Its Time For The United States To Have A Serious Look At Gun Control Laws

:pimp: I will swing by Wal-Mart later
No need here's a link for you http://www.autoweapons.com/photos07/nov/lmtgl.html

i posted this in the last gun thread.
for those arguing FOR guns, if you were to get into an argument and it got physical (pushing/shoving/punches thrown) would it be appropriate to pull your gun out? what course of action would you take while your gun is on you?
really just curious. a lot of you guys make good points for both sides.

I don't carry to often and that is a very bad habit as I would like to start carrying more but when you decided to carry I feel you loose the right to be an a-hole. I would do whatever it took not to get into a physical confrontation and only draw if I felt my life was in danger. But I'm not one to get into fights so I've never ran into this problem.

Its not but when things are discussed analogies are brought into the discussion.
Thinking something is stupid and doesn't make sense because it's a rebuttal to argument, childish...
Fact of the matter is in according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States, including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year.
On the other hand, there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.
More people died on account of drunk driving than of a gun.
Killing someone while driving drunk = murder/manslaughter. You made the decision to impair yourself and then hop in a vehicle. Whether premeditated or not it is still murder/manslaughter.
Someone already said it, outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have them. Smoking pot is illegal, how many people do you know that smoke. Underage drinking is illegal, how many people do you know that drank while under 21. Bottom line, if someone wants to take you out, they'll take you out. Guns are not necessary, bombs can be made with household items. This whole knee-jerk reaction on gun control is ridiculous because in the end, all you're going to do is take the guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizens.

Thank you, kind sir, for attempting to show the ignorant child the light.

As I did not feel like typing such a long response.

i posted this in the last gun thread.
for those arguing FOR guns, if you were to get into an argument and it got physical (pushing/shoving/punches thrown) would it be appropriate to pull your gun out? what course of action would you take while your gun is on you?
really just curious. a lot of you guys make good points for both sides.

I can say in my 30 years on this earth, I've never just gotten into an argument that ended in physical altercation. But to answer your question, it would be absolutely inappropriate to pull out a gun. Whether you think carrying is a right, privilege, responsibility, when you carry you have a higher standard to avoid confrontation and potentially bad situations.

Its not but when things are discussed analogies are brought into the discussion.
Thinking something is stupid and doesn't make sense because it's a rebuttal to argument, childish...
Fact of the matter is in according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States, including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year.
On the other hand, there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.
More people died on account of drunk driving than of a gun.
Killing someone while driving drunk = murder/manslaughter. You made the decision to impair yourself and then hop in a vehicle. Whether premeditated or not it is still murder/manslaughter.
Someone already said it, outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have them. Smoking pot is illegal, how many people do you know that smoke. Underage drinking is illegal, how many people do you know that drank while under 21. Bottom line, if someone wants to take you out, they'll take you out. Guns are not necessary, bombs can be made with household items. This whole knee-jerk reaction on gun control is ridiculous because in the end, all you're going to do is take the guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizens.
So because people kill themselves and others by accidents related drinking and driving....

we shouldn't try to prevent people from intentionally killling others with guns?

preventing 31% of accidental traffic deaths > 68% of intentional MURDERS? oh.

Just because one occurs doesn't mean you shouldn't try to prevent the other from happening.

if you outlaw guns, not only out aws will have them, law enforcement will have them as well.

Last edited:
Nobody said anything about trying to prevent gun violence, though.

I was just pointing out that alcohol is more of a problem than gun violence.

And in some cases they actually go hand in hand.

This whole thread is about taking a look at gun control laws to PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE.

This whole thread is about taking a look at gun control laws to PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE.

All gun laws do are restrict legal gun ownership because criminals do not follow laws.

You know what I have great idea. I know how to stop murders over night. How about we make murder illegal... oh wait.

You shouldn't be able to order anything online, that is one thing to start with.

Because they just ship the gun to your house right?:rolleyes

If you order guns online they must be sent to a store with Federal Firearms License. Than there the person who bought it goes through the same process as if they had to buy it in the store minuses paying the shop for the actual firearm

You shouldn't be able to order anything online, that is one thing to start with.

Because they just ship the gun to your house right?:rolleyes

If you order guns online they must be sent to a store with Federal Firearms License. Than there the person who bought it goes through the same process as if they had to buy it in the store minuses paying the shop for the actual firearm

i always wondered how this worked. thanks for clearing this up. (No sarcasm)

people act like laws are gonna change anything...all laws do is give one group the power to police another....you think you can sign a law into place and men will stop killing each other? banning guns isn't going to make them disappear....they're apart of this sick culture...

people put power in the wrong hands...its quite despicable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom