Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

shout out to n00bs on here asking for oops, then changing their mind after i take my time and effort to help them out. this why i don't do things like that for members i don't know. just a word of advice...

life is about relationships and without ur word, u have nothing but burnt bridges, lol good luck in the future tho. :lol:

:smh:

Exact reason why I only help/oop member's i know. JJ has a lame return policy too.

Last edited:
shout out to n00bs on here asking for oops, then changing their mind after i take my time and effort to help them out. this why i don't do things like that for members i don't know. just a word of advice...

life is about relationships and without ur word, u have nothing but burnt bridges, lol good luck in the future tho.
laugh.gif
Damn.. Hopefully you were able to return it if not resell for more than what you paid.

Angelus Varsity is definetly darker than the 2013 bred red. But its closer to Banned 1s red. If I had my banned's here with me instead of storage at my parents house I would compare. But I honestly I like the darker color for the reason that they have that Banned 1 kind of color. My complain about the 2013 breds always was that they did look a bit more on the orange red side. 

Last edited:

Angelus Varsity is definetly darker than the 2013 bred red. But its closer to Banned 1s red. If I had my banned's here with me instead of storage at my parents house I would compare. But I honestly I like the darker color for the reason that they have that Banned 1 kind of color. My complain about the 2013 breds always was that they did look a bit more on the orange red side. 
I think I'm going to make it redder. It looks a little maroon to me. I'll compare it to my chicago 1s til I get the right color.

I really hope these hit Nike outlets in the next month or two so I can grab another pair on the cheap. Never got connected with a Size 11 via the $109 JJ deal, so I've held off on buying another pair to customize.

life is about relationships and without ur word, u have nothing but burnt bridges, lol good luck in the future tho. :lol:

that real lame for whoever it was that weaseled out after bro spent his cash...JJ doesn't even accept return's on discounted items too if im not mistaken

You guys know you could use a fine tip acrylic paint pen to fill in the wings logo on the side. its really good if you arent that good at using a paint brush

Ill post pictures of my whole process tonight.

This was after i applied matte finisher. It made the shoe glossier... They shouldnt even call it matte finisher.
tumblr_np4o1muXa71rt3o0ro1_500.jpg

This was after i touched it up with some different matte products. Its verrry close to factory. I also dyed the soles.
tumblr_np4o1muXa71rt3o0ro2_500.jpg

This was after i applied matte finisher. It made the shoe glossier... They shouldnt even call it matte finisher.

wings look way better than mine 
laugh.gif

What kind of laces are y'all using? Waxed, unwaxed, etc

The matte finisher is supposed to protect the paint right?
Everyone here seems to say that it made their shoes look glossy.
Anyone just not apply the finisher and leave it as is? Is that a bad idea?

The matte finisher is supposed to protect the paint right?
Everyone here seems to say that it made their shoes look glossy.
Anyone just not apply the finisher and leave it as is? Is that a bad idea?
Yeah the paint can run off when it's wet.

This was after i touched it up with some different matte products. Its verrry close to factory. I also dyed the soles.
So you applied a different finisher on top of the angelus matte?

Yeah. Someone mentioned a few post back they applied krylon matte finisher on it after they applied the angelus finisher. If you do use the krylon matte spray only do 1-2 coats...

Nice work man!!

Better pix of the shade of red. Just added orange to varsity red. Just kept adding orange until it looked close. I didn't bump up the saturation, just a lil bump on contrast. In person it looks pretty close

IMG_7849 by Kevin Reduta, on Flickr

How many layers of paint are you guys applying to the tongue and sock liner before you are satisfied with the level of saturation? Just curious

I'm at 2 right now and about to apply a 3rd.

How many layers of paint are you guys applying to the tongue and sock liner before you are satisfied with the level of saturation? Just curious

I'm at 2 right now and about to apply a 3rd.

3 coats should do the trick. The tongues on my pair are jet black.

still need to do some work on them but man that wings logo was annoying.
sick.gif

I have the matte finisher but i dont wanna put it on.

Back
Top Bottom