James Harrison is a wild man

MG_7134-final1-300x300.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The only way you can deal with a guy like this is with a well aimed shot from a distance. 9.98 times out of 10 he'll destroy you if you tried to fight him, and if he was good with those guns he has, then your dead...that FN Five Seven in his left hand will pierce the body armor that you have on. You need at least 150 yards of standoff distance to get at this dude
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MG_7134-final1-300x300.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The only way you can deal with a guy like this is with a well aimed shot from a distance. 9.98 times out of 10 he'll destroy you if you tried to fight him, and if he was good with those guns he has, then your dead...that FN Five Seven in his left hand will pierce the body armor that you have on. You need at least 150 yards of standoff distance to get at this dude
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why would any parent allow Harrison to be a role model? In fact, almost any athlete to be one? Gotta talk to your kids about what a role model actually is....

Him and Ben allegedly patched things up. Ha ha, sure...

Why would any parent allow Harrison to be a role model? In fact, almost any athlete to be one? Gotta talk to your kids about what a role model actually is....

Originally Posted by dmxfury

A parent has no control over who is a role model and who isn't. A role model is determined by a person's stage in society. Hell anyone CAN be a role model. So I am not sure what you are trying to say DMX.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

A parent has no control over who is a role model and who isn't. A role model is determined by a person's stage in society. Hell anyone CAN be a role model. So I am not sure what you are trying to say DMX.

Yeah I reread what I wrote and it didn't portray what I was trying to say. Basically athletes are in a great position to be a positive influence on are youth but so few take the opportunity to actually do it. It is unfortunate and James is obviously one who doesn't care to be a good influence. Unfortunate since his story is pretty inspiring.

'Allow' wasn't the word I was looking for, should've used the thesaurus

Yeah I reread what I wrote and it didn't portray what I was trying to say. Basically athletes are in a great position to be a positive influence on are youth but so few take the opportunity to actually do it. It is unfortunate and James is obviously one who doesn't care to be a good influence. Unfortunate since his story is pretty inspiring.

'Allow' wasn't the word I was looking for, should've used the thesaurus

Now see this is where the issue lies.

Some of us view what he is doing as not being positive. But what he is doing, on a simple scale, is speaking out against the authorities. Now is that REALLY something that you would view as wrong? If so many players feel the same way he does, would there every be a right time for someone to speak up and say how they feel? We don't know how these dudes feel. Many describe Goddell as a bully. They really don't think he has their best interest at heart. He has come in and changed how these dudes are "supposed" to think/react on the field.

So is my question is, is speaking out against authorities, when you feel in a powerless/submissive position, always considered wrong?

Of course him going at his teammates isn't right.

Some of us view what he is doing as not being positive. But what he is doing, on a simple scale, is speaking out against the authorities. Now is that REALLY something that you would view as wrong? If so many players feel the same way he does, would there every be a right time for someone to speak up and say how they feel? We don't know how these dudes feel. Many describe Goddell as a bully. They really don't think he has their best interest at heart. He has come in and changed how these dudes are "supposed" to think/react on the field.

So is my question is, is speaking out against authorities, when you feel in a powerless/submissive position, always considered wrong?

I meant the pics with the guns, some previous comments he has made, and calling out teammates like that. I have no problem calling out authority and I think he has good points. However the way he expresses it is foolish because with the words he used, few are going to listen to the actual message. But I definitely agree with him and others calling out Roger, I love it

I meant the pics with the guns, some previous comments he has made, and calling out teammates like that. I have no problem calling out authority and I think he has good points. However the way he expresses it is foolish because with the words he used, few are going to listen to the actual message. But I definitely agree with him and others calling out Roger, I love it

Pardon me if I am incorrect, but wasn't James Harrison dropping back in coverage way more than usual in the Superbowl?

Pardon me if I am incorrect, but wasn't James Harrison dropping back in coverage way more than usual in the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I don't think it's the part about him coming out against Goddell that makes people dislike Harrison, more the fact that he attacks his own teammates and just speaks like an unpleasant guy.  Also, there's nothing wrong with speaking truth to power but it matters how you do it—calling someone a "f****t" is what a kid does when they are losing an argument.  Why not make a thoughtful argument without the personal attacks?  People would be more likely to listen.  I think he and fans like you mistake the fact that people don't like Harrison not because he is a rebel-type figure but because everything he says has to be in this super aggressive immature type tone.

I don't think it's the part about him coming out against Goddell that makes people dislike Harrison, more the fact that he attacks his own teammates and just speaks like an unpleasant guy.  Also, there's nothing wrong with speaking truth to power but it matters how you do it—calling someone a "f****t" is what a kid does when they are losing an argument.  Why not make a thoughtful argument without the personal attacks?  People would be more likely to listen.  I think he and fans like you mistake the fact that people don't like Harrison not because he is a rebel-type figure but because everything he says has to be in this super aggressive immature type tone.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

But nothing he said was really "wrong"

So, you agree with this:

Harrison also questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20," Harrison said. "You think black players don't see this s--- and lose all respect for Goodell?"

Yes. Vick gets it the worse without  any punishment for those who hit him.

Examples....or are you talkin' outta ur #$$? 

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

But nothing he said was really "wrong"

So, you agree with this:

Harrison also questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20," Harrison said. "You think black players don't see this s--- and lose all respect for Goodell?"

Yes. Vick gets it the worse without  any punishment for those who hit him.

Examples....or are you talkin' outta ur #$$? 

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), 
My man!!  I applaud Harrison for this statement at least.

Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time

rbk7ew.jpg

Now that's we've gotten that out of the way.  You know how it is with these Brady lovers on here, you have to put them in their place early and often around here before the season begins.  Otherwise they're liable to act a fool as we just saw above.

In regards to the "1 tackle" that James Harrison had in the Super Bowl, either way that 1 tackle is better than "1 fumble" and "2 interceptions".  Besides, nobody should be coming to the defense of Rashard Mendenhall given his tweets this off-season regarding the victims of 9/11 and to the defense of Bathroom Ben given all his run-ins with the law, you would think he was trying to give Pacman Jones a run for his money. 

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Harrison also criticizes other NFL execs, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), 
My man!!  I applaud Harrison for this statement at least.

Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time

rbk7ew.jpg

Now that's we've gotten that out of the way.  You know how it is with these Brady lovers on here, you have to put them in their place early and often around here before the season begins.  Otherwise they're liable to act a fool as we just saw above.

In regards to the "1 tackle" that James Harrison had in the Super Bowl, either way that 1 tackle is better than "1 fumble" and "2 interceptions".  Besides, nobody should be coming to the defense of Rashard Mendenhall given his tweets this off-season regarding the victims of 9/11 and to the defense of Bathroom Ben given all his run-ins with the law, you would think he was trying to give Pacman Jones a run for his money. 

That is what Vick said. He said the type of hits that he gets get no type of punishment from the league. I don't view Vick as a dude to "cry" so if he says it, I would actually listen.

http://nfl-facts-and-rumo.../entry/22475988/26309670

But is it a race issue like Harrison is insinuating, or is it more of the refs being inconsistent with how they're calling the game?  Personally, I think it's the latter of the two and a lot of confusion as to when exactly a flag is warranted when a QB is hit.  This is RG's doing, and it's having a negative affect on the game.  Just my .02....nothing to do with race.

Back
Top Bottom