Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Yes, you need to get the taxes withheld OR keep the money you expect to pay in taxes in your bank account and pay when taxes are due. You are taxed on unemployment benefits.
Thanks. I went ahead and changed my benefits to have state and fed withheld. I also got a notice in my inbox about an appeal. Not sure what this is for? Should I leave it alone and not fill out the application? What do i have to appeal for? This is all brand new to me

Got full-time offer in Cali as child therapist. Don't have to move cross country jobless now
pimp.gif
Other jobs still hitting me up for interviews. Should I see what they're offering before I sign the dotted line w/my current deal?
Sign the offer, but keep interviewing.

Been applying like crazy I got an offer a temp job could last up to a year, not enough $ but double what I am getting from unemployment. I'm tempted still not to sure.

I've been getting lots of calls/emails from companies I've applied to, when I go look at the job posting while they are on the phone the posting is SO VAGUE. It seems like some of those companies that is a pyramid scheme. Like Sales/customer Service, but really you go in and you start as a canvasser doing door-to-door type of work until you become supervisor, then manager, then regional manager, blah blah blah.

I made the mistake of going to an interview like this once 5 years ago. I didn't buy into it, they just tried to sell me on the company didn't give two cents on my experience. Basically laid out how much I'd make and the period of time I'd work. 

I've been always reading reviews on glassdoor, with every call, and email I receive.

I've been thinking of maybe starting a company that takes companies like these down. I know sounds like a lot and has probably been done before. but if you look at job postings online its full of them. So far fetched but I'm unemployment so what do I have to lose?

Careerbuiler as tons of those sales/marketing jobs.

But keep on the grind dude. I've been getting the same calls/emails from jobs in not trying to work for.

A job hit me up earlier this week but they could only pay me 3k more than I'm making now. Maybe if it was in the field I want to be in or a fed job I would have went to the interview.

Had an interview for over 1HR30 2 weeks ago and they said they would be reaching out this week (not last week, everyone was out of the office on their end) but nothing yet :wow:

Last edited:
Two great phone interviews Monday. 

Woke up to

"we've moved forward with another candidate" generic e-mail today. 

I'm thinking about going to companies in person and talking to HR to try to get in somewhere. I wonder how many people do this these days. It doesn't seem like people do this anymore. 

^^ That's because no one does it and it looks bad. How you gonna get past security?

Last edited:
Been applying like crazy I got an offer a temp job could last up to a year, not enough $ but double what I am getting from unemployment. I'm tempted still not to sure.

Its not about making twice what your making on unemployment its about that experience and them seeing your actually working. Take that temp job asap

After a slow week, Ive been getting hit up a lot for interviews this week. Had to cancel one interview at a place I never intended to work for due to long commute. I feel like it's now an employee's market in the tech industry. I remember it being more competitive a couple years ago.

Last edited:
^ Follow up again after the long weekend.

Apply to other gigs. It's a vicious job market.

I could. Don't want to come off as too pressing tho.

My issue is the interview really did go well. Met with 4 people (they interview as a committee) and it seemed like the convo became more personal than work-related.. that's after the work was discussed in detail.

I could also be jumping the gun, there is always tomorrow for them to answer (if they are even in the office).

^ Follow up again after the long weekend.

Apply to other gigs. It's a vicious job market.
I could. Don't want to come off as too pressing tho.

My issue is the interview really did go well. Met with 4 people (they interview as a committee) and it seemed like the convo became more personal than work-related.. that's after the work was discussed in detail.

I could also be jumping the gun, there is always tomorrow for them to answer (if they are even in the office).
They probably won't be in the office; my entire office just left earlier today. 
laugh.gif

If you don't wanna come off as too pressing, email them 2 weeks from now. Folks will still be re-acclimating after the long weekend.

They probably won't be in the office; my entire office just left earlier today.  :lol:

If you don't wanna come off as too pressing, email them 2 weeks from now. Folks will still be re-acclimating after the long weekend.

Truth. Good call.

I have a friend who actually works in the company, so I can always ask her if she knows if they are still reviewing applicants or not. And to think, I thought that was another plus on my side.

I have to renege on a signed offer (at-will employment) and haven't started the job yet. I intend to call them and say I cannot take the position due to unforseen circumstances. Is there anyway to go about this in a better way e.g. formal letter without going into detail?

Back
Top Bottom