Jay Glazer's Top 20 NFL Free Agents for 2008

wow. i didn't realize the chargers have that much cap room.

granted, the bolts aren't going to re-sign michael turner or drayton florence, but with that type of room the chargers could potentially make some sort ofmove in free agency.

then again, this is AJ SMITH that i'm talking about. ever since the whole david boston debacle, the chargers haven't broken the bank for any freeagents, though it has worked out well for the team in the draft since then. aj smith has never been overly active in free agency, so i wouldn't besurprised to see that cap space go towards re-signing players currently on the team to extensions and what not.

i guess one thing to keep in mind is that after the chargers' first round pick, they won't pick again until the 5th round. they traded away their 2ndround pick to the dolphins for WR chris chambers, their 3rd round pick was a part of a deal to get the pick that was used to select S eric weddle, and the 4thround pick is already used because of picking CB paul oliver in the 2007 supplemental draft. that leaves the chargers with only a 1st, 5th, 6th, and 7th roundpick. maybe the bolts make a move or two in free agency to take advantage of the cap room they have to make up for the lack of draft picks..

What's stopping a Pacman/Asante or Nmandi CB combo next year in Tennessee?
Cortland Finnegan........the only way we go after a CB is if we give up on Pac, which i hope is not the case.

Albert Haynesworth might as well be scratched off that list, he's getting franchised if not re-signed.

Originally Posted by ezeblazin

What's stopping a Pacman/Asante or Nmandi CB combo next year in Tennessee?
Cortland Finnegan........the only way we go after a CB is if we give up on Pac, which i hope is not the case.

Albert Haynesworth might as well be scratched off that list, he's getting franchised if not re-signed.

Who the hell is Cortland Finnegan?

The Eagles will land somebody big this year. I see Stallworth coming back too. We should get some cap relief when a number of guys get let go.

I really hope the Giants aren't stupid and let Gibril get away. They also need to make a run at Samuel and a legitimate 2nd option behind Plax. Sam Madisonand Amani Toomer aren't getting any younger

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

Bob Sanders? Please, Jerry?
happy.gif
pimp.gif

It would be a miracle if Dallas found a way to trade Roy Williams and picked up Bob Sanders in the process. Not happening
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by isaxSJthebay08

aint Ken "Hammer" Hamlin a FA?
Yeah, hes listed in the paragraph about Bob Sanders.

If the Cowboys landed Sanders now that would be something special. But if we got him. Then we would have like the same safety.

Roy and Him. It is still
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by isaxSJthebay08

^or trade Roy for D.Hall
happy.gif
or someone move Ken "Hammer" Hamlin SS and put Bob at FS
Yea Roy is one of my favorite playersbut i think that Hamlin has defiantly outplayed him this year. I wouldn't mind seeing a trade of that kind.

I don't know if it will be D.Hall but a trade for a corner would be nice. Then signing Bob Sanders
pimp.gif

Reeves is trash too so we need that fixed or maybe the draft.

Bob Sanders is going no where. Polian said he will do everything in his power to keep him here. Don't get your hopes up.

^ agreed. many of the people on this list will either get new contracts before they actually reach free agency or they'll get slapped with the franchisetag.

bob sanders, jared allen, and albert haynesworth will more than likely get the franchise tag if no contract agreement is reached.

same goes for nnamdi asomugha and marcus trufant, though not quite on the level of the three guys above.

man id love to see Bob Sanders on the packers.... i need that Darren Sharper type safety back in my life... big hitter and can snatch the ball out of the airon any play

Back
Top Bottom