JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

@geraldg2309   Thanks bro 
nthat.gif

Don't know if this has been posted but thought this was pretty cool (though I probably wouldn't do this)
View media item 756052

Cool..?

Whoever did this to the OG model to 'create' the hyped banned pair must have not been of sound mind at all.

Destroying the OG shoe actually , to put on a gimmick.

I understand 'banned' fans preferring the super duper extra quality of leather ( never had them so i can't differ) , but that argument doesnt stand with this case , so whats the reasoning behind this?

Plain stupidity. :smh:

Last edited:
yeah. in person from a cat found on a local FB group.

kept telling me he used to work for nike back in the day, owns a shoe shop, buys collections...etc, etc.

showed each other's receipt, but when i asked for his receipt on the prelude v's...he kept telling me if i needed a receipt to verify authenticity that i should be out of the shoe game. little did he know that i wanted a copy of the receipt in case i need to send for product voucher and not be out $ if the prelude's had mfg defects...

the irony of it all...
You don't need a receipt to return a defective shoe to Nike hq.

Cool..?

Whoever did this to the OG model to 'create' the hyped banned pair must have not been of sound mind at all.

Destroying the OG shoe actually , to put on a gimmick.

I understand 'banned' fans preferring the super duper extra quality of leather ( never had them so i can't differ) , but that argument doesnt stand with this case , so whats the reasoning behind this?

Plain stupidity. :smh:

its kinda cool tho, nothing wrong with it to me...i would'nt try it but its still pretty subtle and takes a patient hand

I wouldnt see dude on the street and be like dang homie, u F'd urs up!! It would be nothin at all

My man woodro nothing but love , but somewhere between those 'custom' black golds at your sig and those 'custom' banned 1s I believe we are ways apart on opinions on what customization should look like.

Customisation to me is creating sth new fam.

Not trying to make sth look like sth else ( most of the times being a complete failure at it) .

Look alike shoes most of the times turn up a failure , not to mention I never got the meaning of Look alikes.

I mean why create sth that looks like sth else.

Get the other or if you can't afford it on to the next one.Its just shoes after all...Is customizing look-alikes much much different than someone who can't afford the real ones and goes to the GM ones...?Same motive in my book.

Can't have the real one ---settle with the cheaper Look-alike on both cases.

Nah.Im good.

Don't know if this has been posted but thought this was pretty cool (though I probably wouldn't do this)
View media item 756052
kind of clever. i would never do it tho. honestly i dont understand the big deal with the blank heal( or nike air tag on tongue). i get that its more true to the original form, but we've been wearing the jumpman with pride forever. now everybody is like, i need my jordans without the jumpman lol. idk, i guess i just like the shoes. but im kinda simple. dont inspect for glue stains and stuff. usually just throw them on my feet

My man woodro nothing but love , but somewhere between those 'custom' black golds at your sig and those 'custom' banned 1s I believe we are ways apart on opinions on what customization should look like.

Customisation to me is creating sth new fam.

Not trying to make sth look like sth else ( most of the times being a complete failure at it) .

Look alike shoes most of the times turn up a failure , not to mention I never got the meaning of Look alikes.

I mean why create sth that looks like sth else.

Get the other or if you can't afford it on to the next one.Its just shoes after all...Is customizing look-alikes much much different than someone who can't afford the real ones and goes to the GM ones...?Same motive in my book.

Can't have the real one ---settle with the cheaper Look-alike on both cases.

Nah.Im good.

see the thing that ur missing is that jus because a shoe is similar to another shoe doesnt mean a person cant get that original shoe. I wanted to see how the black and gold would look on the celtics after i saw another person on NT do it, i even sent shoes to homie to do it for me, I have jus as many shoes as the next man and i can easily get black and gold patent leather boys, even if i have to cut back on releases or sell some pairs, but i do not want those. if i spend 1000$ i would not want to rock those. I would much rather pay my man STHEBEST to paint these cheap celtics if i want to rock a black and gold retro 1 other than them 05 boys. and for the record, hell yes getting GM ones if much different than altering an authentic jordan. and sometimes im sure it doesnt matter cuz ur on here like 24/7 but i dont see much comment when someone changes chi-towns to black toes or do tongue swaps...tell them boys buy OG's

see the thing that ur missing is that jus because a shoe is similar to another shoe doesnt mean a person cant get that original shoe. I wanted to see how the black and gold would look on the celtics after i saw another person on NT do it, i even sent shoes to homie to do it for me, I have jus as many shoes as the next man and i can easily get black and gold patent leather boys, even if i have to cut back on releases or sell some pairs, but i do not want those. if i spend 1000$ i would not want to rock those. I would much rather pay my man STHEBEST to paint these cheap celtics if i want to rock a black and gold retro 1 other than them 05 boys. and for the record, hell yes getting GM ones if much different than altering an authentic jordan. and sometimes im sure it doesnt matter cuz ur on here like 24/7 but i dont see much comment when someone changes chi-towns to black toes or do tongue swaps...tell them boys buy OG's

ok i will.And since you liked those black gold customs so much how come you re selling them ?Just curious.

My man no offense , but you just VALIDATED every point I made .

Please in favour of this thread , we can pm each other and continue our civilised conversation my man

No need to continue here.

Cheers.

ok i will.And since you liked those black gold customs so much how come you re selling them ?Just curious.

My man no offense , but you just VALIDATED every point I made .

Please in favour of this thread , we can pm each other and continue our civilised conversation my man

No need to continue here.

Cheers.

before i do, i would like u to tell me where in my post did i say i liked them so much? and plz quote it.
my whole thing is seeing shoes in person, i judge from there

and im unaware where anything was validated, not too many shoes are jus unavailable-its hard to be a broke person in this hobbie. but not everyone jus goes and buys OG, many NT'ers have tongue swapped and even jus tagged swapped

Difference of opinion bro . By a mile if i may add. 8)

I am with you. That's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've seen when it comes to customization. I don't even understand it. Cool? My 7 year old might have thought that. It's like putting on spinning rims on a Maserati. Put that on a cutlas and you can get away with the hideousness.

Lol

1st point : Look alike shoes most of the time turn up failures : VALIDATION --->Check your sig :lol:

2nd point : You missed my point there.Maybe i wasnt clear.There isnt a shoe that anyone CAN'T get . Everyone can save up as much as he wants and get ANY shoe he likes .Getting ANY sneaker isnt science or math . Its just money and hustle . My point is that someone DOESN'T want to pay up and instead he gets customs : VALIDATION : You opted out like this yourself .You said yourself you didnt want to pay 1000 especially for these black golds and opted for the customised instead.

Why does that make you better than the guy who doesnt want to pay the SAME 1000 and get an almost exact LOOK ALIKE ...?

Please read again the 1st sentence I wrote.

Customisation has not the same translation for me and you.Its just that simple.

Do you though , in no way i wanted to offend you . ;p)

Besides if we all had the same opinion , NIKETALK probably wouldnt exist .

Peace bruh.

/FINAL End rant . :lol:

Lol I waited to get all 3 so I can beat them up accordingly. Now I got a current sneaker rotation and haven't gotten a chance to throw them on...but spring is coming :evil:

So much thought into wearing some shoes. Never even had a "shoe rotation." All of my shoes are in my rotation. I see the box, I wear the shoes. Just seems like too much stress over something we put on feet. I have real stress to worry about.

**kanye shrug

So much thought into wearing some shoes. Never even had a "shoe rotation." All of my shoes are in my rotation. I see the box, I wear the shoes. Just seems like too much stress over something we put on feet. I have real stress to worry about.

**kanye shrug

Not really thought I'm putting into it. It's more so me feeling guilty about having so many shoes like a chick. I feel like they all have to be worn or else I'll just become a hoarder. As for those 3 pair of 1's forever. I went through hell getting the royals and went to hell twice for the blk/red 1's and I haven't doubled on any one of them...but I do want to double up on the shadows :smile:

Last edited:
I'm trying to double up on shadows too. The only one I didn't double up on and I regret it. Can't find any pairs on eBay either. I wear the shadows more than any other 1, and it's not even close. So underrated.

I prefer these customs over the ones that were released.

View media item 756489
They are more appealing to me than the 2013s. Just my preference, not a big fan of the patent leather. If the actual originals from the 80s released now that is a different story.

agreed. I thought the 2013's were horrible looking. Wouldnt have copped under any circumstance.

Back
Top Bottom