J.R could be a great player.

I smell another hype train
laugh.gif

Dude woulda be a killer on a team like The Spurs with a system and a demanding coach in place. He needs discipline to go to the next level.

He is a bonehead tho.

Originally Posted by phat703

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Top 10?

LeBron
Kobe
Dwyane
D12
Timmy
Dirk
Pau
Al Jeff
Yao
Vince
Bosh
CP3
DW8
Shaq
Nash
Rashard
PP
Rayray
KG
Pau
Durant
Melo
Chauncey

Are all better then B Roy, you guys are overrating BRoy, and I left some people off that aren't better.
Put it this way....if you are building a team RIGHT NOW, which of those guys that you listed would you actually take over Brandon Roy....

*I'll wait...

CB34

I hope to God you aren't referring to Charles Barkley.

Anyway, I do agree that Roy is overrated in the sense of what people think he's capable of. People seem to believe he has some "other worldly"potential that could place on a Kobe/Wade/LBJ like level when the reality is that given his age...he's probably more likely closer to his ceiling...whichisn't necessarily a bad thing. He's a 2nd tier All Star, solid leader, will win alot of games and have a great career...but he doesn't possess thetype of talent that could transcend the way we look at players at his position like a Durant for instance.

I remember last year saying that if Portland drafted KD that Roy would have been a great #2/wingman to KD and dudes scolded me like I had disrespected Roy orsomething.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by phat703

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Top 10?

LeBron
Kobe
Dwyane
D12
Timmy
Dirk
Pau
Al Jeff
Yao
Vince
Bosh
CP3
DW8
Shaq
Nash
Rashard
PP
Rayray
KG
Pau
Durant
Melo
Chauncey

Are all better then B Roy, you guys are overrating BRoy, and I left some people off that aren't better.
Put it this way....if you are building a team RIGHT NOW, which of those guys that you listed would you actually take over Brandon Roy....

*I'll wait...

CB34

I hope to God you aren't referring to Charles Barkley.

Anyway, I do agree that Roy is overrated in the sense of what people think he's capable of. People seem to believe he has some "other worldly" potential that could place on a Kobe/Wade/LBJ like level when the reality is that given his age...he's probably more likely closer to his ceiling...which isn't necessarily a bad thing. He's a 2nd tier All Star, solid leader, will win alot of games and have a great career...but he doesn't possess the type of talent that could transcend the way we look at players at his position like a Durant for instance.

I remember last year saying that if Portland drafted KD that Roy would have been a great #2/wingman to KD and dudes scolded me like I had disrespected Roy or something.
Oops
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
..I meant CB4

If I'm building a team right now

LeBron
CB4
Melo
Wade
Durant
Westbrook
Brook
Anthony Randolph
Al Jeff
Kobe
CP3
Dwill
Rose

are all players I'd pick RIGHT NOW before BROY. Now, Broy is one of my favorite players. Yet you guys are overrating the hell out of him. You guys act likehe has the second coming of Kobe. He is very nice but he isn't a top 10 player whether it be top 10 players to build off, or top 10 players in the league.

LeBron
CB4
Melo
Wade
Durant
Westbrook
Brook
Anthony Randolph
Al Jeff
Kobe
CP3
Dwill
Rose

are all players I'd pick RIGHT NOW before BROY. Now, Broy is one of my favorite players. Yet you guys are overrating the hell out of him. You guys act like he has the second coming of Kobe. He is very nice but he isn't a top 10 player whether it be top 10 players to build off, or top 10 players in the league.
OH NO
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

So you would take one of the softest PFs in the league, a PG that can't shoot with questionable point skills, a decent C who was the 3rd/4th option on asorry Nets team, and Anthony Randolph
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
. I understand big men are hard to come by but you're gonna take them over a guy who's going to be an All Star for years, has the ability torun the point, is absolutely cold blooded in the clutch, and he gets better every year? I'm glad you're not a GM.

People are overrating the hell out of BRoy yes, but you guys are severly underrating him. @$!+ is someone gonna find a healthy median?

LeBron
CB4
Melo
Wade
Durant
Westbrook
Brook
Anthony Randolph
Al Jeff
Kobe
CP3
Dwill
Rose

are all players I'd pick RIGHT NOW before BROY. Now, Broy is one of my favorite players. Yet you guys are overrating the hell out of him. You guys act like he has the second coming of Kobe. He is very nice but he isn't a top 10 player whether it be top 10 players to build off, or top 10 players in the league.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by gangtsa

How is it an assinine comment. Tmac in his younger days was better than Roy is now. All he's saying is if Jr put it together he'd be up there.

I would say Joe johnson is ahead of Roy in sg rankings. But since opionions are facts here...well roy is 3rd.

What does this have to do with ANYTHING???
Its also a pretty questionable statement, at least IMO. Maybe T-Mac was a better scorer, but I think Roy now is a more complete player than T-Macever was. So, with that said, I don't think Smith is on the same level as Roy and I don't see him ever amounting to much more than he is now.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by gangtsa

How is it an assinine comment. Tmac in his younger days was better than Roy is now. All he's saying is if Jr put it together he'd be up there.

I would say Joe johnson is ahead of Roy in sg rankings. But since opionions are facts here...well roy is 3rd.

What does this have to do with ANYTHING???
Its also a pretty questionable statement, at least IMO. Maybe T-Mac was a better scorer, but I think Roy now is a more complete player than T-Mac ever was. So, with that said, I don't think Smith is on the same level as Roy and I don't see him ever amounting to much more than he is now.

Your definately underrating T-Mac. Mcgrady in his prime is a better player than Roy. On the other hand, I'm not too sure on J.R. becoming anall-star....and if he ever does become an all-star, it won't be Denver. The way George Karl uses J.R. is what makes me think he won't ever reach anall-star level, but he has shown that he can play a complete game when he wants to.

thats what im saying in order to get to the next level he has to leave denver, I love watching them play but for him to get better he has to leave. and thankthose who see how NT is overrating brandon roy

your crazy he averages 16 points in 25 minutes you give him 40min a game he putting up 25ppg at least
roll.gif

Top 10?

LeBron
Kobe
Dwyane
D12
Timmy
Dirk
Pau
Al Jeff
Yao
Vince
Bosh

CP3
DW8
Shaq
Nash
Rashard
PP

Rayray
KG
Pau
Durant

Melo
Chauncey

roll.gif
laugh.gif

RIGHT NOW?

dude was 2nd team all nba, and im pretty sure thats voted by coaches. could be wrong tho.
alot of those players above WERE better than roy. or maybe some time in the future (durant)

LeBron
CB4
Melo
Wade
Durant
Westbrook
Brook
Anthony Randolph
Al Jeff
Kobe
CP3
Dwill
Rose

Anthony Randolph?
Aaron Brooks?
Russel Westbrook?

LeBron
CB4
Melo
Wade
Durant
Westbrook
Brook
Anthony Randolph
Al Jeff
Kobe
CP3
Dwill
Rose

I seriously think I need a break from this board

Originally Posted by WJuN15

your crazy he averages 16 points in 25 minutes you give him 40min a game he putting up 25ppg at least
roll.gif

Top 10?

LeBron
Kobe
Dwyane
D12
Timmy
Dirk
Pau
Al Jeff
Yao
Vince
Bosh

CP3
DW8
Shaq
Nash
Rashard
PP

Rayray
KG
Pau
Durant

Melo
Chauncey

roll.gif
laugh.gif

RIGHT NOW?

dude was 2nd team all nba, and im pretty sure thats voted by coaches. could be wrong tho.
alot of those players above WERE better than roy. or maybe some time in the future (durant)

tell me you having melo in bold is a mistake?

roll.gif
Not a sneak wrote:

LeBron
CB4
Melo
Wade
Durant
Westbrook
Brook
Anthony Randolph
Al Jeff
Kobe
CP3
Dwill
Rose

roll.gif
roll.gif

Fam, you know we're talking about in real life right? not NBA live on rookie settings. are ya'll forgetting, son is an All Star!!! At least showthe man respect by picking other star caliber players above him. The only two acceptable non all-stars on that list are durant and d will, and i think theyboth will make it in the next few years.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Originally Posted by WJuN15

roll.gif

Top 10?

LeBron
Kobe
Dwyane
D12
Timmy
Dirk
Pau
Al Jeff
Yao
Vince
Bosh

CP3
DW8
Shaq
Nash
Rashard
PP

Rayray
KG
Pau
Durant

Melo
Chauncey

roll.gif
laugh.gif

RIGHT NOW?

Melo is not better then B Roy.

I'm sorry but there is way to much hype around Melo. He is a good player but def not great.

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

yungchamp wrote:

WJuN15 wrote:

roll.gif

Top 10?

LeBron
Kobe
Dwyane
D12
Timmy
Dirk
Pau
Al Jeff
Yao
Vince
Bosh

CP3
DW8
Shaq
Nash
Rashard
PP

Rayray
KG
Pau
Durant

Melo
Chauncey

roll.gif
laugh.gif

RIGHT NOW?

Melo is not better then B Roy.

I'm sorry but there is way to much hype around Melo. He is a good player but def not great.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

broy better than melo? logout now
laugh.gif

Give me one reason why Melo is a better player then B Roy?

I know most of you kids are brainwashed into thinking these guys with the nicest kicks and commercials are the best players in the league.

If B Roy had tats and wore J's most of you would be comparing him to Kobe and Bron
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

Give me one reason why Melo is a better player then B Roy?

I know most of you kids are brainwashed into thinking these guys with the nicest kicks and commercials are the best players in the league.

If B Roy had tats and wore J's most of you would be comparing him to Kobe and Bron
laugh.gif
I'm a huge Melo fan but I gotta agree. Roy with Billups would disgusting thinking about it
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom