Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Got a job offer today fellas
pimp.gif
.... i was down for a min, but its starting to look up...keep ya'll heads up and keep putting those apps in

Okay I've been looking for a job for a while now. I'm applying every where. No one has called. I don't know if its my resume or what. Was wondering if any NT'ers can help a dad in desire need of help. Thanks

Although i am still employed i see the writing on the wall.. The manager tried to fire me yesterday due to me calling out(i have asthma) well i hit that @+%#$ with FMLA (thankfully i researched it and was able to apply it) turns out the other 4 times i called out should have been under fmla as well but i was never informed... anyways because i made him look stupid he is the type of guy that will go out of his way now to fire me... so i'm going to milk any vacation i have left and hope i can claim unemployment if i get let go... between that i am looking for another job... so i saw that post the guy made 2 pages back with the icons of the software experience... i did some research and really feel stupid i didn't do anything but the plain text and bullets... so i redid it all and hope to have it stick out of the pack of resumes...
i drew some inspiration from that nt member and this other guy here

http://www.clintdavis.net/blog/page/3/

i found some amazing ones but i felt were to over the top... although definitely worth a look for ideas

my end result for now

i used photoshop and converted to pdf... figure if i find an online app that only accepts word i will download a converter...

i'm not an expert but i would help anyone anyway i can... keep your head up guys.

I got the job!! Actually, they made me an offer to work under one of their partners. The contractor is much smaller but they offered me more money so why the hell not?
pimp.gif

My job really was not happy with me leaving only after 2 months but hey, most of them understood and are happy for me. They made a counter offer and I actually would have made more had I stayed but a lot of that money was based on incentives and performance bonuses. My department's productivity is based heavily on what other departments do. While we are trending in the right direction that extra 10k+ in incentives is just too much money to be worried about actually earning... A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And frankly, there is just nothing more I can take from entry level customer service type work..

Anyway good luck on the job search everyone. And nice resume up there

congrats... im looking to pick up a overnight gig in addition to my corp gig.. id do some lowkey janitor work lmao i dont care im haitian i cant help it...as long as i can get a good 5 hrs of sleep im good..

Originally Posted by three6mafia

I got laid off from ford like 6 months ago. My friend and I got in after high school. Been laid off, and rehired 3 seperate times. My friend just got the call back yesterday, gets to go back Monday. I haven't heard *##@.
sick.gif
. I get unemployment and I work a under the table part time job at the moment, which equals out to about $350/week. Which isn't bad, even though that wasn't even half of my pay at ford. Bills aren't too bad, I share a house with 2 of my friends so rent + cell+ car = a little over 2 weeks of my current income. Living off 650/month + my side hustle could be worse, but it sucks. Lol And HATE sitting around doing nothing all day. So boring. I'm a pot smoker, so at first it was aight cause Id just post up, blayz, and play ps3 all day. I got thrown on papers in january so I can't smoke till july. Can only drink so much lol
Maaaan *##@ is so boring.
Hoping for the call back soon. Hate living off uncle sams %%@$* %%%.

got my job back! got the call today. gotta go tomorrow for testing, dunno why i gotta retake em. ahh well. i aint complaining. bring it on.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got laid off from ford like 6 months ago. My friend and I got in after high school. Been laid off, and rehired 3 seperate times. My friend just got the call back yesterday, gets to go back Monday. I haven't heard *##@.
sick.gif
. I get unemployment and I work a under the table part time job at the moment, which equals out to about $350/week. Which isn't bad, even though that wasn't even half of my pay at ford. Bills aren't too bad, I share a house with 2 of my friends so rent + cell+ car = a little over 2 weeks of my current income. Living off 650/month + my side hustle could be worse, but it sucks. Lol And HATE sitting around doing nothing all day. So boring. I'm a pot smoker, so at first it was aight cause Id just post up, blayz, and play ps3 all day. I got thrown on papers in january so I can't smoke till july. Can only drink so much lol

got my job back! got the call today. gotta go tomorrow for testing, dunno why i gotta retake em. ahh well. i aint complaining. bring it on.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
congrats fam.

Originally Posted by sage909

sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
congrats fam.

Thanks dude. Can't wait to start working again.Wish I could fall asleep. Gotta be up at like 630(its 130 now)Not sweating it though. Few hours of sleep and a cup of coffee iill be good.

Originally Posted by desent

Although i am still employed i see the writing on the wall.. The manager tried to fire me yesterday due to me calling out(i have asthma) well i hit that @+%#$ with FMLA (thankfully i researched it and was able to apply it) turns out the other 4 times i called out should have been under fmla as well but i was never informed... anyways because i made him look stupid he is the type of guy that will go out of his way now to fire me... so i'm going to milk any vacation i have left and hope i can claim unemployment if i get let go... between that i am looking for another job... so i saw that post the guy made 2 pages back with the icons of the software experience... i did some research and really feel stupid i didn't do anything but the plain text and bullets... so i redid it all and hope to have it stick out of the pack of resumes...

i found some amazing ones but i felt were to over the top... although definitely worth a look for ideas

my end result for now

i used photoshop and converted to pdf... figure if i find an online app that only accepts word i will download a converter...

i'm not an expert but i would help anyone anyway i can... keep your head up guys.
You misspelled "CreatE" on the last job.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

my end result for now

Also misspelled configurations under freelance experience. I'd take out the icons too.

Going to bookmark and read this thread every time I complain about how much I hate my job. Good luck to all of you.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Going to bookmark and read this thread every time I complain about how much I hate my job. Good luck to all of you.

Same thing I do.  Thread has also inspired me to definitely go back to school this fall.

i had a few interviews and all i get is the runaround.. Do people just want to just do interviews and not hire? i get told i will get a call and when that day comes up, i call back and

they said the lady not in because of issues.. never heard or called back again. other places say they not hiring when i go for walk ins.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

my end result for now

Also misspelled configurations under freelance experience. I'd take out the icons too.

I fixed, thanks for the heads up.
I am unfortunately not applying for any advanced rolls as they all require experience which i don't have or cant prove. So i put the icons on there to make it stand out from other resumes. Can i do without the icons, yes. Does it look silly to some real computer/engineering companies, most likely. However for the ones that are not heavily into computers (clerk type work, schools, etc...) it stands out, looks nice, and seems like a lot of knowledge even though to someone with a computer career it would be considered basic.

I had 1 interview so far they should call me back in a week to let me know either way... i want the job but if i go for it i may be forfeiting the opportunity to buy a house... (long, story)

-Get At Me... 

Originally Posted by ricky409

How tough is it finding a job with a master's degree?

What kind of job, and what kind of masters.  I mean you have to be a lot more specific then that. 
What experience do you have coupled with teh masters?

Killed those tests yesterday. Now I just wait for the call back.
Can't wait to start working again.
pimp.gif

All you out ther struggling to find a job, just keepp fightin. You'll find some thing.

To my dudes that apply to companies that use the standard online application process, do you all just sit back and hope they respond, or what?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're jobless and you have customer service experience (and you don't even need that half the time), become a server. Nine out of ten times, it's going to be a terrible job but you'll be hard pressed to find a job where you can make 30k plus a year with absolutely no experience. That's why so many college students serve: The hours are perfect because you can go to class in the morning and still work an 8-9 hour shift at night.

Hopefully, you luck up and get into a place where there are trained diners (independently owned restaurants). Luckily, I work in such a place and it actually makes it enjoyable to come into work. But if you're going to work at a Fridays or Olive Garden, you'll still make decent money but you'll hate you'll start to hate people.

sometimes you got to swallow your pride and get anything. summer is coming up fast, so you want to try to hit up some retail or something.

With summer coming up, a landscaping job would be I deal. Before I got my call back I had a few interviews with a couple landscaping spots.
Decent pay and good exercise. Getting paid to be outside imo is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom