Jordan 11, Gym Red, White, Black "Win Like 96" 12/09/2017 (Links on 1st post)

Some of y’all think because you didn’t buy the shoes it didn’t do well. However you guys are not thinking about the people taking YOUR place. See that’s the interesting thing about sneakers it’s why some of us have so much money invested in our collections, when YOU leave someone is ready to take your spot. You know how many moms could actually purchase this shoe for there kid?

You couldn’t even put the word parent and 11 together in the past. A mom stopped me on the escalator and said “I see you got your shoes” and I was like yeah what about you, she said “this is the first time I’ve been able to get my son Christmas 11s”.

You guys are missing the bigger picture. Everything sells, but just because it does not merit a sell out does not mean they “missed the mark”. The resell on these sneakers will be more decent than 11s from the past.

73B665FF-96CC-4F43-8A16-FE75C534A01E.gif

Hold on.

This logical is escaping me.

Y’all dudes too fashion forward for an old timer like me.

To be honest, the NTdenim crowd is going to buy whatever holiday 11 comes out.. JB could make a Volt holiday 11 cw and it would sellout because the 11 is a holiday staple.

To be honest, the NTdenim crowd is going to buy whatever holiday 11 comes out.. JB could make a Volt Holiday 11 cw and it would sellout because the 11 is a holiday staple.

I get that.

I think what’s throwing me off about it is the shoe is actually a GOOD sneaker lol..

Like honestly if it was trash I would be right with you guys... however this shoe is actually nice so it’s like damn? Why the hate? I get the whole red is done blah blah but you can’t say the shoe is wack right

So lemme say this.

The concords will sell out faster than these? I doubt it, why? Because they pump the production for 11s now... if they wanted to actually create hype around this shoe it would have been easy they could of just made them limited but why make them limited when they know that the shoe will SELL OUT eventually regardless if you buy it or not... parents gonna be scooping them up.

And don’t base your opinions on euro stock. I copped a second pair of black and red 11s a week later on sneaker bass...back in the day.

Some of y’all think because you didn’t buy the shoes it didn’t do well. However you guys are not thinking about the people taking YOUR place. See that’s the interesting thing about sneakers it’s why some of us have so much money invested in our collections, when YOU leave someone is ready to take your spot. You know how many moms could actually purchase this shoe for there kid?

You couldn’t even put the word parent and 11 together in the past. A mom stopped me on the escalator and said “I see you got your shoes” and I was like yeah what about you, she said “this is the first time I’ve been able to get my son Christmas 11s”.

You guys are missing the bigger picture. Everything sells, but just because it does not merit a sell out does not mean they “missed the mark”. The resell on these sneakers will be more decent than 11s from the past.

GR Jordans (especially 11s) are, and always have been, primarily a commoner’s shoe that some of us sneakerheads appreciate as well. I guarantee you, half of the people buying holiday 11s don’t know who/what the Off-White collab is or what Kith is. Look at the old videos of all the idiots shopping for 11s-none of those fools are on NT or r/streetwear.

what happened??? :nerd:
im not really hip to shoe news these days as i used to

Adidas basically tried to release Beluga V2s in GR stock #s. They still sold out but resale is only $100-$150 over retail, which is insane for a Yeezy 350 and is killing hype for the shoes (as 350s were primarily seen as an aspirational product).

I get that.

I think what’s throwing me off about it is the shoe is actually a GOOD sneaker lol..

Like honestly if it was trash I would be right with you guys... however this shoe is actually nice so it’s like damn? Why the hate? I get the whole red is done blah blah but you can’t say the shoe is wack right

These are an objectively unoffensive cw, I’m not sure what the hate is tbh (although, they would look MUCH better with a black liner).

I 100% agree these should have released a few years ago before there were tons of all red (or primarily red) shoes released (including many by JB themselves).

First off tip of the hat for the festiv socks, are you a white guy or black guy. I only ask because I'm sure some of the students weren't expecting you to have such heat on at school.

Students: "Yo check out the professor with the new red XI's. I see you professor."

Personally, mine won't be seeing the light of day until at least next Christmas.

Great isn't that wonderful news, just what I want to hear. Past releases this year have been great, they may not be the ones people want but either way I loved the easy pick ups.

No disrespect at all lol. I am a white dude "the one in my photo." I work in the business office and help out with getting out student placed after they finish their degrees. It's funny because I have people ask me if I was adopted because I don't follow what some students call "the causcasion dress code." I have fun with it though.

"commoners shoe" is my favorite NT phrase :rofl:

I mean it’s true-you can’t sell literally 1 million of the exact same cw of a shoe and say it’s exclusive to sneakerheads/people into sneaker culture... It’s also not necessarily a bad thing that the product connects with so many people but, at the same time, it won’t turn any heads at a sneakercon, for example, since so many people will have them.

Adidas basically tried to release Beluga V2s in GR stock #s. They still sold out but resale is only $100-$150 over retail, which is insane for a Yeezy 350 and is killing hype for the shoes (as 350s were primarily seen as an aspirational product).

The question is if hype pays the bills or selling a GR amount of shoes? I think the hype has been established, now they can put out a GR-level of shoes at every release to get some $$$. Does the mass public think Yeezys are a desireable shoe?

It’s really only resellers complaining about shoes not being as limited anymore :lol:

Hypebeasts definitely care about this. Yeezys were the go to shoe and not so much anymore... I never understood why Hypebeasts didn’t just wear high fashion shoes that are $1k+ retail since the high retail price tag keeps “broke bois” (as they call everyone else) out.

So is it fair to say that most people buying Yeezys are hypebeasts? Because it seems like when they aren’t limited they don’t like them?

Hypebeasts definitely care about this. Yeezys were the go to shoe and not so much anymore... I never understood why Hypebeasts didn’t just wear high fashion shoes that are $1k+ retail since the high retail price tag keeps “broke bois” (as they call everyone else) out.

Because no one would know what the high fashion shoe is and they can't stunt on IG. So it has to be exclusive, but not exclusive to the point that people have no clue what it is. Hypebeast life can get complicated, lol.

The question is if hype pays the bills or selling a GR amount of shoes? I think the hype has been established, now they can put out a GR-level of shoes at every release to get some $$$. Does the mass public think Yeezys are a desireable shoe?

Yeah but that doesn’t solve the problem of seeing 5-10 people in the street wearing the shoe on RD.

Look at the Off-White collaboration-there is NO way that collab would have sold 1 million+ pairs like a holiday 11 did/would but a huge part of the allure in owning a pair of the OW collab is that you will be part of a club of a select few thousand to own a part of the collaboration.

People/Hypebeasts who bought/wore Yeezys initially thought like this and now are mad that they are becoming more available. Same with resellers who sold the shoes to said Hypebeasts.

Hard to flex on IG with a shoe 1 million other people bought the same day lol

I wish they drop the 5 bulls right now since there is so much dislike for red shoes all of the sudden.

So is it fair to say that most people buying Yeezys are hypebeasts? Because it seems like when they aren’t limited they don’t like them?

I don’t know about that-I’m sure a lot of people are simply big Kanye West fans but I think people are lying to themselves if they say Hypebeasts didn’t have a huge part in driving up Yeezy resale prices and, in turn, hype.

Back
Top Bottom