J.R could be a great player.

Originally Posted by atransta

no the jr smith love fest is worst

laugh.gif
so true..

B Roy is and will always be better then Melo and I'm a Laker fan..
Melo is a glorified Glenn Robinson to me..

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Melo vs BRoy is an interesting comparison.
hell no its not
I don't see why not. Melo is the better scorer and rebounder, but BRoy is more versatile, passer and a tad bit more efficient. Both areequally clutch.

My top 20 RIGHT NOW! This is not for the future
nor is it for there past accomplishments.. Its there play
on the court RIGHT NOW!
1. Kobe Bryant
2. LeBron James
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Brandon Roy
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Deron Williams
10. Pau Gasol
11. Kevin Durant
12. Chris Bosh
13. Danny Granger
14. Devin Harris
15. Amar'e Stoudemire
16. Tim Duncan
17. Kevin Garnett
18. Al Jefferson
19. Paul Pierce
20. Andre Iguodala

honorable mention:
Tony Parker & Joe Johnson

To me Garnett & Duncan have moved down due to injuries and age
they just are not what they used to be.. Pierce is also on his way down.
Bosh might be a little bit high but 22 and 10
Say what you want about Dirk but he's still the best PF in the game 26ppg and 9reb..
Pau has showed me something in the playoffs and he has the #'s to back it up
Say what you want about Granger and Harris playing on losing teams they don't choose who there teammates are &
Harris was the PG of a team who made it to the finals..
B Roy has gotten his team in the playoffs puts up 22 5 5 and is clutch..youtube broy rockets bro..
Deron Williams is great but I have a feeling Durant will bump him outta the top 10 next year..
Speaking of Durant I think after the all star break he put up 29 8 & 4
Jefferson needs to come back strong after injury and he'll move up
the new AI really impressed me during the playoffs and I look for him to jump up this year..
Stoudemire looks to be back to form but still needs to polish all around game

I'm sure people will argue but IMO

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

This Brandon Roy lovefest is disgusting

tell me about it....b.roy over melo? hell nah! what has b.roy done in his first few seasons that got y'all like this? **%#! disgusting
smh.gif

Melo if anything is underrated on this board and by the media
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

Originally Posted by atransta

no the jr smith love fest is worst

laugh.gif
so true..

B Roy is and will always be better then Melo and I'm a Laker fan..
Melo is a glorified Glenn Robinson to me..

prove this...show me what has b.roy done that melo hasn't already? i mean seriously are you talking out of hate or something? i mean if you like b.roysgame more than melos i can respect that but to say b.roy is better and will always be better than melo is nonsense

B. Roy is definitely better than Melo. B. Roy makes players better, whereas Melo doesn't, and he needed Chauncey Billups to taste postseason success. Thatwas C. Billups team last season. Melo still has questionable leadership skills, maturity level, and always seems to do somethin' dumb to knock him down apeg. I'm not asking Melo to be pristine, just smarter. He's not on LeBron or D. Wade's level either.

B. Roy came in the NBA born to lead. He will have a few rings before he retires.

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

My top 20 RIGHT NOW! This is not for the future
nor is it for there past accomplishments.. Its there play
on the court RIGHT NOW!
1. Kobe Bryant
2. LeBron James
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Brandon Roy
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Deron Williams
10. Pau Gasol
11. Kevin Durant
12. Chris Bosh
13. Danny Granger
14. Devin Harris
15. Amar'e Stoudemire
16. Tim Duncan
17. Kevin Garnett
18. Al Jefferson
19. Paul Pierce
20. Andre Iguodala

honorable mention:
Tony Parker & Joe Johnson

To me Garnett & Duncan have moved down due to injuries and age
they just are not what they used to be.. Pierce is also on his way down.
Bosh might be a little bit high but 22 and 10
Say what you want about Dirk but he's still the best PF in the game 26ppg and 9reb..
Pau has showed me something in the playoffs and he has the #'s to back it up
Say what you want about Granger and Harris playing on losing teams they don't choose who there teammates are &
Harris was the PG of a team who made it to the finals..
B Roy has gotten his team in the playoffs puts up 22 5 5 and is clutch..youtube broy rockets bro..
Deron Williams is great but I have a feeling Durant will bump him outta the top 10 next year..
Speaking of Durant I think after the all star break he put up 29 8 & 4
Jefferson needs to come back strong after injury and he'll move up
the new AI really impressed me during the playoffs and I look for him to jump up this year..
Stoudemire looks to be back to form but still needs to polish all around game

I'm sure people will argue but IMO

I agree with this. I don't think people are acting like Brandon Roy is god, but the guy has proved himself, I don't see what's wrong withrecognizing that . He's constantly improving and I think that'll continue for a while.

Roy isn't better than Melo either. Melo is arguably the best scorer in the league, a good rebounder, an underrated passer and he's improved his effortat the defensive end. The advantage Roy has over Melo is playmaking ability and leadership. Also, Billups is not the only reason Denver improved. Let's notignore Carmelo's increased effort on the defensive end. Let's not ignore the effect of Nene over Camby as the starting Center. Let's not ignoreBirdman's impact of the bench. Roy is a very good player, but I don't see him being above Carmelo.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

B. Roy is definitely better than Melo. B. Roy makes players better, whereas Melo doesn't, and he needed Chauncey Billups to taste postseason success. That was C. Billups team last season. Melo still has questionable leadership skills, maturity level, and always seems to do somethin' dumb to knock him down a peg. I'm not asking Melo to be pristine, just smarter. He's not on LeBron or D. Wade's level either.

B. Roy came in the NBA born to lead. He will have a few rings before he retires.

ima take that as your opinion b/c stats tell me otherwise

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nuggets guard J.R. Smith's tweets are raising questions among fans. Several recent posts by Smith on his page - twitter.com/jr_smith1 - are written in a way that is commonly associated with the Bloods street gang. Words that would have a "C" in them are replaced with "K," or if a word has both in them, the "C" is removed altogether. Smith has nearly 15,000 followers on his Twitter page. "Those are still little messages that are being transcended back to some of the neighborhoods," said Rev. Leon Kelly, executive director of Open Door Youth Gang Alternatives in Denver. "Not to say in no way is he promoting a gang. But people got to understand that a lot of these kids come from gang neighborhoods. Their friends are still involved in doing what they do. Just because one was able to get out of that lifestyle, many of them don't forget where they come from." Denver Post[/font]
http:// Jr Smith is a *+@%%!+ idiot.

As for the Melo/BROY debate. Roy isn't anywhere near as naturally talented as Melo is terms of sheer ability. But the all around consistency and reputationas a leader probably puts him in front of Melo in terms of value in most peoples eyes.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ahh yes, a Carmelo Anthony discussion *cracks knuckles*

Paging yungmatt and allen

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
As you know, Im starting to come around...but... If im starting a Franchise and I gotta choose between the two, Im taking B.Roy.

FTR, I think Melo is the more talented player out of the two.

wooooooooooooooow to any of you ppl out there now stepping out of your way to say B ROY is better than carmelo, its one thing to say he better than JR. Smith.B ROY has some truly dedicated fans on here, who dont know anything about basketball.

Roy's the better leader.

Melo is more talented. Melo has the ability to lead the league in scoring and he still has a little more ceiling left. Roy is basically at his ceiling. Thatdoesn't mean he's a great player though.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ahh yes, a Carmelo Anthony discussion *cracks knuckles*

Paging yungmatt and allen

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
As you know, Im starting to come around...but... If im starting a Franchise and I gotta choose between the two, Im taking B.Roy.

FTR, I think Melo is the more talented player out of the two.
It was only a matter of time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Originally Posted by KingJay718

B. Roy is definitely better than Melo. B. Roy makes players better, whereas Melo doesn't, and he needed Chauncey Billups to taste postseason success. That was C. Billups team last season. Melo still has questionable leadership skills, maturity level, and always seems to do somethin' dumb to knock him down a peg. I'm not asking Melo to be pristine, just smarter. He's not on LeBron or D. Wade's level either.

ima take that as your opinion b/c stats tell me otherwise

Well, if you do compare stats Melo really isn't that much better through his first 3 years then Roy through his first 3 years. They're about evenactually. And to be honest Roy last year is on par with Melo's last year stat wise. So stats don't really tell you otherwise.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

wooooooooooooooow to any of you ppl out there now stepping out of your way to say B ROY is better than carmelo, its one thing to say he better than JR. Smith. B ROY has some truly dedicated fans on here, who dont know anything about basketball.

Bro, you are the one who started this thread, talking about "JR could be this, JR could be that" when he's shown to be nothing more then a scorerand Ricky Davis clone. You don't really have much room to talk about basketball knowledge seeing as you are in love with what seems to be anything DenverNuggets.

Back
Top Bottom