Japan 9.0 Mag. Quake/Tsunami -HAITI stands with Japan [vid]

man i'm scared as hell, my girl is in hawaii right now
frown.gif
This $%$% got me checkin cnn and abc every 2 seconds, can't wait for it to be over. Prayers go out to anybody that has fam in Japan

man i'm scared as hell, my girl is in hawaii right now
frown.gif
This $%$% got me checkin cnn and abc every 2 seconds, can't wait for it to be over. Prayers go out to anybody that has fam in Japan

L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just in

« Previous | L.A. NOW Home | Next »
Small waves from tsunami likely to hit California on Friday morning; beaches might be cleared
Comments (6)
(1801)
(379)
March 11, 2011 | 12:33 am
Click for the latest information from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
Officials said California could see small waves Friday morning resulting from the 8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan.

Cindi Preller of the West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center told Fox 11 News that the tsunami could cause some unusually high tides but not major inundations.

It's possible that officials will ask that beaches be cleared as a precaution. She added that the situation on the California coast might be similar to the aftermath of last year's Chile quake. That quake caused some small waves but caused no major damage.

Officials said the tsunami-related waves would occur in Santa Monica at 8:39 a.m. and in Newport Beach at 8:45 a.m.

The latest alerts cover Japan, Russia, many Asian countries and Pacific islands, including Hawaii as well as many South and Central American countries such as Chile, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru and Colombia.

In Hawaii, officials expect a wave could hit at 2:59 a.m. Hawaii time (4:59 a.m. PST).

-- Shelby Grad, Rong-Gong Lin II and Jill-Marie Jones

L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just in

« Previous | L.A. NOW Home | Next »
Small waves from tsunami likely to hit California on Friday morning; beaches might be cleared
Comments (6)
(1801)
(379)
March 11, 2011 | 12:33 am
Click for the latest information from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
Officials said California could see small waves Friday morning resulting from the 8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan.

Cindi Preller of the West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center told Fox 11 News that the tsunami could cause some unusually high tides but not major inundations.

It's possible that officials will ask that beaches be cleared as a precaution. She added that the situation on the California coast might be similar to the aftermath of last year's Chile quake. That quake caused some small waves but caused no major damage.

Officials said the tsunami-related waves would occur in Santa Monica at 8:39 a.m. and in Newport Beach at 8:45 a.m.

The latest alerts cover Japan, Russia, many Asian countries and Pacific islands, including Hawaii as well as many South and Central American countries such as Chile, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru and Colombia.

In Hawaii, officials expect a wave could hit at 2:59 a.m. Hawaii time (4:59 a.m. PST).

-- Shelby Grad, Rong-Gong Lin II and Jill-Marie Jones

Back
Top Bottom