John Madden retires

Interesting....I thought i had read last year how he said was going to do it for a few more years and his contract was based on that. Perhaps I'm imaginingthat though.

It was a good run despite the jokes we got to use about him.

Cris Collinsworth is the LARGE favorite to fill this role.

Knowing NBC, Matt Millen is probably #2
nono.gif

Wow... Didn't see that coming.

I thought dude would be a lifer behind the mic. Meaning that he'd go for as long as he was able to.

He's still healthy, still able to analyze competently....

The team of Madden & Summerall, appreciated.
pimp.gif

I wonder if what he just saw with Kalas had anything to do with this. Literally passing away in the booth.
frown.gif

Won't be the same without Madden, hopefully his health is ok, maybe he can do a game here and there like Summerall still does.
pimp.gif

It has to be fate that this is happening the same year Brett Favre walks away from the game..............right?

BOOOM!

That's shocking news. Its going to take some time listening to football without his commentary.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Interesting....I thought i had read last year how he said was going to do it for a few more years and his contract was based on that. Perhaps I'm imagining that though.

It was a good run despite the jokes we got to use about him.

Cris Collinsworth is the LARGE favorite to fill this role.

Knowing NBC, Matt Millen is probably #2
nono.gif

Do it NBC.....
pimp.gif

ive made fun of the guy for being so obvious a lot of the time, but the fact is hes one of the best ever. please dont let it be collinsworth he sucks, i thinkjaworski would be a good candidate

Originally Posted by CP1708

I wonder if what he just saw with Kalas had anything to do with this. Literally passing away in the booth.
frown.gif

Won't be the same without Madden, hopefully his health is ok, maybe he can do a game here and there like Summerall still does.
pimp.gif
I have a feeling that was one of the factors.

Madden games will go on forever. He's got the NFL video game market on lock. It makes sense that he's retiring though. When you gotta take roadtripsacross the country every week, that does take a lot of time.

Back
Top Bottom