Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

caught myself daydreaming about the shape of the 3 and how far its drifted from what it actually was over the years.
did a mockup of what the reimagined 3 would look like if I had a say. it would be so much fun to give direction on samples.

retail photo first, my mockup photo is second.

air-jordan-footwear-air-jordan-3-retro-white-cement-reimagined-men-s-29360640098400_2048x.jpg
jordan 3 sdfsdfsdfsdfxxx.jpg

shorter tongue, in addition to higher heel:
the tongue shouldn't be higher than the heel on a 3... ever.
the heel height has gotten shorter and shorter over the years.

smaller elephant print on the toe box:
elephent print height on the toe needs to almost match the white upper of the sole on the toe. releases throughout the 2010's had the toe elephant print looking like an air force 1.

theres other nitpicky things outside of these things... but this is the stuff JB still can't quite figure out imo. the most important things they get wrong with the 3 imho.

Last edited:
caught myself daydreaming about the shape of the 3 and how far its drifted from what it actually was over the years.
did a mockup of what the reimagined 3 would look like if I had a say. it would be so much fun to give direction on samples.

air-jordan-footwear-air-jordan-3-retro-white-cement-reimagined-men-s-29360640098400_2048x.jpg

elephent print height on the toe needs to almost match the white upper of the sole on the toe. releases throughout the 2010's had the toe elephant print looking like an air force 1.

theres other nitpicky things outside of these things... but this is the stuff JB still can't quite figure out imo. the most important things they get wrong with the 3 imho.
It had drifted A LOT further away for many years. The reimagined shape is not perfect but I personally have no complaints. We have bigger fish to fry when it comes to complaints about shape (4, 9, 12).

That high heel is so beautiful… I imagine they will eventually execute them correctly but it won’t be anytime soon

It had drifted A LOT further away for many years. The reimagined shape is not perfect but I personally have no complaints. We have bigger fish to fry when it comes to complaints about shape (4, 9, 12).

really? I disagree wholeheartedly.
the 3 that exists today is basically an entirely different iteration of what it originally was.... including the reimagined's. its a different shoe.

the gap between modern 3's and the og is larger than on any "authentic" to it's fake in nike release history. read that again.
pretty much all retro 3's are basically ugly fakes. don't get me wrong... i have two pairs of the reimagined 3's. i'll take what we can get.

but the point remains.... 3's aren't close to the 88 version. compared to any other retro. and it's sad.

the 88 version also had terrible quality control and cuts of leather for the ankle and tongue are cut to different sizes. They aren’t consistent. It was still a cheap, mass produced shoe. It’s not wildly different today. Nike has been in the business of producing cheap crap since their inception.

Going back to end of the world stuff - if you had to bounce from the house, which shoes you wearing?

Mind you it has to be comfortable for long journeys yet durable enough to survive the trek....

the 88 version also had terrible quality control and cuts of leather for the ankle and tongue are cut to different sizes. They aren’t consistent. It was still a cheap, mass produced shoe. It’s not wildly different today. Nike has been in the business of producing cheap crap since their inception.

you're right. i've seen og 88's on ebay that have patterns that look like a toddler cut. inconsistent.

But, the important parts.... are important.
its a joke when people at a brand arent skilled enough to recognize the important aspects of their brand.
and then said brand turns around and wants to get on their high horse about fakes.

in the modern world, any single person can coordinate with asian factories and produce more desirable releases than jb based on knowledge, skill, and capital. It could be done.
legal roadblocks aside.

I never owned a pair of the OGs, so mark me down as part of the “Idgaf about the height of the retros” team.

then wear reps for a fraction of the price.
clearly you're wearing jordans because you're influenced to. and not by mj.

Last edited:
I dunno man, in the grand scheme of atrocities Nike releases, these seem like a breath of fresh air. Burgundy 5’s are an atrocity. These are pretty good so I’d start with at least 7-8 other models they’ve made a lot cheaper than 3’s.

you're gonna compare burgundy 5's to white cement 3's talking about "in the grand scheme of things"?

get tfoh
One shoe looks like a blatant fake of a previous shoe, the other shoe looks the best it has in 35 years. So yeah, in the grand scheme of things complaining about this shoe and how it turned out is a huge joke to me.

who gives a flying f*ck about burgundy 5's.
free throw line 3's or what are we even talking about? get your priorities straight.

wish i could say i'm glad you're appeased with "the best in 35 years"... even though its not good enough.
but i can't.

who gives a flying **** about burgundy 5's.
free throw line 3's or what are we even talking about? get your priorities straight.

wish i could say i'm glad you're appeased with "the best in 35 years"... even though its not good enough.
but i can't.
My point was pretty clear. Go around to every other thread saying the same stuff if you’re on the quality mission in 2023 🤣

This shoe isn’t a good example of them butchering a shoe. There’s literally dozens of better examples that have released in the last two years alone.

you're right. i've seen og 88's on ebay that have patterns that look like a toddler cut. inconsistent.

But, the important parts.... are important.
its a joke when people at a brand arent skilled enough to recognize the important aspects of their brand.
and then said brand turns around and wants to get on their high horse about fakes.

in the modern world, any single person can coordinate with asian factories and produce more desirable releases than jb based on knowledge, skill, and capital. It could be done.
legal roadblocks aside.

Cause MJ was definitely wearing low tongue 3s right?
1692723505729.png

1692723555666.png

1692723600757.png

My point was pretty clear. Go around to every other thread saying the same stuff if you’re on the quality mission in 2023 🤣

This shoe isn’t a good example of them butchering a shoe. There’s literally dozens of better examples that have released in the last two years alone.

the point wasn't that this is a good example of them butchering a shoe.
the point was that they have butchered the 3 since 94 more than any other model. and its true.

these are on foot photos. photos of 88's are well established. do your googles fam.
i'm not wrong.
You're wrong. Game worn Jordan 3s from the slam dunk contest:
1000002694.png

General production shoes were different from what MJ wore. Seems like you care about what you saw in a magazine rather than what MJ actually played in.

Says the guy who joined NT 14 years after me. lol. Look, I’m not ashamed to say that I didn’t buy my first pair of Jordans (Concord 11s) until 2000, after I graduated and started working. 5 kids in my family, so my parents couldn’t afford to buy us Jordans growing up. Absolutely nuts to insinuate that I’m some sort of bandwagon fan who only started collecting Jordans after the Last Dance came out. Nice try though.

Again, I’m rarely the type to ***** about the elephant print, height of the shoe, etc, because I wear all my joints, not stare at them in the box like some virgin.

shorter tongue, in addition to higher heel:

smaller elephant print on the toe box:

Ill take the top (retail) pair anyday. Dont care how it compared to the og shape, top looks tons better. Yall want anything OG to the tee even if it doesnt look as good. Short *** tongue, im already short in alot of other places now yall want the tongue short too.

Back
Top Bottom