Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Would there be any benefit from dyeing the leather before you paint it? I'm concerned with wearability. I'm still in the planning phase and don't want to eff up a pair practicing. I want to keep 1 pair in laser form...

Last edited:
Would there be any benefit from dyeing the leather before you paint it? I'm concerned with wearability. I'm still in the planning phase and don't want to eff up a pair practicing. I want to keep 1 pair in laser form...
Not sure what you mean. Dye it with what before painting ? Watch either or both of these vids to give yourself a heads up on what to expect.

Not really. I mean you could dye it then paint it. But your main concerns will be to prepare the leather before painting as best as possible with the deglazer and preparer (or alternatively you could use acetone), and then use a finisher to seal the paint. Sealing the paint is what will prevent the paint from cracking, and stop minor scratches and scuff marks from damaging the paint.

Not really. I mean you could dye it then paint it. But your main concerns will be to prepare the leather before painting as best as possible with the deglazer and preparer (or alternatively you could use acetone), and then use a finisher to seal the paint. Sealing the paint is what will prevent the paint from cracking, and stop minor scratches and scuff marks from damaging the paint.
Yeah, the plan was to dye before painting but if the sealer prevents what I'm concerned about then no need. Waiting to see the results of duo's wear test cuz if I can't rock care free I don't know if ill go through with it..

Angelus Direct Memorial Day Sale Promos

$5 off $30 with code 5OFF30
$15 off $75 with code 15OFF75
$20 off $100 with code 20OFF100

Ends 5/25/15 11:59PM PST.

Thought it might be useful here.

Not sure what you mean. Dye it with what before painting ? Watch either or both of these vids to give yourself a heads up on what to expect.
Meaning dye the leather black and then paint it black. Im concerned with cracking and such. I need to wear these if I customize them...

Last edited:
Not sure if this'll help, but this is the response video about doing the inner lining

Last edited:
Another custom I've come across. This time it's a Chicago CW with a red tongue, the lasering in black and a white outline Bulls logo. Not sure about this, I think Black laces would be a great improvement. 

Another custom I've come across. This time it's a Chicago CW with a red tongue, the lasering in black and a white outline Bulls logo. Not sure about this, I think Black laces would be a great improvement. 
The tongue should've been left white instead of pink. And yeah I agree black laces would be better.

The details are great... But should've made the laces and tongue OG

Anyways I've decided I need another pair of lasers to make a back up pair of royals but now I can't find any 14s at a good price.

Shamelessly bought a second pair at my Jimmy Jazz for $109. Probably should've waited while I was gone for college when I ordered my first pair instead of paying 150 from ebay lol.

Back
Top Bottom