I've been shutting off all electricity in my house before going to sleep...

I was told that as long as something was plugged in it uses energy whether its on or off. My dad and his wife UNPLUG EVERYTHING when it's not in use or when they aren't home. My dad swears since they do that they see a big difference in the energy bill. It seems too time consuming to me. Having to always reset clocks and crap. But hey to each his/her own.

This still sounds dangerous to me :lol:

Makes me think of that Seinfeld ep where Kramer said he was gonna only sleep in 15 min intervals so he could have a full extra day of free time and the one with his biological alarm clock :lol:

Last edited:
For about the last 6-7 days. And I have never had such vivid thought provoking dreams in my life.
Not to mention I seem to sleep better (use to roll around a lot - or wake up often) amd wake up feeling much more refreshed and energized for the day. And the only alteration is shutting the electricity in the house off
Now I don't know if this premise/idea is actually working or not but I'm definitely interested in researching it and finding out if other people do it.
Amd yes I shut my phone off. I theorize that all the electricity flowing around us can't be a very healthy thing

Do you shut your breaker off every night or unplug everything?

I was told that as long as something was plugged in it uses energy whether its on or off. My dad and his wife UNPLUG EVERYTHING when it's not in use or when they aren't home. My dad swears since they do that they see a big difference in the energy bill. It seems too time consuming to me. Having to always reset clocks and crap. But hey to each his/her own.

It does. Appliances run on DC power there is a regulator within the components although it is not powered on (using DC power) it is still receiving power (AC power) and converting it.

Last edited:
For about the last 6-7 days. And I have never had such vivid thought provoking dreams in my life.
Not to mention I seem to sleep better (use to roll around a lot - or wake up often) amd wake up feeling much more refreshed and energized for the day. And the only alteration is shutting the electricity in the house off
Now I don't know if this premise/idea is actually working or not but I'm definitely interested in researching it and finding out if other people do it.
Amd yes I shut my phone off. I theorize that all the electricity flowing around us can't be a very healthy thing
I feel the same way about all these wireless gadgets and wifi 

been doin this as well. used to leave the laptop and ps3 on but now everything is unplugged and my brain has been keeping quiet and i dont roll around as much in bed. read an article on this like amonth ago. these electric radio waves or w/e mess with your body...

Last edited:
This still sounds dangerous to me :lol:

Makes me think of that Seinfeld ep where Kramer said he was gonna only sleep in 15 min intervals so he could have a full extra day of free time :lol:

or when he blew out the entire bulidings power with the huge generator for his hot tub & his internal alarm clock didnt go off & jean paul almost missed his race AGAIN :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom