Jets Cheated Too????

DeadsetAce

Supporter
Jets reportedly videotaped Patriots last season in Foxborough

ESPN.com news services

There's a new wrinkle in the Spygate controversy between the Patriots and the Jets.
According to a published report, a Jets employee was asked to stop videotaping the Patriots sideline during the first quarter of a game in Foxborough last season. Jets officials claim everything was above board."All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules," Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations, told Newsday.The Jets employee at the stadium was removed but the camera was not confiscated, according to the report. The employee's filming took place on the mezzanine level of the stadium.The newspaper also said there was some confusion as to which Patriots home game the videotaping occurred. New York played at New England twice, including a playoff game.In Week 1 of this season, New England was santioned by the NFL for videotaping the Jets' sideline. The NFL took away the Patriots' first-round draft pick, fined the team $250,000 and fined head coach Bill Belichick another $500,000.On Sunday, New England is looking to improve its record to 14-0 when they host the Jets at Foxborough. The Patriots can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with a win.
Thoughts????

smh.gif

It would take a LOT of cheating to help the Jets win anything. I still think this is just ESPatriotsN trying to save the team (Patriots) from the * comments.

Yeah I realize that...I only asked a question and asked for people's thoughts. But if it was preapproved as the Jets claimed...why was he asked to stopfilming? Did YOU read the entire article?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Yeah I realize that...I only asked a question and asked for people's thoughts. But if it was preapproved as the Jets claimed...why was he asked to stop filming? Did YOU read the entire article?
But if it was in accordance with the rules and with the Pats' permission... then it isn't cheating right? There's nothing to bedebated here.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Yeah I realize that...I only asked a question and asked for people's thoughts. But if it was preapproved as the Jets claimed...why was he asked to stop filming? Did YOU read the entire article?

I did read that. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be filming from that spot. Who knows.

But if it was in accordance with the rules and with the Pats' permission... then it isn't cheating right? There's nothing to be debated here.
^ it was a jets official claming they had permission...if thats good enough for you, pats officials claimed they had no idea what they were doingwas wrong...do you believe that?

I did read that. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be filming from that spot. Who knows.
^ agreed....

I'm not saying it is cheating or it isn't. This article really doesnt do anything other than show questionable filming practices go on with other teamsaround the league. I say questionable because the Jets film man was asked to stop so he obviously doing something the Pats didn't like. But whether it wasagainst the rules or not, I don't know.

^ But even if we are to assume what the Jets were doing was illegal and they were caught for it, Bellichik and the Pats have been caught REPEATEDLY over thepast few years.

This season wasn't the first time a team has complained about them filming/doing something questionable for an unfair advantage. On top of that just THISoffseason, Goodell made it clear that he was going to be a lot stricter on unfair practices/cheating like filming etc, and in the first game of the season thePats come out and do it, almost as if to say "We don't care what you think, we'll do what we want." There are a lot of things involved in thePats situation that make it a lot different and probably worse...

you idiot haters..... we knew about this before this season.... we just didn;t make a big deal about it cuz we know EVERBODY does it and snitching ain'tcool..... those Jets (Rats) deserve the season they're having....

^ But even if we are to assume what the Jets were doing was illegal and they were caught for it, Bellichik and the Pats have been caught REPEATEDLY over the past few years.
Cheating is cheating....

This season wasn't the first time a team has complained about them filming/doing something questionable for an unfair advantage. On top of that just THIS offseason, Goodell made it clear that he was going to be a lot stricter on unfair practices/cheating like filming etc, and in the first game of the season the Pats come out and do it, almost as if to say "We don't care what you think, we'll do what we want." There are a lot of things involved in the Pats situation that make it a lot different and probably worse...
I agree 100% about how the Patriots completely ignored the changes and continued in their ways. That's what disappointed me the most, the factwe disregarded the offseason changes and went right ahead filmed away. Stupid

Until the NFL actually does something, this is nothing more than speculation. ESPN jumping to conclusions as usual.

Oh wait, did you hear? The Pats spied on them last last year before the jets spied on them last year. So i guess thats another WRINKLE to the story.....

no one cares. truth is, Jets need a offensive line, Jones is wasting his time.

from what i understand it was one of those "everybodies doing it" type things up until this season...the rules changed and the jets staff literallysnitched

the pats will put up 100 on em and give them something else to think about
laugh.gif

People need to exercise some common sense and realize why a team about to make history would get a lot of attention. Boston teams never got love from ESPNor any media outlet when they weren't at the top of the game. People don't want to hear about the 0-13 Phins or the 3-10 Jets...they want to hear abouta team that is chasing history. Because for every person that wants the Pats to break the record, theres probably 5 who don't want them to, but those 5will still watch and follow along in hopes that the Pats crash.

And ESPN isn't reporting this to save the face of the Pats...the Pats have done that themselves this year perfectly...no pun intended

Back
Top Bottom