Jermaine O'Neal's knee............damn..............

I feel bad for him, and I respect him a lot, hopefully he can get back to it. He was awesome in the 06 playoffs, I remember. Or maybe it was 07 (lol)

Wow, NINE painkillers!? And he still has to walk with a limp because of the pain...

Man, that sucks.

Originally Posted by indohan

O'neal duo should retire....
Really, he's set for life (financially), he could help out in management or coaching staff.
Why not? I'm sure people from Indiana love him and won't blame him if he leaves.

shut up.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I wasn't trying to disprove you or anything, but my point was that this dude JO has been injury prone for the past few years. He hasn't played 70 games since the 03-04 season, it's the Grant Hill bug. If he'd stayed healthy, Grant Hill could have been one of the greatest players ever. If JO could stay healthy, he would be one of the best PF's in the L.

I won't be sold on the dude until he has back-to-back successful seasons where he stays healthy. Also, I hear you on Antawn, he's more of a offensive PF, but at least he's versatile. JO's defense makes him good and it's what a lot of players (Power Forwards in particular) are missing in their game, but if your not healthy, you can't get up and play as good defense as-if you were healthy.

IF I were JO, I'd just take the year off. The Pacers are an 8/9 seed right now, and if they go to the Playoffs this year, they won't get ANY higher than a 7 seed IMO. That means that they would probably play the Celtics, Pistons, Raptors, or Magic, none of which I think they could beat.

I love dudes in the NBA being successful, but he's not going to be if he's always battling injuries, wait until your healthy big dude!

EDIT: To add, the PF position is the best position right now in the L, followed closely by the PG position. I didn't even mention PF's like Al Horford, Lamar Odom, Al Harrington, Chris Wilcox, Udonis Haslem, Nene/Kenyon, Gerald Wallace (depending if you call him a 3 or 4), Drew Gooden, all of which are legitimate starters in the NBA, and key pieces to each of their respective teams.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

when healthy (j.o.) he is a beast...i'll be pulling for him...

"Taking the nine pain relievers a day has affected me in such a major way, to the point that I had to take a test to see how my liver is holding up. The pain I played with has been extraordinary."

2 names, Sean Elliott and Alonzo Mourning.

Better get off them Pain Killers ASAP

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Dude, he is still VERY MUCH one of the best 4's in the L.

By best, do you mean top 5? top 10? Because... David West, Dirk, Tim Duncan, KG, Amare, Brand, Boozer, LaMarcus Aldridge, Pau, Antawn, Shard, Sheed, Bosh are all better IMO.

I would have agreed 2-3 years ago, but just not anymore.

Rashard is not a PF...neither is Antawn Jamison...they just play there because of the makeups of their teams.

I honestly don't really feel bad for dude. He should have seen this coming when he built up his upper body but failed to strengthen his chicken legs.Jermaine O'Neal has been overrated for a long time... he started settling for that brick of an outside shot 5 years ago, well before he had started havingknee problems. His FG% has been
sick.gif
for a while and he turns the ball overway too much for a post player.

post-play-basketball.jpg

Hes a bum but he should plan on retiring.
You gotta be kidding me.

Anyway I feel for the guy and I hope he gets his knee as right as it can be because it'll never be 100% again. If he thinks it's in his best interestto retire I have no problem with it.

Originally Posted by TeamGriffey

Should have never fouled Kobe in the ASG, you bum.

I've hated him ever since. However, I just hope his knee gets better so it doesn't affect him for the rest of his life.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

So is he done or what?

Wow, this topic got resurrected from a 3 1/2 month slumber.

I hate to see %%$% like that happen to players though. The Pacers are stagnant anyway. I don't honestly see them getting a whole lot better unless peoplecan stay healthy and their bench improves.

Damn this knee injury is similar to Andrew Bynum's knee injury.Drew last I heard on espn is headed to Jersey today for a second opinon.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

umm he's still too young and talented to retire. still puts up 13 and 7 on a bad knee

And that knee is only gonna get worse if he keeps playing. He should do it for himself to retire.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

that sucks but stuff happens. he should have just had surgery and took it easy before coming back
he needed to allow this thing to heal properly instead of trying to help a weak team..... probably have shorten his career with this...
tired.gif

The dude that ref Mourning and Ellott...
it was their kidneys... not liver....

Back
Top Bottom