Jordan 5 "Pro Stars" - June 6, 2015

These are ultimate hypebeast shoe

"Lets take 8 different ugly *** colors and put em all on one shoe, uhhhhhh the V, people like the V. "

"Hell lets even have one super ugly green fade into another color that totally doesnt go with it"

These are ultimate hypebeast shoe

"Lets take 8 different ugly *** colors and put em all on one shoe, uhhhhhh the V, people like the V. "

"Hell lets even have one super ugly green fade into another color that totally doesnt go with it"
How can they be the "ultimate hypebeast" shoe, when hardly anyone wants them?  

These have zero hype...which is great.  Easy swoop. 

Bel Air's, let's design a sneaker after The Fresh Prince, even though the colors vaguely have any similarity with said show and make it limited.

Yep, not hypebeast material at all :lol:

Again

I didnt attack you

I attacked your favorite ugly shoes

The bel airs were hypebeast as well. But at least people wanted them.

For me, a hypebeast shoe is an ugly shoe they put out, knowing resellers and beasts for a particular model wil buyy it without question.

The one guy got it right when he said "thats my opinion" without attacking it.

I like both. Glad (Hope) these are an easy cop Sat.

Just wish Bel Airs weren't as extremely limited as they were.

I think if these released any other time they would be instant sellout. Just too much stuff dropping.

Again

I didnt attack you

I attacked your favorite ugly shoes

The bel airs were hypebeast as well. But at least people wanted them.

For me, a hypebeast shoe is an ugly shoe they put out, knowing resellers and beasts for a particular model wil buyy it without question.

The one guy got it right when he said "thats my opinion" without attacking it.

Well, IMO, these are far from ugly. I love the neon green/infrared combo.

So for my part i would modify your definition of hype beast by replacing 'ugly' with 'showy' or 'flashy'. IMO "hype beast" can take two forms: a shoe that is tied to some gimmick like "N7" or "Space Jam" or some other cultural icon to give them more flash-appeal, and/or shoes with gaudy, flashy, bright colors, etc. meant to appeal to a more juvenile/teenage mindset.

Like mine at times, even though i am old, lol.

Last edited:
Got a call back from KicksUSA, pair is officially locked for Saturday 
nthat.gif

my connect called not too long ago to ask if i wanted these. i told him i was good, but to lock me in for them 13 lows the following week. :lol:

seems theyll sit. still may try buying in person and if theyre at ntny buy them on swoosh and return the retail pair

Should be easy as I click add to cart tmoro morning on nike. Not stressing, these are the only shoes I ever get online.

How can they be the "ultimate hypebeast" shoe, when hardly anyone wants them?  

These have zero hype...which is great.  Easy swoop. 
Lol.....Stores are raffling these in my area (Yes, I'm dead serious). People are buying this slew of trash releases up this year.

Lol.....Stores are raffling these in my area (Yes, I'm dead serious). People are buying this slew of trash releases up this year.
Some feel like they need to own every release, me I just want the Hares (suppose to be on the way)?, Chicago 1s, Shattered Backboards (like them and wanted to try for them but...), the Bordeaux 7s, Sweater 7s, the Three Peat 8s, and the UNC 1s.

Last edited:
Can't get down with the notion of if a shoe sits, it's whack.

There's plenty of dope kicks that I can walk into any footlocker and find sitting on the shelf.

Yeah, i think that's terrible  
mean.gif
    i like these, but i'm trying to chill this month on pick ups
nerd.gif

Good luck this weekend, should be a walk in the park ... but who knows these days

good luck to those trying to get these. they should be easily attainable, my Champs which gets nothing got 40 pairs of these

Can't get down with the notion of if a shoe sits, it's whack.
I agree, and I have ALWAYS bought what I want, not what others think is dope. That's why I copped those Navy 5s that came out a month ago and you can still cop them online for retail. Those were cold product, few liked them, but I do and am glad I have them. I will feel the same about these if they sit as well. And that's why I didn't try to cop the Hare 7s or Chicago Is. The consensus is those are very dope, classic shoes, but they don't do it for me so I made no effort to get them.

STILL, I must confess that I do feel disappointed when a shoe I cop sits. It's more fun for me when I cop a shoe that is high-demand, like the Bred  and Georgetown 11 lows that recently dropped. Call me silly, but that is just more thrilling, more of a sense of an accomplishment when demand is high.

I guess while the main reason I cop Jordans is because I like them, there is a "thrill of the chase" factor for me as well, a sense that I got something few others have, and when the shoe sits that aspect is lost.

I have always felt that if I was some rap star or star athlete, and didn't have to scramble for Js because Nike would send me whatever I wanted any time I want, collecting Js would lose a bit of its lustre.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom