Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

This shoe mockup is clearly a pre 2019 mold. Look at how poorly the spacing of the toe guard is to the midsole and sole flares. At least the 2019s got that right.

IMG_6126.jpeg

IMG_6127.jpeg

I’m on such a cold streak on snkrs..I did get exclusive a chess in the Thunder 4s..the bred 4s were the last sneaker I hit on release day, while I was at work..my 2019 pair is in Greta condition, but maybe I try for these next year..just cause

Makes 0 sense considering there wasn’t ever a OG Bred 4 with a proper leather upper like this.. so what would be the “story” here?
They’re taking the OG and “reimagining” it. It’s not going to be or look exactly like the OG. So to his question, the summit white/off white color is to make it look aged.

So summit white is an off white color. I guess these will have a slight aged look?

The reimagined gimmick with these is supposed to be premium leather based on previous speculation, which should mean the revision detail on these is differing material from the default form.

I believe that summit white colorization will apply to the midsoles to give that part of the shoe an aged look.

As I stated before based on prior history with the reimagined shoes, most of the black-based Jordans had a material revision, whereas the white-based Jordans had an aged look.

They’re taking the OG and “reimagining” it. It’s not going to be or look exactly like the OG. So to his question, the summit white/off white color is to make it look aged.
Yeah I understand that.

What I’ve seen of the “reimagined” series isn’t “reimagining” what the shoe could be made of or the shape, or improving it in some way.

In the case of the WC3’s, they were meant to look like an aged OG pair, down to the elephant print used.

So I suppose we have to decide-

Earlier in this thread someone said that putting leather on the upper means they’re literally “reimagined” as in they’re new and fresh / updated.

Now it seems the point trying to be made is that off white / aged look and trying to make them pass off as an OG pair that’s been in a closet is what “reimagined” is.

So it cannot be both, it makes no sense. Which is it?

Makes 0 sense considering there wasn’t ever a OG Bred 4 with a proper leather upper like this.. so what would be the “story” here?
I mean look at the reimagined AJ 1 black/blue. They went in a completely different direction with materials compared to the chicagos. I’m not familiar with much of the back story (not sure if there’s more)to the 4 other than tinkers response to designing the 4 from the 3. So maybe we’ll get some kind of info related to possible sample materials? I’m hoping we get something other than just a materials difference and labeling them reimagined. If these have the black Nubuck thats on the reimagined black/blue, I’ll be down. But if it’s a regular leather like in these mock ups, i’m not so sure. And of course they have to be using the shape found on the sb IV. If these dont have the sb iv shape or better, it doesn’t matter the material choice or story because I’ll be out for sure.

Yeah I understand that.

What I’ve seen of the “reimagined” series isn’t “reimagining” what the shoe could be made of or the shape, or improving it in some way.

In the case of the WC3’s, they were meant to look like an aged OG pair, down to the elephant print used.

So I suppose we have to decide-

Earlier in this thread someone said that putting leather on the upper means they’re literally “reimagined” as in they’re new and fresh / updated.

Now it seems the point trying to be made is that off white / aged look and trying to make them pass off as an OG pair that’s been in a closet is what “reimagined” is.

So it cannot be both, it makes no sense. Which is it?
Reimagined could literally mean anything with Nike lol. It could be one, the other, or both. It’s however they want to spin it. Just like what was mentioned with Royal 1s. Reimagined isn’t an either/or standard unless Nike came out and said specifically that’s what it is.

Reimagined could literally mean anything with Nike lol. It could be one, the other, or both. It’s however they want to spin it. Just like what was mentioned with Royal 1s. Reimagined isn’t an either/or standard unless Nike came out and said specifically that’s what it is.
:lol:

So it’s just a money grab label they put on retro’s now? Here I am actually thinking it meant something, or anything.

So it’s just a money grab label they put on retro’s now? Here I am actually thinking it meant something, or anything.
Thought that was kind of clear? Remember when they used to label the retros “remastered” back in looe 2015-2016? Came with a price increase too. :lol:

Now slated to release during All-Star Weekend, February 17, 2024 to be specific, according to this one.

All Star in my city (Indianapolis) and these releasing then? Nice! Hope Nike and/or NBA Store (Lids/Fanatics is in town) does some sort of pop-up because we ain't got **** for retailers in Indy, especially downtown. We got Corporate Got Em and nothing else within 15 miles of downtown. Downtown mall is deader than dead.

Thought that was kind of clear? Remember when they used to label the retros “remastered” back in looe 2015-2016? Came with a price increase too. :lol:
JB gon JB I guess

I don’t follow as closely as I used to, I was under the impression that the reimagined shoes were OG’s done as close as possible to an OG pair or sample that often came with a story of some sort.

Yeah summit white is used on the reimagined 3s to give them the aged look. I was hoping they would do the same here honestly.

The shape is going to be the selling point on these. The “ premium” leather makes me nervous. I want to love these.

I was under the impression that the reimagined shoes were OG’s done as close as possible to an OG pair or sample that often came with a story of some sort.

Nah you def had it twisted. :lol: As mentioned it's as simple as the word "reimagine". It can literally mean anything....any tweak to an existing OG colorway.

Reimagined literally means making the same shoe a little different . Reimagined is not a specified theme...why do we make everything so difficult to understand or try to find deeper meaning behind simple marketing methods. 😂

The shoe game is not some deep introspective part of society that heals and maintains peace throughout the world . Like Jadakiss recently said

It's just rubber and glue 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom