iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

What do you guys do when you have a soundtrack or something, and there are alot of different artist? I don't know how i should organize that lol

What do you guys do when you have a soundtrack or something, and there are alot of different artist? I don't know how i should organize that lol

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

name of the movie as artist, name of the soundtrack for album. in the song section, name of the song and w/e artist is on the song.

name of the movie as artist, name of the soundtrack for album. in the song section, name of the song and w/e artist is on the song.

This is how i organize a soundtrack;
1. Artist - "Artist of the song"
2. Album Artist - "Various Artist"
3. Album -"Whatever the album is"
4. Genre - "Soundtrack"

This is how i organize a soundtrack;
1. Artist - "Artist of the song"
2. Album Artist - "Various Artist"
3. Album -"Whatever the album is"
4. Genre - "Soundtrack"

For soundtracks with multiple artists set it as a compilation.keep artist name

make album artists "various artists"

For soundtracks with multiple artists set it as a compilation.keep artist name

make album artists "various artists"

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

My man said ignore Bieber when that's the one album thats actually highlighted.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Apollo Greed

Mediamonkey.

The best alternative to iTunes is Mediamonkey 

If you're on Windows and you're tired of iTunes and its inefficiency, try out MediaMonkey: organize music and edit tags easily by batch, automatically lookup and tag album art and other missing information from the internet, and the premium version has folder monitoring so your library is updated automatically when you get new music. (You can probably "get" the premium version where you get your music haha)

iTunes is fine if you only have a few dozen albums but I have over 20k songs and itunes just won't cut it. If tried using it again it would be a PAIN.

MPAEA.png

tGU3o.png

qpCcR.png

S5FXQ.png

KMMGD.png
wHGrs.png
WItqM.png

Originally Posted by Apollo Greed

Mediamonkey.

The best alternative to iTunes is Mediamonkey 

If you're on Windows and you're tired of iTunes and its inefficiency, try out MediaMonkey: organize music and edit tags easily by batch, automatically lookup and tag album art and other missing information from the internet, and the premium version has folder monitoring so your library is updated automatically when you get new music. (You can probably "get" the premium version where you get your music haha)

iTunes is fine if you only have a few dozen albums but I have over 20k songs and itunes just won't cut it. If tried using it again it would be a PAIN.

MPAEA.png

tGU3o.png

qpCcR.png

S5FXQ.png

KMMGD.png
wHGrs.png
WItqM.png

I've been using WMP all my life and its great, but the only problem with it was that you cant really tag songs with album art. so then I started to use MediaMonkey a couple months ago just so I can have the album art for everything. but the tag editor on MediaMonkey is so confusing because it kept changing the song titles and stuff and it was really annoying. so then I finally decided to give iTunes a try about 3 weeks ago and I'm pleased with it so far. I find organizing and tagging on iTunes a lot easier than MediaMonkey.

I've been using WMP all my life and its great, but the only problem with it was that you cant really tag songs with album art. so then I started to use MediaMonkey a couple months ago just so I can have the album art for everything. but the tag editor on MediaMonkey is so confusing because it kept changing the song titles and stuff and it was really annoying. so then I finally decided to give iTunes a try about 3 weeks ago and I'm pleased with it so far. I find organizing and tagging on iTunes a lot easier than MediaMonkey.

quick question:

everytime i sync my iphone into itunes, i lose about 3-4 songs.. is it because the songs don't get played as often?

quick question:

everytime i sync my iphone into itunes, i lose about 3-4 songs.. is it because the songs don't get played as often?

On iTunes,what do you click so that all your music files automatically go into folders within your iTunes folder?

I think that's right

On iTunes,what do you click so that all your music files automatically go into folders within your iTunes folder?

I think that's right

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

I think that's right.
For entire library - File > Library > Organize Library... >  select "Consolidate files" then hit OK

For individual files - right click file > select "Consolidate Files..." > hit "Consolidate"

Back
Top Bottom