Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Finally found a job in my field. Started monday and literally doubled the salary of my last job. Never give up my brothers
pimp.gif
Congrats, brother.

I know exactly how you feel. All that time grinding to get a gig and then finally getting the gig = worth it

Received an offer for job #1 and accepted. They want me to start June 1st.

However, I still plan on attending the interview for job #2 next week, which is the job I prefer.

How do I juggle these? Do I tell them at the interview that I received an offer?

Received an offer for job #1 and accepted. They want me to start June 1st.

However, I still plan on attending the interview for job #2 next week, which is the job I prefer.

How do I juggle these? Do I tell them at the interview that I received an offer?
No, don't say anything about job #1. Just go interview at job #2 and see what happens.

Worst case? You still got a job.

Yes.

In this job market, look out only for yourself. You gonna hold onto a worse job out of some sense of loyalty?

Yep. My one boy swears by his engineering company and doesnt entertain any other opportunities. I told his *** this is a business they wont save you if stuff goes sour

I got offered the job temp to hire at the logistics place. Pay is ok. My gf is going to kill me because I turned it down. I just want to work at a place I can be happy at. I didn't see myself working there years from now. 

I've been thinking of starting my own business. Not sure where to start. But I have a few ideas. I'm thinking about just spending my time focusing on that...

Filed for unemployment yday. Am I supposed to have federal and state tax withheld? I wasn't sure so i chose not to have anything withheld in the online application.

Filed for unemployment yday. Am I supposed to have federal and state tax withheld? I wasn't sure so i chose not to have anything withheld in the online application.

Yes, you need to get the taxes withheld OR keep the money you expect to pay in taxes in your bank account and pay when taxes are due. You are taxed on unemployment benefits.

So my boy, two months into his job managed to have HR called on him. So far, he's taking it pretty hard and HR hasn't contacted him.

Long story short, he made a decision questioned by a subordinate employee. He asked her why she thought that way. Apparently she started by saying everyone would agreed with me and before she got another word he said, I don't agree so not everyone.

Immediately after I guess he asked other employees around her and I guess they also said no.

Not sure what else was said, but he told me that the GM pulled him inside and told him that she called HR claiming that the initial incident started by him asking her, her opinion and then barraging her telling her she was wrong.

But to me initial means that there's more to the story.

I don't even know what to tell him since I have never been in that position, but anytime I hear HR, is nothing good.

^ if she went to HR, either she's in the wrong and that will come out, or as you said there's more to the story. Maybe insults were thrown or yelling matches started etc

^ if she went to HR, either she's in the wrong and that will come out, or as you said there's more to the story. Maybe insults were thrown or yelling matches started etc
that's what I'm thinking. I told my boy, that sometimes he tends to make faces or gestures that are just as bad.

He was straight up and told me that he just told her he didnt agreed and immediately after he asked a couple of more employees around her and they agreed. According to him, he just wanted to know for future reference, but I told him that could of been perceived as he was making her feel wrong.

He's upset, lets see .. I don't know how this HR things goes.

So my boy, two months into his job managed to have HR called on him. So far, he's taking it pretty hard and HR hasn't contacted him.

Long story short, he made a decision questioned by a subordinate employee. He asked her why she thought that way. Apparently she started by saying everyone would agreed with me and before she got another word he said, I don't agree so not everyone.

Immediately after I guess he asked other employees around her and I guess they also said no.

Not sure what else was said, but he told me that the GM pulled him inside and told him that she called HR claiming that the initial incident started by him asking her, her opinion and then barraging her telling her she was wrong.

But to me initial means that there's more to the story.

I don't even know what to tell him since I have never been in that position, but anytime I hear HR, is nothing good.
Another BS incident that has to get HR involved somehow. And for what? Hurt feelings?

I'd highly recommend everyone here to avoid getting into these types of situations and to be careful what you say.

^ I'm leaning towards the town job and during the interview I asked if the pay rate was negotiable and they said it wasn't but expect decent yearly raises. I also would get a raise after my 90 day probation period

Quick question in regards to your arrest and the city hall job. Is this a city/state position and if so did they already run your background check. I was arrested once and lost an opportunity because it came up on my background as pending charges. I eventually beat the case, but I lost out on some bread because I had to literally wait for the case to be over to get something in the same pay range.
Hopefully everything works out, but I would recommend keeping that Herr's offer on the table if the city hall offer falls through the cracks.

Another BS incident that has to get HR involved somehow. And for what? Hurt feelings?

I'd highly recommend everyone here to avoid getting into these types of situations and to be careful what you say.

From what his boy told him, he did absolutely nothing wrong. Being an adult and engaging in constructive criticism and feedback makes everyone better off.

Got full-time offer in Cali as child therapist. Don't have to move cross country jobless now :pimp: Other jobs still hitting me up for interviews. Should I see what they're offering before I sign the dotted line w/my current deal?

Got full-time offer in Cali as child therapist. Don't have to move cross country jobless now :pimp: Other jobs still hitting me up for interviews. Should I see what they're offering before I sign the dotted line w/my current deal?

No. A bird in the hand is better than one in the bush.

Back
Top Bottom