Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Well... the people that are usually scared are the people who have something to hide.

If you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to be scared about. :lol: Mine Polygraph took awhile, but I wasn't intimidated at all.

What do you have next? The background check huh?
nah went through the background before the polygraph i had my medical exam tuesday I go before the board to let them tell me if i got the job next wednesday then im done so we will see i think im in for now my investigator kinda said it the academy starts on may 5th im currently working at delta so im trying to see if ill have to immediately start or if they will make me wait til may 5th

Update... we have another academy starting on cinco de mayo. I wanted to be a TAC so bad :lol:

Question, have anyone here ever took the polygraph test for any law enforcement or any job period? I ask this because I have never took one and is it anything I need to know other then tell the truth? Only thing I'm worried about is, what questions other then the obvious would disqualify me for the job that I admit doing. If anyone here know, let me know, thanks.

Graduated with my Bachelor of Science in 2008. Just got offered a LEGIT job in my field today. Only took 6 years of working stressful and menial jobs
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Graduated with my Bachelor of Science in 2008. Just got offered a LEGIT job in my field today. Only took 6 years of working stressful and menial jobs :lol:  

Congrats
I also have a B.S . but still haven't found a job in my field. |I

Question, have anyone here ever took the polygraph test for any law enforcement or any job period? I ask this because I have never took one and is it anything I need to know other then tell the truth? Only thing I'm worried about is, what questions other then the obvious would disqualify me for the job that I admit doing. If anyone here know, let me know, thanks.
i took one and i was scared about nothing to be honest just get you a good nights sleep and go in calm and you will do fine its nothing to stress about after i took mine i was thinking like man i was stressing over that? its not bad bro trust me

I think I'll have a hard time finding a legit gig because I got fired from my last job and quit my first job within 2 days each

Don't have much of a resume either

Wish me luck people
Goodluck !

Graduated with my Bachelor of Science in 2008. Just got offered a LEGIT job in my field today. Only took 6 years of working stressful and menial jobs
laugh.gif

Congrats!

Has anyone ever worked in the insurance field? I've gotten two interview offers the past two days from insurance companies (Primerica & State Farm). Currently working in car sales at an authorized mercedes benz dealer and finishing up my last semester of school now.

Wish me luck people

Ima go ahead && congratulate you in advance, man :pimp:...I got hired at Depot roughly the same exact time last year, give or take a few weeks.

ayzee ayzee congrats to you as well man!! Glad that you're finally seeing the fruits of your labor..:nthat:

I recently got rejected by a company here in Houston and i actually worked for them 3 years ago at an Alabama location, it was a contract position back then and only lasted a summer. i was mad hype about the interview and i felt like i did very well, i just knew i would land the job. i got the rejection email a week later :smh: i was low key in shock.

back to the drawing board. been scouring indeed and other job sites. i'm still selling cell phones now, it's ok but there's something better for me.

I think I'll have a hard time finding a legit gig because I got fired from my last job and quit my first job within 2 days each

if you got fired/left within 2 days of getting the position, just dont put it on the resume. It will just bring more unwanted attention

if you got fired/left within 2 days of getting the position, just dont put it on the resume. It will just bring more unwanted attention

Pretty much.

Before getting into LE, when I applied for jobs, I left out the ones that gave me a hard time.

Pretty much.

Before getting into LE, when I applied for jobs, I left out the ones that gave me a hard time.

I agree, I don't put Best Buy on my resume because I was only there for about a month before I quit, same with Citizens Bank. Waste of space on your resume

I just moved to Atlanta 4 months ago. I can't get anything. Still haven't heard a damn thing from my job recruiter. I'm depressed..

I just moved to Atlanta 4 months ago. I can't get anything. Still haven't heard a damn thing from my job recruiter. I'm depressed..
The job market still slow in ATL mane, just keep on putting them apps in...Your best bet is to get to know some people that can put u on to something if u can

If you need to something to hold you over in atl look for delivery positions with coke, Pepsi, any beverage company you see . Some you don't need a cdl and there's also merchandiser positions where you get paid to go to the store and stock the shelves . Pays depend on the company you could make anywhere from 500-800 a week for merchandising and 800-1200 for delivery . But keep in mind that this is short term

Before this week is over in goin to apply for charter

Installation services my friend works there he says that they give you about 2 weeks training I also chopped it up with one of the workers he said you can take I about 500 to1000 a week

Might as well give it a shot

Installation services my friend works there he says that they give you about 2 weeks training I also chopped it up with one of the workers he said you can take I about 500 to1000 a week

Worked there in 08-09, it's a greatt gig bro

Good luck :smokin

Worked there in 08-09, it's a greatt gig bro

Good luck :smokin
That's wassup homie

How long did the hiring process take?

5 TIPS FOR a HAPPY ENTREPRENEURIAL LIFE

1. Enjoy the journey. As mentioned above, famed essayist and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson reminds us that you’re not in a race: Life doesn’t provide us with any drama in how it ends. And those that are obsessed with the end results are often blinded to the sheer wonder that is provided during the journey.

Don’t get too caught up in the daily grind.  Make time to get out and enjoy the journey.  A profit and loss statement will never be as fulfilling as a night of laughter with friends.  Another board meetings will never provide you with the same joy as making your kids laugh or an hour playing with your dog in the park.

2. You only get one life.  Don’t live someone else’s dream. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, and find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”
--Henry David Thoreau

I’ve heard it a million times.  “When I’m _____, I’ll be able to do _____.”  Replacing the blanks with any number of terms --  millionaire, famous and stronger, along with retire, be happy and travel -- often sets you up for disappointment.

Regardless of what you’re waiting for, all you’re doing is renting the present out to your future. 

Most of us will never achieve our "x."  Does that mean your life is a failure?  Far from it.  The only failure can come from ignoring the present you live in to focus on the future you may never have.

Business people are more prone to this than others.  Our world is based on projections and forecasts.  And because of this, we end up delaying, postponing and ignoring our current happiness to achieve a perceived greater happiness in the future.

Todays are unlimited but tomorrows are a finite resource that quickly dwindle.  So live in the todays.

3. The grass isn’t always greener.  “Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough”
--Oprah Winfrey

There’s a psychological term that every business person needs to learn: The Hedonic Treadmill.  It’s the mind’s adaptation to new and shiny things, and its subsequent need for newer and shinier things. 

No matter what you aspire to own, if you’re doing it for vanity, envy, status or some other reason related to self-fulfillment, you are in danger of hopping on the Hedonic Treadmill.  Whatever you own, someone will always have something nicer.  Even if the item isn’t in fact nicer, your mind will perceive it as nicer.

You will find that it’s difficult to be fulfilled by material possessions and will constantly be chasing the next high you get whenever you buy the newer, nicer thing.  But sooner or later that high wears off, and you’re left running on a treadmill that’s now rolling too fast.

Don’t carry your happiness in possessions: They make for poor vessels.

4. Success is the result of failure. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
--Thomas A. Edison

Wildly successful people aren’t great at success: They’re great at failure.  They understand failure’s role in their journey to achieve success.  The saddest story is that of the man who opines his failures and how they kept him from his success.  To bring up Thomas Edison’s point, could that man’s success have simply been on the other side of his next failure?

Do not get discouraged. Your success is just around the corner from your last failure.

5. Keep reminding yourself. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.  You are already naked.  There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
--Steve Jobs

Take Jobs's words to heart.  There is nothing holding you back from achieving your business dreams as well as living a life of happiness.  There’s nothing for you to lose, so follow your heart and enjoy the journey.

The key to change is remembering the impetus that set you on the path towards change.  If you let that impetus fade from your mind, so too will your drive to achieve that change.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article...l&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#

God knows I need another job asap. where are you all looking online, I use indeed mainly. supposedly there's thousands of jobs on there but I just don't feel like it's legit. I need something fast.

God knows I need another job asap. where are you all looking online, I use indeed mainly. supposedly there's thousands of jobs on there but I just don't feel like it's legit. I need something fast.
if you are attending or went to college, there should be an online career services center. it worked for me. be patient and always keep looking guys, it's worth it in the end when you get an offer from a company.

Just filled like 15 applications. Next week, 15 follow up calls on those apps 
tired.gif

Anyone know if following up actually helps? I've tried it a couple times and it hasnt worked 

Back
Top Bottom