I got there!!  So something seems bizarre there to me!

@trappedintime

Confirming that online releases have been shipped to stores.

Chicagos are still a mystery and I can't that info out the homie to save my life.

Walk into your local NT and they have 2 months of J releases in stock IF you ask. 
2 months meaning a lot or the next two months of releases are already sitting in their stock room?

If the new strategy is to push large amounts to big cities, that helps curb part of the problem but everyone in smaller cities is going to be the ones hurting. I think the reality is that the cities with Nike stores also have large numbers of sneakerheads and high secondary resale markets. I can't really see it being an effective strategy unless this is just them plugging the hole until they launch a new/modified ecommerce platform. Bottom line is I'm going to get as many entries into NTSF as I can for this one.

I called Baybrook today and one of their employee's told me they weren't getting them...this was before I the release locator today.  The release locator for the Chicago's said Baybrook was doing a raffle so I drove all the way down from West Houston and they told me they were doing FCFS when I got there!!  So something seems bizarre there to me!

I called Baybrook and heard the same thing. Northline is always shady... Haven't heard from Shiekh Galleria, will stop by tomorrow during lunch.

Its looking like my chances of owning these again, are like 1%. Just going to have to pray that someone feels the need to do a good deed for me this weekend. Australia sucks for releases!

Last edited:

anyone know which FNL or Shoepalace getting these in SOCAL? 
san diego but someone told me that works at shoepalace that they will not be dropping these but your best bet is hollywood but be careful lot of locals you dont want to **** with the wrong group trust me this release will bring the worst out of everyone. you thought the concords were bad **** you have no idea 

2 months meaning a lot or the next two months of releases are already sitting in their stock room?

If the new strategy is to push large amounts to big cities, that helps curb part of the problem but everyone in smaller cities is going to be the ones hurting. I think the reality is that the cities with Nike stores also have large numbers of sneakerheads and high secondary resale markets. I can't really see it being an effective strategy unless this is just them plugging the hole until they launch a new/modified ecommerce platform. Bottom line is I'm going to get as many entries into NTSF as I can for this one.
past 2 months.

"A new hack pops up everyday so Nike is just tired of the complaints"

Dont expect a Jordan release online for a while.

san diego but someone told me that works at shoepalace that they will not be dropping these but your best bet is hollywood but be careful lot of locals you dont want to **** with the wrong group trust me this release will bring the worst out of everyone. you thought the concords were bad **** you have no idea 
huh?

Back
Top Bottom