Jimmy Fallon is unwatchable

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by GreyScaleMethod

QFT
tired.gif

I can't even laugh at my man's jokes.
You're suppose to "QUOTE" something when using QFT.. You didnt quote anything...
indifferent.gif
Pretty obvious he was agreeing with the OP.

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

His show is so terrible. I bring this up today finally only because I'm alright with watching Craig Ferguson or Sportscenter again at 12:30, but Carrot Top is on Ferguson today and he'll give me nightmares with his clown-like features, AND I've already watched tonight's Sportscenter(already looking forward to Hannah Storm tomorrow morning
devil.gif
). Back to Fallon: homeboy has an annoying down-syndrome technique where he looks like he's about to either have a seizure or burst out laughing during his delivery along with terrible mannerisms at basically all times. During his guest segments you can really see where this guy is a total fraud; he has no rapport, continually makes corny jokes and quips and can't think of anything creative or useful to say. I have nothing against this guy personally, he didn't beat me up in high school or steal my girlfriend, he is just downright unfunny and I don't see how anyone would think he is. Cue the "U Mad?" pictures.

FALLON is funny. his show does get real random but thats whats so funny. its kinda like anything could happen because of how free it is.

Each show/host has their own strengths.

Conan - Conan's personality shines; outrageous skits and very good monologue (the jokes aren't as good as Leno's but Conan has the skill of usinghis style to milk every joke)

Letterman - Not the funniest on TV but he is the best broadcaster. Has the best grasp on the entire show/product. Best interviewer with guests because he canreally make bad interviews funny by making them awkward.

Fallon - Bad monologue, show is a work in progress. A lot of skits drag on for TOO long. The best thing he's done so far is his audience participationbits. That has been the funniest thing on his show.

Ferguson - Personality rivals that of Conan's. His show is different and although I don't always like it, I respect him for not following the sameformat every show follows. His "monologue" isn't really about simple jokes with punchlines, he actually goes up and does a 10-minute stand-uproutine every night. If he improved his skits, the show could be great. Also interacts very well with his guests.

Kimmel - His monologue is OK, the jokes are good but he doesn't have the swagger/confidence/delivery that Conan and Leno have. He's just a regular guywho goes out there and tells jokes. Bits are funny though, I think 2nd only to Conan. Not very good at interviewing guests.

Leno - He stays true to the formula - no BSing, just make people laugh, which is why he is probably the only guy who could have a chance on primetime. Hismonologue is top notch because it delivers the simple punch line jokes that people want to hear regarding current events. Jaywalking and Headlines areclassics.

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

His show is so terrible. I bring this up today finally only because I'm alright with watching Craig Ferguson or Sportscenter again at 12:30, but Carrot Top is on Ferguson today and he'll give me nightmares with his clown-like features, AND I've already watched tonight's Sportscenter(already looking forward to Hannah Storm tomorrow morning
devil.gif
). Back to Fallon: homeboy has an annoying down-syndrome technique where he looks like he's about to either have a seizure or burst out laughing during his delivery along with terrible mannerisms at basically all times. During his guest segments you can really see where this guy is a total fraud; he has no rapport, continually makes corny jokes and quips and can't think of anything creative or useful to say. I have nothing against this guy personally, he didn't beat me up in high school or steal my girlfriend, he is just downright unfunny and I don't see how anyone would think he is. Cue the "U Mad?" pictures.
u+mad.jpg

im witcha though Fallon just sucks period.

How many months has he been on? It's sad but I want the show to get canceled. I know NBC execs are noticing the falling ratings.

Interesting thing is that Carson's show has actually gotten better since he went back to his roots focusing on music and other shhh he likes and basicallycan do w/e he wants with the show
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

He tries.
frown.gif

He gets some of the worst reactions though.
laugh.gif
Jokes so bad that he'll start handing out cue cards and running up and down the audience.
smh.gif

I feel bad for him...really.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

He tries.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
Jokes so bad that he'll start handing out cue cards and running up and down the audience.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I know I'm not the only one that really feels sorryfor him sees how hard he's trying. Problem is he's trying too hard. I just don't think he has "it" or w/e it takes to do this job.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

He tries.
frown.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
He hands out cue cards almost every time I watch.

I'd rather watch Fallon than Ferguson though.

Someone has to be bad at what they do and make it, but I always wonder how this dude is still famous

The problem is he shouldn't be struggling as bad as he is. Certainly hosting your own talk show on a nightly basis is a challenging job. But he was on SNLfor years... and he even did Weekend Update, which is essentially the same thing as an opening talk show monologue.

He doesn't have the confidence to pull off self-deprecating humor like Conan does so well. He looks visibly nervous and awkward the whole time, can'tinterview well, and has poor comedic timing. His jokes and skits should get better with time, as his writing staff sees what works and what doesn't, buthis attitude and style just isn't working.

Maybe over time he'll get better, but he's had plenty of on camera experience, which he used to ruin skits and break character and laugh on SNL.I'll root for him for another few months, probably til the end of the year, but I'm not expecting much.

Ferguson actually ain't bad. His monologue sucks but in interviews he is funny especially if its with some hot chick.

the most awkward thing with jimmy is when he interviews people and the way he stares at them after he asks them a question, I mean I know you're supposedto make eye contact but he just stares at them like he can't take his eye's off of them and doe's these fake phony smile's and laughs and itjust comes off weird. anybody else know what i'm talkin bout??
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The problem is he shouldn't be struggling as bad as he is. Certainly hosting your own talk show on a nightly basis is a challenging job. But he was on SNL for years... and he even did Weekend Update, which is essentially the same thing as an opening talk show monologue.

He doesn't have the confidence to pull off self-deprecating humor like Conan does so well. He looks visibly nervous and awkward the whole time, can't interview well, and has poor comedic timing. His jokes and skits should get better with time, as his writing staff sees what works and what doesn't, but his attitude and style just isn't working.

Maybe over time he'll get better, but he's had plenty of on camera experience, which he used to ruin skits and break character and laugh on SNL. I'll root for him for another few months, probably til the end of the year, but I'm not expecting much.
When was Fallon ever not awkward? That's part of his shtick. I'm probably in the minority but I don't mind his show.

Back
Top Bottom