Jordan 1 High '85 Metallic Burgundy - June 22, 2024

U the man....glad I waited and passed on oneness...was 145 total...lapstone is 130 total...I copped my metallic navys there in 2016...like a week or 2 after drop for the low. Same situation all these years later 😂 🔥
Lapstone doesn’t charge tax for the DMV area and they tend to have awesome discounts so I’ve honestly copped so many GR releases living in DC/VA over the years on that site lol

120 shipped on Oneness

IMG_5502.jpeg

I don't know why the size 14 is so hard to find, but I went up a size to a 15 since I don't know how these fit and if going down a full size to a 13 would be more hurtful than not since 1s are generally narrow. Great deal though!

Lapstone already sent tracking 🔥

These shops either breaking even or losing $$$ selling that cheap. Msrp is 200 I doubt they getting em 100 a pop. I'd guess 130 140 ish? Idk how that works
I’ve honestly wondered this. Mom and pop stores already operate with much less margins than the big chain footstores. Does anyone know how much these smaller shops pay per pair for a men’s FSR for a $200 retro release?

I’ve honestly wondered this. Mom and pop stores already operate with much less margins than the big chain footstores. Does anyone know how much these smaller shops pay per pair for a men’s FSR for a $200 retro release?
I think about this a lot too but I assume they pay somewhere around 50% off of MSRP. I've seen a lot of shops regularly run 35-45% off sales. 50s are more rare but they definitely happen.

To some extent it's a numbers game til the hype comes back. Nike is known to push a lot of product on shops, usually that means if you want the Travis' etc. it means you gotta produce the numbers, even if the shops aren't making as much as they use to I'm sure they are still making something.

Ironically sneakerheads tend to be some of the worst customers for those mom and pop shops. We tend to just want our kicks and nothing else, the regular Joe will buy a tee or something to match their new shoes because they aren't coming back to buy kicks again next weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom